Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:12 pm Felt bad for Petterson and the Swedes, would have liked to seen them win. Man, totally know how they felt, brought back feelings of 2011.
Per, you forgot to log out of your sock account.
Lancer
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Lancer »

micky107 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:20 am I thought the Swedes acted a bit like babies after the game.
Just their captain. I get it he’s pissed, but throwing your medal into the stands was not the most mature thing he could have done. Felt for them, though. It’s a kick to the pills to play that well and have the winning goal against scored with less than two minutes to play.

Their only loss of the tournament. Something to be said about losing a game in the round robin - it’s not as much of a shock if you lose in the medal round but will motivate you to not lose again.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Lancer wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:15 am
micky107 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:20 am I thought the Swedes acted a bit like babies after the game.
Just their captain. I get it he’s pissed, but throwing your medal into the stands was not the most mature thing he could have done. Felt for them, though. It’s a kick to the pills to play that well and have the winning goal against scored with less than two minutes to play.

Their only loss of the tournament. Something to be said about losing a game in the round robin - it’s not as much of a shock if you lose in the medal round but will motivate you to not lose again.
I also think they were frustrated with the refs. 22 PIM for Sweden, 2 for Canada.
They were short handed six times, but did not let in a single goal against. Scored a shorty though.
And they never really got a chance to get their own powerplay going. Show us some of that Pettersson/Nylander/Andersson magic.

Not saying that Canada did not deserve to win. They had a great team and a fantastic goalie.
But the referees were a bit one eyed.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

Lockwood injury described as a major shoulder injury. Could be done for season. Tricky now to see if Benning tries to sign him this year or risk him going back for his 4th year next year and risk him going UFA.
The only HW the Canucks need
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Hockey Widow wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:54 pm Lockwood injury described as a major shoulder injury. Could be done for season. Tricky now to see if Benning tries to sign him this year or risk him going back for his 4th year next year and risk him going UFA.
Not good. It looked like such a nothing play.

I would try and sign him, and it would be an easy decision for the player who may not have long left in the sport. Those ELC's usually hit $60-$70K in the Minors, with $90K each summer as a signing bonus. A chance to make a couple hundred grand in signing bonuses alone, and get a guaranteed paycheque to play pro hockey.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

He is halfway through his second year in college
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:25 pm He is halfway through his second year in college
In that case, back to college to see if his arms can stay on his body for a full season.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

There is one period left in a game on TSN 2. A team tourney that has Elias Petersson's team in it.
Would have posted it sooner but I just saw it.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

micky107 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:11 am There is one period left in a game on TSN 2. A team tourney that has Elias Petersson's team in it.
Would have posted it sooner but I just saw it.
Na! I think it's their juniors. But it makes me wonder if Benning or someone he has sent is keeping their eyes on this tourney?
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

So Lockwood's rehab will be 6-9 MONTHS! Safe to say he won't be signed by the Canucks this year. Glad he is only in his second year, I had thought 3rd. Apparently Canucks want him to tone his game down and not be so rechless with his hitting.
The only HW the Canucks need
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hockey Widow wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:43 pm So Lockwood's rehab will be 6-9 MONTHS! Safe to say he won't be signed by the Canucks this year. Glad he is only in his second year, I had thought 3rd. Apparently Canucks want him to tone his game down and not be so rechless with his hitting.
Jesus that will end up being almost a year of development gone. I would still offer him a contract at some point.He is a tiny little guy so his body may not stand up to that style of play. Hell, Sutter busts up his bird bones all the time and he doesn’t even hit anybody or go near traffic.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Canucks elite prospect - Gaudette picked up two assists last night, on an absolute tear right now when the season is getting tough. Leading the NCAA in scoring with 17 goals 18 assists in just 22 games. We all know now he should have been drafted in the first round of the 2015 draft, as high as Boeser should have been drafted? That's debatable but there is no doubt that both Boeser and Gaudette should have gone top 10. If that isn't genius I don't know if is, exactly what Bemning was brought here to do, slay the draft

3rd round draft pick - Tryamkin voted KHL defenceman of the month twice. Beast mode

Pettersen

Demko

Generational
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Gaudette should have went top 10 ?

Get off the bath salts
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:19 am Gaudette should have went top 10 ?

Get off the bath salts
Are you still taking Dylan Ankle Skater Strome ahead of him? Lawson Crouse, Senyshyn, Gurianov, Zorbil, Meier, Zacha, Debrusk, Ek, Juulsen, Carlson, Merrkly, Larsson ahead of him?Maybe top 10 is debatable but I'd take him ahead of all the above. That's 13 players, so that slots him mid teens. Boeser top 5, Gaudette top 15? Gillis you watching?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Two goals by Pettersson as Växjö beat Liberec to reach the Champions Hockey League final.

Nice shots, eh? 8-)

Pettersson did not make the cut for the Swedish Olympic team though. :(

Guess they figured he didn't accomplish much against the more physical North American teams at the WJC.
Too bad. Would have been a good experience, and I love watching him on the powerplay.
Last edited by Per on Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.