Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by damonberryman »

Aaronp18 wrote:
damonberryman wrote:Enough said.
I'm in a nasty mood so your familiarity with Simmons is telling.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

damonberryman wrote: I'm in a nasty mood so your familiarity with Simmons is telling.
Who?
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

Aaronp18 wrote:
damonberryman wrote: I'm in a nasty mood so your familiarity with Simmons is telling.
Who?
:lol:
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Anton Cerderholm has been transferred by way of loan to Rogle of the Swedish Hockey League (SHL). Not to be confused with the SEL.
The only HW the Canucks need
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Similar situation to that of Rodin's a few years back.

Question: Does AC still count towards the 50 man roster?
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

BladesofSteel wrote:Similar situation to that of Rodin's a few years back.

Question: Does AC still count towards the 50 man roster?

You mean 50 contracts? I believe the answer is yes.

This is another example of Benning looking for the best way forward for individual players with respect to their development. For whatever reasons Cederholm wanted to go back to continue to develop and the Canucks agreed.

11.19 Loan to Clubs Outside North America. The SPC of any Player may contain a clause that provides that, in the event his NHL Club Loans the Player to a club outside the NHL, during the period of such Loan, the Player shall have the option to be Loaned to a club of his choice outside North America. The clause may relieve the NHL Club of the obligation to pay the Player his Paragraph 1 Salary for the duration of such Loan if such relief is expressly stated in the provision, but the NHL Club shall otherwise be responsible for all other payments due to the Player by the NHL Club pursuant to his SPC. Such clause shall be subject to any applicable Player Transfer Agreement between the NHL and a hockey federation and/or the IIHF in effect, at the time of the Loan. The Player shall be permitted to make financial arrangements for compensation and other benefits with the club outside North America for the duration of the Loan, which financial compensation and benefits shall not be included in Averaged Club Salary, Actual Club Salary, League-wide Player Compensation or the Players' Share. The Club shall be required to provide to the NHL and the NHLPA in accordance with Exhibit 3 any loan agreement entered into in relation to such Loan by no later than 5:00 p.m. New York time on the day following the day the Club has received the executed loan agreement.

I read this to say if there is a loan clause in the contract to play outside North America the player can select any team outside North America as long as there is an agreement between the NHL and said league. The NHL team can suspend pay but is still obligated to the other terms and conditions of the SPC. The player can freely enter into a compensation agreement with the other team and that does not become part of the NHL's team salary or cap.

To me this means the SPC is still valid as a NHL contract but parts of it are suspended, so to speak. Same clause I assume Trymakin has.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

What I don't understand is why Rodin was a RFA prior to signing a one year to with Vancouver. When he signed his ELC, he only committed to two of three years. Then he went back to Sweden for a few seasons. Should he not fulfill his ELC?
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

BladesofSteel wrote:What I don't understand is why Rodin was a RFA prior to signing a one year to with Vancouver. When he signed his ELC, he only committed to two of three years. Then he went back to Sweden for a few seasons. Should he not fulfill his ELC?

Could it be that if the club loans a player, even if they don't have to pay their salary, that player still works off the contract? So with Cederholm being back in Sweden he is still working off one year of his ELC. Same perhaps with Rodin?

If the Canucks wanted to send Trymakin to Utica and he invokes this same clause he would still be working off his ELC contract year?
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Coach Green gives some insight on some of the young guys, on what they are good at and what they need to develop to become a possible NHL pro.

http://dailyhive.com/vancouver/canucks-prospects-2016

Andrey Pedan, already has the he-man size and swift speed, just needs to work on NHL smarts (keep it simple)

Jordan Subban, keep on learning to play in a big mans game.

Cole Cassels, bounce back year, stay healthy.

Brendan Gaunce, the all round depth guy, play every position up front, LW/C/RW, wants him to play with more bite to his game. To me he's ready for at least a split NHL/AHL season, he's the most prepared/developed guy who can slot in and take over Virtanen's job, so Green can coach Virtanen maybe, but it's only July. :D

Demko, obviously never seen him play yet, he's hoping he can play alot of games, wants him and bachman to push each other. I'm pretty ecstatic Rollie can coach him goalie wise.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Lancer »

There are going to be some interesting decisions on the blueline coming out of camp with the number of tweeners for whom it won't be easy for Jim to shunt to Utica. Would Benning keep 8 defensemen?

If Pedan needs to make smarter plays, what separates him from Sbisa? If both are similarly challenged, it's a wonder Benning hasn't shipped Sbisa somewhere. We'll see how the two compare come camp.

Subban better get comfy in Utica. Hopefully he learns how to play in a big-man's league at some point soon. Somehow doubt it.

Gaunce will be the spare utility forward in Vancouver. Hopefully he develops a meaner streak.

I'll be interested to see how Cassels fares this Fall. I can see him being a late bloomer who may well push the likes of Granlund and Gaunce out of the picture come this time next year.

Too bad we don't have a forward who gives us cause to wonder if he'll snag a top-6 spot this year or next.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Lancer wrote:There are going to be some interesting decisions on the blueline coming out of camp with the number of tweeners for whom it won't be easy for Jim to shunt to Utica. Would Benning keep 8 defensemen?

If Pedan needs to make smarter plays, what separates him from Sbisa? If both are similarly challenged, it's a wonder Benning hasn't shipped Sbisa somewhere. We'll see how the two compare come camp.

Subban better get comfy in Utica. Hopefully he learns how to play in a big-man's league at some point soon. Somehow doubt it.

Gaunce will be the spare utility forward in Vancouver. Hopefully he develops a meaner streak.

I'll be interested to see how Cassels fares this Fall. I can see him being a late bloomer who may well push the likes of Granlund and Gaunce out of the picture come this time next year.

Too bad we don't have a forward who gives us cause to wonder if he'll snag a top-6 spot this year or next.
Don't give up on Virtanen yet. He might surprise in fall..
"evolution"
griz
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by griz »

Unless Evander corrupts him... :?
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

griz wrote:
Unless Evander corrupts him... :?
Not happening in this lifetime!
I mean mine,
If we get him,
I think I'll choke and puke myself to death :devil:
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

micky107 wrote:
Lancer wrote:Would Benning keep 8 defensemen?

With all the injuries last year on defense, I think JB wants a lot of depth, but yeah the trick is who can be comfy in a healthy scratch role for parts of the season, and the lack of non-waivers type dmen.

Cassels will have to shine at camp if he wants to steal a spot, but I bet he plays the majority of next season in Utica, having a good strong season to build on for the future.

It's predicted Brock Boeser will be that young top-6 guy in 2017/18, fitting as Burrows contract expires and we'll probably lose a forward via expansion draft, or if Sbisa stays, he could very well be plucked by mcphee in vegas, a rugged 27 year old depth dman, who can spot fill a top 4 role occasionally.

As for next season I'm interested to see how Rodin does, wonder if he and Eriksson could develop some chemistry.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Lancer wrote: Too bad we don't have a forward who gives us cause to wonder if he'll snag a top-6 spot this year or next.

Ummm.... Rodin, Virtanen, Baertschi, and Horvat???

Awe we not all wondering and hoping one or two of those guys have developed???
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.