Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:17 am He bounces between 6’-4” 183 lbs and 184 lbs on six sites. That’s enough confirmation to label him Stringbeans.

Sutter Birdbones is 6’-3” 190 lbs
One guy is 20 and one guy is 30. Hockeydb still has Cam Neely at 6 ft 1 185. Do you believe that is accurate?

Do you think Morrison was 5 ft 11? Why do you hate young Canadian hockey players? Particularly the kids that come up through the WJ program?

Zuckerman?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

/Cam Robinson/@Hockey_Robinson
After HV71 tied it up with 100 seconds left, Nils Hoglander steals the puck behind the net, gains control and sets up the go-ahead tally

>>> https://twitter.com/Hockey_Robinson/sta ... 0865946625

Nils Hoglander finishes the game with two assists and 1 shot in 15:05 of ice.
He now has 4 points in 2 SHL games on the season
11:12 AM · Sep 26, 2020
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:24 am
Zuckerman
:lol:

Dude is one fankenstein looking mudder fucker. Did he survive some sort of horrific injury?
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Juolevi is 19 months older than Stringbeans. Juolevi is 6’-3” 200 lbs. Stringbeans is 6’-4” 180 lbs.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:53 pm Juolevi is 19 months older than Stringbeans. Juolevi is 6’-3” 200 lbs. Stringbeans is 6’-4” 180 lbs.
Juolevi is going to take a job next camp. After being hard on the beaver about him until this return to play, I'm all in on the juice. He looked like a confident and capable NHL dman...hes ready
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:00 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:53 pm Juolevi is 19 months older than Stringbeans. Juolevi is 6’-3” 200 lbs. Stringbeans is 6’-4” 180 lbs.
Juolevi is going to take a job next camp. After being hard on the beaver about him until this return to play, I'm all in on the juice. He looked like a confident and capable NHL dman...hes ready
Juolevi, Rathbone & Rafferty should all get more NHL action this season.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

dangler wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:06 pm
Its hard to say how good or bad wrathbone or Rafferty will be without having a look but i can say that OJ has taken a GIANT leap forward in his development.

Meg....can you tell us what your thoughts are on these 3 prospects? I know you've watched them a fair bit. Also, did you see OJ play as well last year as he did in the play in? His gains seem to have come out of nowhere...
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

All this time we've been calling OJ the Finnish pipecleaner....this was what we reeeeeally meantImage
Blasting away from the point?

No?

:hmmm:

K that giant rippin bowl i just slayed has me seeing things for the first time and shit...

:mex:
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Curmudgeon wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:05 am
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:19 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:09 pm You be committing hari Kari if you trade the Bod for Stringbeans
Dobson physically resembles none other than the immortal Maple Leaf defenceman Fred 'Broomstick' Boimistruck :D

I was working and hanging out with a hardcore Leaves fan back in the early 80's and he was convinced they were only a few years away from winning a Cup with a defense led by Benning, Gary Nylund, Boimistruck, Craig Muni, and Bob McGill once they received tutoring from Salming.

He hated the Canucks but it was hilarious watching him twist like a pretzel coming around on Rick Lanz after the deal for Benning and Dan Hodgson. I actually had really high hopes for Hodgson and thought both players were a massive steal for the Canucks, like payback for giving them Vaive and Derlago. lol
LOL I was pretty high on Benning at the time, wasn't sold on Hodgson. The eighties were painfully lean years for the Canucks and the leaves both, fortunately for us Arthur Griffiths and Pat Quinn sort of rode to the rescue toward the end of that decade. I think I was team tank for the full ten years there, the leaves were a lost cause, That leaves D core you mentioned was young, but it sure wasn't very good!

I used to like to get on the trade proposal threads over at HF and ask leaves fans to throw in a Boimistruck, a Brit Selby or a Jack Valiquette as a sweetener. Some thought it was funny. Some not ;)
el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:30 pm
Its hard to say how good or bad wrathbone or Rafferty will be without having a look but i can say that OJ has taken a GIANT leap forward in his development.

Meg....can you tell us what your thoughts are on these 3 prospects? I know you've watched them a fair bit. Also, did you see OJ play as well last year as he did in the play in? His gains seem to have come out of nowhere...
Olli surprised the hell out of me with he recent play when he was pressed into action with the Canucks. He had a pretty good season down in Utica but I wasn't prepared for the huge gain in mobility. It was like he gained two full steps. Injury free I suppose, finally. He can play right now imo.

Rathbone I have not seen play but I suspect he will require AHL experience. Probably at least a year.

Rafferty I thought had no hope of ever playing in the NHL when he was putting up huge numbers and everyone was freaking over him online. He was just brutal defensively. But then in the final weeks of the season his offense dried up and he began to concentrate on playing a pretty good brand of defense, almost as if management had a serious discussion with him. So now, sure, I can see him playing for the Canucks pretty soon. With the skill he does have, why not.
el rey del mambo
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I agree. He knocked it out of the park in that 6 minutes against the Wild.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Olli - 6’-3” 200 lbs

Noah Stringbean - 6’-4” 180 lbs

Sutter - 6’-3” 190 lbs

That being said I’d rather have Stringbeans over Molasses Skates Evan Bouchard
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:53 am

Ya i know buuut...when have we seen the kid play where he wasnt injured or coming back from a major injury? Maybe the WJC around his draft year?

He was actually winning battles and beating the forecheck with his wheels. This was what we were supposed to be getting when he was taken so high.

I think we may have a piece there
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:02 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:53 am

Ya i know buuut...when have we seen the kid play where he wasnt injured or coming back from a major injury? Maybe the WJC around his draft year?

He was actually winning battles and beating the forecheck with his wheels. This was what we were supposed to be getting when he was taken so high.

I think we may have a piece there
If you had to choose between - Stringbeans and Molasses Skates who’d you go with
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Who the hell is “Stringbeans” and “Molasses Skates“ ?