Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:18 am Madden was having a great season, feel bad for him

Good news - Gadjovich’s game is hitting all kinds of great new levels much to the dismay of Doyle. He’s looking like he could turn out to be a very good bottom 6 player
My dismay? I suggested drafting him before he was drafted.

Oh you mean where I commented that he had a poor rookie year last year... carry on painting the board brown. You do you. :lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:00 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:06 pm "superciliousness" = Fuck off!

"(cheekiness)" W R O N G *sigh*
No. You; and I'm right,....................................................again. :drink:
Seriously, this is the second time you've hosted your own little Word of the Day moment and got the definition wrong.

Sad!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:00 pm
Micky wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:00 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:06 pm "superciliousness" = Fuck off!

"(cheekiness)" W R O N G *sigh*
No. You; and I'm right,....................................................again. :drink:
Seriously, this is the second time you've hosted your own little Word of the Day moment and got the definition wrong.

Sad!
Seriously learn to use a dictionary! Your wrong. Have another Fig Newton.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:12 pm Seriously learn to use a dictionary! Your wrong. Have another Fig Newton.
"You're"

Learn the difference between haughty and "cheeky" there Chump Change. :drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:21 pm
Micky wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:12 pm Seriously learn to use a dictionary! Your wrong. Have another Fig Newton.
"You're"

Learn the difference between haughty and "cheeky" there Chump Change. :drink:
Well for Oops sake :blush: BUT: I could have meant the wrong belongs to you as in it's your wrong. And it is. (can be). That counts.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:28 pm Well for Oops sake :blush: BUT: I could have meant the wrong belongs to you as in it's your wrong. And it is. (can be). That counts.

You feeling okay Gomer?
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Where do you even begin with Tyler Madden? Since our last update on January 29th, Madden registered points in all four games to extend his point streak to nine games. He has six goals and nine assists during this streak which has vaulted him to eighteen goals and eighteen assists in twenty-six games. He has set new NCAA career highs in goals, assists, points, and penalty minutes.

Madden sits fourth in NCAA scoring and this past Monday, he helped Northeastern win their third consecutive BeanPot championship with an OT win over Boston University.
Prospects Update
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Watching the Avs-Bolts right now and i have to say it....if I'm picked one or the other I'm taking Makar over Hughes for the Calder.

Dont get me wrong, Hughes is one helluva player but I think CM has the edge
If you need air...call it in
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

6'3 190lbs LW Aidan McDonough rising into the top 10 Canucks prospects:
After being drafted in the seventh round by the Canucks in 2019, Aidan McDonough has turned quite a few heads playing in the NCAA for North Eastern University. He has developed some impressive chemistry with fellow Canucks’ prospect Tyler Madden and has become a point-a-game player for the team as well. He currently leads the team and all freshman players in power play goals with eight and power play points with 13.
-THW
January 2020 – Aidan McDonough has transitioned quite smoothly to the NCAA. The 20-year-old freshman has found a home on Northeastern’s top line and top power-play unit. His effectiveness on the man-advantage has been massive as he currently co-leads the nation with eight PPGs. The 6’3 winger is third in the nation for first-year players with 18 points in 17 games.

This is shaping up to be a tremendous seventh-round selection by the Canucks.
Cam Robinson
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:26 pm Watching the Avs-Bolts right now and i have to say it....if I'm picked one or the other I'm taking Makar over Hughes for the Calder.

Dont get me wrong, Hughes is one helluva player but I think CM has the edge
Well your Canucks had him number 1 on their draft rankings with petey number 2
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Madden was damaged goods. He broke his finger :mrgreen:
The only HW the Canucks need
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hockey Widow wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:30 am Madden was damaged goods. He broke his finger :mrgreen:
Snapped like a twig
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Jim says he’s defined 7 prospects who will be NHL’ers. Who are they? My guess is

1. Podkolzin
2. Hoglander
3. Lind
4. Juolevi
5. Woo
6. Dipietro
7. Rathbone, Lockwood, Focht or Gadjovich?

Do Rafferty, Bailey, Tryamkin and MacEwan count as prospects? I imagine not
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:16 am Jim says he’s defined 7 prospects who will be NHL’ers. Who are they? My guess is

1. Podkolzin
2. Hoglander
3. Lind
4. Juolevi
5. Woo
6. Dipietro
7. Rathbone, Lockwood, Focht or Gadjovich?

Do Rafferty, Bailey, Tryamkin and MacEwan count as prospects? I imagine not
While I'm a huge fan of Höglander, especially his skill set and cocky attitude, he is still a long way from the NHL.
He was brilliant at the WJC with 11 points in 7 games, but he has yet to master the SHL level.
Last year he had 14 points (7+7) in 50 games. This year he has 13 in 31 so far (7+6).

Elias Pettersson at the same age had 56 points in 44 games, playing at the same level.

Now, not all players are cut out to be Elias Pettersson. I get that.
But a player like Höglander is meant to be a goal scorer. And he has yet to learn to deliver on a consistent level in the SHL.
Pettersson has a slight build, but he is 188 cm, Höglander, while sturdier is just 176 cm.

It's tough for a player that short to dominate in an adult league.
I really hope he can learn to do it, because he has awesome skills and is cocky as hell, with a bit of a mean streak.
Maybe he could become a Swedish Brad Marchand? :look:

But first he has to learn to score against men. :|
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Thanks for a little balance Per. Some posters think all draft picks are a lock to make it
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”