Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Mickey107 »

Nils Höglander goes for yet another lacrosse goal. Hugo Anefelt is up to the task...

https://twitter.com/Hockey_Robinson/sta ... 3278453760

:evil: Let's get back to real hockey there Hogs.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update; an hour later, A nice deflection goal. LINK, which are good too.
"evolution"
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Hoglander is going to be an excellent addition here. Top 6 player for sure. Sounds like Persson and Costmar might have a shot at the WJC too, which is pretty good for a couple 7th rounders, so encouraging news all around coming from Sweden.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Lassi Alanen@lassialanen
Joni Jurmo (VAN) receives a one-game suspension for his headbutting in last Friday's game. #Canucks
Quote Tweet
/Cam Robinson/@Hockey_Robinson
Unfortunately, the cameras didn't catch it, but Canucks prospect Joni Jurmo (#70) was assessed a major and game misconduct for headbutting today.
This was the skirmish that it eventually occurred in.
10:16 AM · Dec 1, 2020·
LINK. Grr
"evolution"
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I'll go on record as not sold on Hoglander developing into a productive NHL'r. Outside the flashy lacrosse move, where is the finish? Buckets of effort though.

I won't be upset if he proves me wrong.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:04 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:07 am I wonder if Doyle wears suspenders when working around the house? It’s the kind of getup you have to sport when your stomach is loads wider than your waste. It’s the only way to keep your pants up
Hargraves has a bicycle tire around his waist. The Chef has a tractor tire around his waist.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Topper wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:59 pm I'll go on record as not sold on Hoglander developing into a productive NHL'r. Outside the flashy lacrosse move, where is the finish? Buckets of effort though.

Interesting. I see hes among the SHL leaders in corsi for % which means hes a play driving winger who is dominant 5 on 5, not many games in though. He apparently focused on improving this aspect of his game after last season which is encouraging.

I'm thinking that we will see a damn fine rookie climbing onto the lineup over the next year therefore i will be unhappy if I'm wrong
Last edited by Cousin Strawberry on Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you need air...call it in
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

Topper wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:59 pm I'll go on record as not sold on Hoglander developing into a productive NHL'r. Outside the flashy lacrosse move, where is the finish? Buckets of effort though.

From what I’ve seen, I’m with you, at least as a top 6 guy. I think his future is as a honey badger, though I don’t know if he’s got the speed for it. He does seem to have the drive, though. That relentlessness isn’t taught, and it can be the difference between the AHL and NHL.
Hono_rary Canadian
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

https://canucksarmy.com/2020/12/01/vanc ... or-roster/

Good news with Victor Persson making the Swedish junior team. It'd be a godsend if he develops into a Salo type (minus the injuries) in the next few years. Sounds like Arvid Costmar is in the mix for the team as well and is battling for the 2C spot. It'd be great to have another decent prospect at centre ice, as we're kind of weak there in our system.

Traditionally, we have faired well with Swedish prospects over the years and it looks like this trend is continuing and even getting better. Petey is one of the best young players in the game and now we have Hoggy, V.Persson, A.Costmar, L.Karlsson and K.Gunnarsson all in the system. :P
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Persson made the roster, not the team.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

I can definitely envision Hoggie rounding into a hard working Per Olov Brassar type a couple of years down the road if he keeps his nose to the grindstone. If goals were in his repertoire we'd see the puck going in by now. But that's okay, any team can use an Ole Brassar.
el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Ole Brasar...

el rey del mambo
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Michigan (18yrs - 6'1 - 180lbs LD) Dman Jacob Truscott is on a 3-game point scoring streak.
Truscott uses great edge work and mobility to find great passing options and exits from his own end of the ice. One can take solace in the fact that Truscott is a technically skilled passer who can thread the needle in all three zones -- even if he doesn't leverage that often enough to be an impact player, proof of concept exists.

-EliteProspects 2020 NHL Draft Guide

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/2 ... b-truscott
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Per Olav Brasar is a legend. Him and Bobby Manno
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

SKYO wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:00 pm Michigan (18yrs - 6'1 - 180lbs LD) Dman Jacob Truscott is on a 3-game point scoring streak.
Truscott uses great edge work and mobility to find great passing options and exits from his own end of the ice. One can take solace in the fact that Truscott is a technically skilled passer who can thread the needle in all three zones -- even if he doesn't leverage that often enough to be an impact player, proof of concept exists.

-EliteProspects 2020 NHL Draft Guide

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/2 ... b-truscott
Sorry; Can't help it. :rockin:

58 sec. Jun 5, 2015
distinct impression this may have not been her field of expertise
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
/Cam Robinson/@Hockey_Robinson
Canucks defensive prospect, Jacob Truscott grabbed an assist on the night to extend his point streak to 3 games.
He has 3 points in 7 NCAA games on the season
6:29 PM · Dec 2, 2020
Here's Your Replay....LINK ..
"evolution"
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:36 pm https://canucksarmy.com/2020/12/01/vanc ... or-roster/

Good news with Victor Persson making the Swedish junior team. It'd be a godsend if he develops into a Salo type (minus the injuries) in the next few years. Sounds like Arvid Costmar is in the mix for the team as well and is battling for the 2C spot. It'd be great to have another decent prospect at centre ice, as we're kind of weak there in our system.

Traditionally, we have faired well with Swedish prospects over the years and it looks like this trend is continuing and even getting better. Petey is one of the best young players in the game and now we have Hoggy, V.Persson, A.Costmar, L.Karlsson and K.Gunnarsson all in the system. :P
Both Costmar and Persson are on the preliminary roster that holds 30 skaters. Eight will be cut by Dec 12th when the final roster is presented.

http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... 83#p404383
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.