Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:08 pm Elmer was allergic to tough players- had no use for them . This team has had sand kicked in its face since Burkey left other than a brief period when Eye Bags thought it mattered. Then he promptly shipped out Hordichuk and SOB.
I did like what JB was doing when we made the bubble though (2019-20 season). He picked up a bunch of players who had some muscle and a good lvl of grit in a span of a year in guys like: Leivo, Pearse, J. Benn, Fatenburger, Myers, Ferkland, and JT Miller. The year b4, he brought in Beags and Rooster by free agency. He also had a guy like Zack Attack Pack MacEwen coming up through the system. Sure, none of them were exactly heavyweights, but collectively when the roster was filled with guys with some beef from top to bottom, we were one of the bigger teams in the league and very hard to play against.

JB had no hesitations to bury his soft skill in the minors (ie: Bearcheese & Golds), even though one of them had a handsome salary and he had high hopes for the both of them not too long b4 that.

For whatever reason, JB kinda strayed away from that heavier model the year after. I personally liked what he was doing that bubble year. I remember a smaller, younger team came to town (Detroit?) and we just manhandled them. It was like Juice would say, it's nice going into a game knowing that u r the tougher team. It's too bad, we'll never know if JB would of had a better fate if he stuck to that game plan.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:08 pm Elmer was allergic to tough players- had no use for them . This team has had sand kicked in its face since Burkey left other than a brief period when Eye Bags thought it mattered. Then he promptly shipped out Hordichuk and SOB.
And you were allergic to Gudbranson who was a tough player
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:12 pm
And you were allergic to Gudbranson who was a tough player
Gudbranson at 1.5 million - 2 million playing 14 -15 min is fine by me. Gudbranson at 4 million playing 20 min a night is a huge problem.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Small sample size, but I was most impressed with Kirill Kudryavtsev in Penticton. Interesting comments here from an Elite Prospects guy:
Kirill Kudryavtsev (VAN) was among the best activators in the 2022 draft class. Always looking to fill space, whether he's jumping down the middle, using a give-and-go to beat a defender, or creeping down the weakside. Manages risk by using space & increasing teammates' options.

Pace was the big question with Kudryavtsev last season. More proactivity away from the puck and more willingness to create on breakouts should make him one of the OHL's top blue-liners this season.
https://twitter.com/MitchLBrown/status/ ... 0848260097
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Let’s kick things off with Elias Pettersson, or as Quads calls him, RePetey. Pettersson played in two games last week — one in the SHL, and one in the J20 league.

Pettersson’s SHL appearance wasn’t great as he only had five shifts for a total ice time count of 3:10. He was quiet in the top Swedish league but shined when he went down to junior.

D-Petey had 19:51 of ice time in his J20 debut and had three primary assists in a 5-4 win.
From Canucks Army.

Can’t wait to hear the Petterson to Petterson by the play by play guy.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

2Fingers wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:42 pm
Let’s kick things off with Elias Pettersson, or as Quads calls him, RePetey. Pettersson played in two games last week — one in the SHL, and one in the J20 league.

Pettersson’s SHL appearance wasn’t great as he only had five shifts for a total ice time count of 3:10. He was quiet in the top Swedish league but shined when he went down to junior.

D-Petey had 19:51 of ice time in his J20 debut and had three primary assists in a 5-4 win.
From Canucks Army.

Can’t wait to hear the Petterson to Petterson by the play by play guy.
Petey and D-Pete? Or the Alien and the Clone?
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

#40 Petey and Petter
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Daimon Gardner, the 4th rounder from this year's draft, tore his MCL last week. This guy was born to be a Canuck!
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Vancouver is the nhl gulag, if you survive here, you can survive anywhere.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Cherry Picker wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:19 pm
Curmudgeon wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:08 pm
Cherry Picker wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:15 pm
Curmudgeon wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:55 am You took that seriously?
Yes :look: :oops:
That's ok, happens all the time. Well, not for me, but I'd imagine it does for other people. lol.
I can’t tell anymore. Half the people here seem to want to get rid of young players like Hoglander and Klimovich, but are happy to sign soon to be geezers like JT Miller to cap destroying contracts - yeesh.
......and keep everyone under 5'8" because they are cute and cuddly.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Its not that I want to get rid of Hoglander. I like the player and think he has a huge upside. But when I advocate a move it is more so in trying to be realistic that to get that elusive top 4 RHD what do we have to part with. I see him as part of a package that could help us in a trade like that.

Too many people advocate trades and want that elusive D but think our garbage will get it done.
The only HW the Canucks need
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Hockey Widow wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:06 pm Its not that I want to get rid of Hoglander. I like the player and think he has a huge upside. But when I advocate a move it is more so in trying to be realistic that to get that elusive top 4 RHD what do we have to part with. I see him as part of a package that could help us in a trade like that.

Too many people advocate trades and want that elusive D but think our garbage will get it done.
Better off using Boeser as the trade chip as Hog would bring back another Dermott level dman. We need an impact asset added to that D core not another bottom pairing dude
If you need air...call it in
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hockey Widow wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:06 pm Its not that I want to get rid of Hoglander. I like the player and think he has a huge upside. But when I advocate a move it is more so in trying to be realistic that to get that elusive top 4 RHD what do we have to part with. I see him as part of a package that could help us in a trade like that.

Exactly, gotta be bold and strike when opportunities arise.

Lightning moved Namestnikov, Howden, Hajek, 1st, 2nd for
McDonagh and JT Miller.

Moved Drouin for Sergachev.

Moved Bishop, 5th rounder for Budaj, Cernak, 7th, conditional pick.

gotta give up quality assets for those top 4 dmen.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The suggestion of trading Hoglander is one of the most asinine considerations ole Chef has endured in his hockey posting life time. Id rather trade the winger disguised as a centre - Bo Horvat
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:19 pm The suggestion of trading Hoglander is one of the most asinine considerations ole Chef has endured in his hockey posting life time. Id rather trade the winger disguised as a centre - Bo Horvat
Trade him because you hate Canadian players, or because he is the heart and soul of the team?
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.