Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Button just said on 1040 that we got the best player out of petterson’s draft year. Looks like we did get a number one overall. I honestly think Quinn will be the second best in his draft year as well. Button also goes on to say good things about joulevi and basically says joulevi is better than tkachuk because it’s impossible to trade for top 4 dmen.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:28 pm Button just said on 1040 that we got the best player out of petterson’s draft year. Looks like we did get a number one overall. I honestly think Quinn will be the second best in his draft year as well. Button also goes on to say good things about joulevi and basically says joulevi is better than tkachuk because it’s impossible to trade for top 4 dmen.
Hallelujah!!!!
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:28 pm Button says joulevi is better than tkachuk
:mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

rats19 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:41 pm
Richardstroker69 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:28 pm Button just said on 1040 that we got the best player out of petterson’s draft year. Looks like we did get a number one overall. I honestly think Quinn will be the second best in his draft year as well. Button also goes on to say good things about joulevi and basically says joulevi is better than tkachuk because it’s impossible to trade for top 4 dmen.
Hallelujah!!!!
What else was he supposed today?
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Reefer2 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:11 pm
Hallelujah!!!!
Well if his opinion differed, that.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Aaronp18 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:23 pm
Hallelujah!!!!
If Julio turns into top 2 then it is a no brainer, 3-4 then it is a toss up, 5-6 then Mr. T wins. Julio has a lot to improve on or show more before we say he is top 4.

I hope he makes it.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Reefer2 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:27 pm
Aaronp18 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:23 pm
Hallelujah!!!!
If Julio turns into top 2 then it is a no brainer, 3-4 then it is a toss up, 5-6 then Mr. T wins. Julio has a lot to improve on or show more before we say he is top 4.

I hope he makes it.
You can't win every draft, nor see into the future. What I think Button is saying is that Joulevi was worth the risk, especially based on the lacking in defensive depth. It's proving very tough to acquire a top 4 d-man so it was prudent to draft a player with that potential in that spot and at that time.

Olli is showing good progress, he's only 20. We need him in the NHL in a year or two! Loads of time.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Agree AP18.
...I've said this a hundred times, if you don't draft a defenceman, they're really hard to acquire.
Then you have Elias Pettersson and I'm going to say this right now... and I don't usually do this this quick but, in that draft? He's the best player in that draft. There will be no other player that comes from that draft that will be better than Elias Pettersson.
So, they ended up getting the best player in that draft. So are we going to crucify every team that didn't draft the best player?
Olli Juolevi. He's going to be a top 4 defenceman. I think he'll be a regular in the NHL.
Over at SN, they're talking about what defencemen are worth (of course it was about what the Leaves should be doing). To get a top 4, the starting package would be a top 6 forward. That's just the start.

To get a true #1 defenceman, it would cost you a #1 center (ie. Johansen for Jones)... or at least a package of a top 1st rounder plus additional pieces.

So, to paraphrase Button...

It's SO easy to be a hindsight hero when you're not the one trying to build a team for the short and long term.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:28 pm Button also goes on to say good things about joulevi and basically says joulevi is better than tkachuk
Is that what you think he said?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Juolevi was evaluated in Van, and has returned to Utica, is skating and nearing a return. Dats good. He was very impressive before the last set back.

It wouldn't surprise me if we see him after Christmas, with the big team.
With him and Quinn Hughes next year, it'll look very different.
Because of the not as good as most locals think return that either Tanev or Edler would bring at the TD, I would keep them both.
Hutton is looking good again. The big problem to me is Gudbranson not seeming to even try much to do and act like we need him to. :?:

In any case, Utica felt they should cover their bases, SO THEY DID THIS: A must read, trust me.
https://www.bardown.com/the-utica-comet ... -1.1224322
Colton Saucerman

Adam's good buddy............................. :)
Last edited by Mickey107 on Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"evolution"
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Trade Brock for the Juju man.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

4 Canuck defense prospects ranked in the top 26 for the month of December. #tradeBoeser #shanahanforpronger #tradeBrockforSeth #CanucksDisatirefire

https://twitter.com/NHLRankKing/status/ ... 84/photo/1

That doesn't include Tyramkin

mic drop
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

So you wouldnt trade BB for Seth Jones? :lol:
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:40 am So you wouldnt trade BB for Seth Jones? :lol:
Is this SKYO?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

RoyalDude wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:50 am
Uncle dans leg wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:40 am So you wouldnt trade BB for Seth Jones? :lol:
Is this SKYO?
You don't want to see the big blonde playoff beard in a Canuck jersey on this guy?

Now someone will pop up and say; "It'll be grey by the time this team gets in the playoffs" blah blah.

It has to happen. And it will. SOON!
"evolution"