Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:35 pm
Vin Tanner wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:23 pm And yet both Doc and Dude who professed to only want Pettersson at the 2017 draft both then said they didn’t want anything to do with drafting him in their very last posts in the 2017 draft thread.

:mex:
They dont seem to care like you do though...
I don’t do well with liars. :mex:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

OH SNAP! PODKOLZIN! GWG!

44 second mark.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Back to Gadjovich. Can anyone who has seen the kid this year comment on his foot speed. That was always going to be the issue with him. Has he improved it substantially? It might be nice to bring up a kid or three down the stretch and take a look at them.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:25 pm Back to Gadjovich. Can anyone who has seen the kid this year comment on his foot speed. That was always going to be the issue with him. Has he improved it substantially? It might be nice to bring up a kid or three down the stretch and take a look at them.
Are mathematically eliminated yet ?

Seems like we are 8 points out with I don’t even know how many games to go? But if I had to choose between playing the kids for the future or knock Montreal out of the playoffs. The evil in me wants to knock out Montreal
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Eliminating Montreal from the post season on the last day of regular season is too much to hope for, but if it happened it would go a long way in making up for this gong show.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:25 pm Back to Gadjovich. Can anyone who has seen the kid this year comment on his foot speed. That was always going to be the issue with him. Has he improved it substantially? It might be nice to bring up a kid or three down the stretch and take a look at them.
He’s supposed to be improved, but we won’t know if it’s enough until he gets called up. He’s a big, tough power forward with great hands but limited mobility. If his feet ever become as good as his hands he’ll be a star, but right now he is still in the boom or bust category. A call up at the end of this season would be great just to get an idea if he has a future. He is certainly playing well at the slower AHL level.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I leave him right there til next year. Hes finally finding his game and putting it all together, no need to disrupt that.

From a month ago
If you need air...call it in
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

"Vasily Podkolzin finishes the day with 2 goals, 4 shots, 2 hits and a block in 24:42 of ice.

His 11 points in 15 games ties him with Vitali Kravtsov for the most ever by a U20 skater in KHL playoff history."
I never seen him play, but canucks fans on twitter say his skating is improved way more vs last season, he's never going to be the speedster out there, but he ain't slow as molasses either.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

ukcanuck wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:29 pm
Seems like we are 8 points out with I don’t even know how many games to go? But if I had to choose between playing the kids for the future or knock Montreal out of the playoffs. The evil in me wants to knock out Montreal
I see no evil / I hear no evil. Fuck Yah!
"evolution"
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

SKYO wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:36 pm "Vasily Podkolzin finishes the day with 2 goals, 4 shots, 2 hits and a block in 24:42 of ice.

His 11 points in 15 games ties him with Vitali Kravtsov for the most ever by a U20 skater in KHL playoff history."
I never seen him play, but canucks fans on twitter say his skating is improved way more vs last season, he's never going to be the speedster out there, but he ain't slow as molasses either.
Foot speed is leg strength sooo leg day 3 days a week
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Jamie Benn was a shitty skater when he was young too....ranked in the worst 5 skaters of his draft year. There are some parallels the JG
“He was a player with outstanding stick skills and an NHL shot back when he was 17. He had real good vision,” said Holland. “What I noticed about him was his improvement potential. He was just a raw, raw kid. When talking to the coaches and talking to people, he was an outstanding baseball player and really never physically trained for hockey. You could tell his strength and conditioning wasn’t there.”

Take five scouts, have them look at a player and you might get five different assessments. But one weakness noted by a lot of the scouting reports on Benn at the time was his skating. The Red Line Report, an independent scouting service, was particularly harsh, ranking Benn among the five slowest players in the draft.

“We’re not sure if he’s really that slow, or he just refuses to move,” Red Line Report said in its 2007 Draft Guide.

Holland saw the skating issue differently.

“His skating was just OK at the time,” said Holland. “Looking back, it was due to lack of leg strength. He was tough to get out of the blocks, his speed was just OK at the Tier II level. But once he had the puck you didn’t get it back from him, he made the right play every time.”
https://www.nhl.com/stars/news/scouting ... r/c-635104
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:33 pm I leave him right there til next year. Hes finally finding his game and putting it all together, no need to disrupt that.

From a month ago
And he started right where he left off last night.. https://streamable.com/f87gsx ..We really need forwards next year! Might be his time to shine.
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

His skating can’t be any worse than Gabe Vilardi
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ukcanuck wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:39 pm
SKYO wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:36 pm "Vasily Podkolzin finishes the day with 2 goals, 4 shots, 2 hits and a block in 24:42 of ice.

I've got hairy legs!

errrr... "legs like a Russian pole-vaulter"
____
Try to focus on someday.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:19 pm
ukcanuck wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:39 pm

I've got hairy legs!

errrr... "legs like a Russian pole-vaulter"
For you I prescribe 5 leg days a week, this will build leg muscle so hard, hair will not grow.

Read in Austrian accent...