Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Strangelove »

Per, have it legally changed to "Ulf"... the only decent Swedish name.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

It could be worse...theres like 300 million people all named mohammed. Thats doesnt get confusing at all
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:11 pm It could be worse...theres like 300 million people all named mohammed. Thats doesnt get confusing at all
Yeah if Per wants to fit in he should maybe think about changing his name to dat dere...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Strangelove wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:15 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:11 pm It could be worse...theres like 300 million people all named mohammed. Thats doesnt get confusing at all
Yeah if Per wants to fit in he should maybe think about changing his name to dat dere...
Thatll be next up on the leftist agenda
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:15 pm
Nah, I’m not religious.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Nils is a weak handle nonetheless

Hopefully he’s a Swede with some Landeskog, Ohlund or Douglas Murray in him
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Nothings gayer than Hampus for a swedish 1st name. Only the most disappointed parent would consider that one
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:27 pm Nils is a weak handle nonetheless

Hopefully he’s a Swede with some Landeskog, Ohlund or Douglas Murray in him
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

What is that second half music? Celtic Metal? I love that.

Ulf is good. So is Lars. They depict savagery .

Wonder if Nils has a nickname yet. I reckon it may emanate from his last name.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Not really that close but it sounds cool. Don't think it's Swedish.

"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

-Jacked from The Score...

7 mill by 4 years

Brock Boeser's agent, Ben Hankinson, is seeking a four-year contract with an average annual value of $7 million for his client, reports The Province's Ben Kuzma.

The Vancouver Canucks forward is one of several high-profile restricted free agents who remain unsigned as NHL training camps draw near.

Aside from Sebastian Aho, who inked a five-year, $42.27-million deal with Carolina after the Hurricanes matched an offer sheet from the Montreal Canadiens, San Jose Sharks forward Timo Meier is arguably the most significant RFA to come off the market so far. Meier signed a four-year, $24-million contract July 1 and, along with unsigned Winnipeg Jets restricted free agent Kyle Connor, has been used as a comparable in negotiations between Boeser's camp and the Canucks.

"Those are some of the names we've used," general manager Jim Benning said of Meier and Connor. "They (Boeser's camp) have been reasonable and we're continuing to talk to get to some common ground. I'm hopeful to get something done before camp, but we're not there yet."

While Meier's $6-million AAV would be reasonable for the Canucks, Benning has no intention of handing out a similarly structured contract. The base salary in the final year of Meier's contract is $10 million, setting him up for a $10-million qualifying offer as a restricted free agent when it expires. Boeser would also be an RFA after a four-year deal.

"That scares me a bit," Benning said.

Vancouver prefers a salary structure more closely resembling that of Bo Horvat's contract, Kuzma adds. The Canucks pivot signed a six-year pact with an average annual value of $5.5 million shortly before training camp opened in 2017. Horvat's deal does not include any signing bonuses and he'll earn a base salary of just $4.45 million in the final year of the contract.

"We're looking at all of our options and are talking what long and short deals look like," Benning said.

Boeser, 22, scored 26 goals and added 30 assists in 69 games for the Canucks last season. Meier had 30 goals and 36 assists in 78 games, while Connor potted 34 tallies and 32 helpers in 82 contests.

The Canucks have just over $5 million in projected cap space with 24 players signed, according to CapFriendly. They could create additional cap space by placing Antoine Roussel on long-term injured reserve and optioning players to the minors.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:39 pm Nothings gayer than Hampus for a swedish 1st name
Cum on a moustache is pretty gay.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

micky107 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:59 pm What is that second half music? Celtic Metal? I love that.
I may have a wee bit of the Celtic blood in me.

https://youtu.be/HXm8JdC4k4c

But I LOVE hot Scottish pipers!!
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Over in the KHL -

Tryamkin is learning to use his size effectively and is positionally sound as he matures. I'd say he'd be a rock solid defensive dman in the NHL. The type that would thrive in the nasty playoffs atmosphere - especially now that we have other scrappy players so he isn't the only "tough guy". Seems he plays left and right side no problem.

Podkolzin definitely plays like a true powerforward, when he hits it hurts, two good KHL years will be so beneficial for him to mature/develop for the NHL.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:09 am -Jacked from The Score...

The Canucks have just over $5 million in projected cap space with 24 players signed, according to CapFriendly. They could create additional cap space by placing Antoine Roussel on long-term injured reserve and optioning players to the minors.

And of course the really wise, bold maneuver, of telling Gary Bettman and the league to fuck off with the illegitimate Luongo penalty,
hence recapturing our deserved three million dollars for this and two more mother loving seasons, mmm?

Seriously: We can make more space by the start of the regular season. But let's get Brock here for start of camp!!!!
Noe excuses for a slow start because he wasn't there for camp and pre-season. No excuses for a slow start even if he is. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Mickey107 on Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"evolution"