Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:16 pm Nice to hear that Golds + Baertcheese are playing well, and Boucher is off again to a rocket start (8G in 5GP). I wonder who is playing centre with them? It bodes well for us if they can continue to light it up, gives us options for callups (injuries and/or playoff push) and I'm sure other teams will take notice, so we might be able to recoup some picks/prospects @ TDD. Not to mention possibly getting Baer's contract off the books for next season would be big for us.
Baer might get a sniff (depends on injuries), more likely used as a throw on a trade, but Goldie is just like Boucher - an AHL star, just lacking that extra thing that translates to NHL.

I hope Goldie and Boucher keep Utica winning for years. Best use for both of them.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

ESQ wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:38 pm
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:16 pm Nice to hear that Golds + Baertcheese are playing well, and Boucher is off again to a rocket start (8G in 5GP). I wonder who is playing centre with them? It bodes well for us if they can continue to light it up, gives us options for callups (injuries and/or playoff push) and I'm sure other teams will take notice, so we might be able to recoup some picks/prospects @ TDD. Not to mention possibly getting Baer's contract off the books for next season would be big for us.
I'm more happy with the production from Lind, McEwen, Rafferty and OJ. It's tough to judge from just the stats when the team is playing so ridonkulously though.
Bingo. There's no use pining for guys like Boucher or Goldy. You have to have a few AHL superstars on your minor league team to help your real prospects develop. It's no different than having vets up here so you don't throw your kids into the fire (ahem, Oilers & Sabres).

I'm looking at Juolevi as a sure NHLer and maybe Lind too if he can keep this progress. Outside shot to Rafferty.

Baertschi will likely get one of the first call ups, but it's in the best interest of the team and Sven to find him a new team.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
JelloPuddingPop
MVP
MVP

Post by JelloPuddingPop »

I understand that +/- is a fairly useless stat, and given quality of opponents that Juolevi faces vs. Teves and special teams etc. (Guessing here - never watched a Utica game). But it is striking to me that Juolevi is a -1 on a team that has gone 5-0, outscoring opponents 29-11 while Teves is a +12... that gap is pretty hard to miss. OJ still trying to find his legs this year?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

JelloPuddingPop wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:44 pm I understand that +/- is a fairly useless stat, and given quality of opponents that Juolevi faces vs. Teves and special teams etc. (Guessing here - never watched a Utica game). But it is striking to me that Juolevi is a -1 on a team that has gone 5-0, outscoring opponents 29-11 while Teves is a +12... that gap is pretty hard to miss. OJ still trying to find his legs this year?
Do powerplay goals count towards the +/-?
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:59 pm
JelloPuddingPop wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:44 pm I understand that +/- is a fairly useless stat, and given quality of opponents that Juolevi faces vs. Teves and special teams etc. (Guessing here - never watched a Utica game). But it is striking to me that Juolevi is a -1 on a team that has gone 5-0, outscoring opponents 29-11 while Teves is a +12... that gap is pretty hard to miss. OJ still trying to find his legs this year?
Of course. That's how they can get to look so poor sometimes. Or exaggeratedly good.
"evolution"
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

micky107 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:27 pm
Of course. That's how they can get to look so poor sometimes. Or exaggeratedly good.
Um, that's incorrect.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26374

Plus-Minus
A player is awarded a "plus" each time he is on the ice when his Club scores an even-strength or shorthanded goal. He receives a "minus" if he is on the ice for an even-strength or shorthanded goal scored by the opposing Club. The difference in these numbers is considered the player's "plus-minus" statistic.
JelloPuddingPop
MVP
MVP

Post by JelloPuddingPop »

What the 5thhorseman said - so it could be they are just lighting it up on the PP with him at the point, then he got scored again once 5v5. Would make him a -1. I don't know if that's the case. Where's a Micky link when you need one...
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

5thhorseman wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:48 pm
micky107 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:27 pm
Um, that's incorrect.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26374

Plus-Minus
A player is awarded a "plus" each time he is on the ice when his Club scores an even-strength or shorthanded goal. He receives a "minus" if he is on the ice for an even-strength or shorthanded goal scored by the opposing Club. The difference in these numbers is considered the player's "plus-minus" statistic.
The change I've always wanted to see is a minus for the player in the box when a PP goal is scored against.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Dylan Cozens - 11 games - 8 goals 6 assists 14 points
Carson Focht - 8 games - 7 goals 6 assists 13 points

Benning

Genius
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

ESQ wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:38 pm It's tough to judge from just the stats when the team is playing so ridonkulously though.
Yeah, Baercheese's + Gold's stats are inflated with a couple of hot games and it'll be almost impossible to keep this pace. The stats will even out around 20 GPs, but hopefully they can continue to play well, so there's a chance they might become assets again.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Peter Forsberg's 7-yo son Lennox Forsberg is now practicing with Zug in Switzerland. He has an annoying habit of laying out his team mates with big hits, even though they're not supposed to hit eachother at this age.

Do we have a scout assigned to him? :mex:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Per wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:53 am Peter Forsberg's 7-yo son Lennox Forsberg is now practicing with Zug in Switzerland. He has an annoying habit of laying out his team mates with big hits, even though they're not supposed to hit eachother at this age.

Let me know when he learns how to dive and flop like his old man.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Tciso wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:31 am
Per wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:53 am Peter Forsberg's 7-yo son Lennox Forsberg is now practicing with Zug in Switzerland. He has an annoying habit of laying out his team mates with big hits, even though they're not supposed to hit eachother at this age.

:lol:
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Maybe Quebec City does. Should be just about right.
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Tciso wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:31 am

Foppa can't hear with two Stanley Cup rings in his ears.

lol oldie but goodie.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.