Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Remember Bubble Tea wanted Nick "3 goals 8 assists" Ritchie instead of Jake.

Who would win n a boxing match between Bubbles and Cbef Boi RD?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:49 pm Remember Bubble Tea wanted Nick "3 goals 8 assists" Ritchie instead of Jake.

Who would win n a boxing match between Bubbles and Cbef Boi RD?
I’ll box the winner of you and Dumaresq
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:46 pm
SKYO wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:53 pm People love to be right! ha

But cc bro's/sista's - I think Virtanen has a golden opportunity with Pettersson, TG will likely want a scrapper/scorer with him to protect him from the NHL wolves in his rookie season.

Could bode well for Blob's favourite assassination targets Eriksson and Virtanen, Loui the scoring vet takes EP under his wing while JV does the dirty work and protects his new homie.

1st year for EP

LW: Loui Eriksson - C: Elias Pettersson - RW: Jake Virtanen this line could bloom & probably will start as the 3rd line next season.

Lol Eriksson the mentor and Jake the protector. :lol:
:lol: ya fuck that you keep him far far away from those double barrel underachievers.

I'd put him with someone who can actually finish (BB?)
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Of these 2015 1st round draft picks, with what we know now, who you picking 1st, 2nd, 3rd

Strome
Hanafin
Zacha
Meier
Crouse
Gurianov
Zboril
Debrusk
Senyshyn
Svechnikov
Ek
White
Samsonov
Connor
Chabot
Boeser
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lol funny how every draft but 2014 and 2016 gets rehashed by the Dud
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:38 am Lol funny how every draft but 2014 and 2016 gets rehashed by the Dud
Who are your 1st 3 picks Bubbles and in what order
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:52 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:38 am Lol funny how every draft but 2014 and 2016 gets rehashed by the Dud
Who are your 1st 3 picks Bubbles and in what order
I’ll play along when you start to discuss the drafts where Elmer dropped the ball in the first round.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

But cc bro's/sista's - I think Virtanen has a golden opportunity with Pettersson, TG will likely want a scrapper/scorer with him to protect him from the NHL wolves in his rookie season.

Could bode well for Blob's favourite assassination targets Eriksson and Virtanen, Loui the scoring vet takes EP under his wing while JV does the dirty work and protects his new homie.

1st year for EP

LW: Loui Eriksson - C: Elias Pettersson - RW: Jake Virtanen this line could bloom & probably will start as the 3rd line next season.

I know you'd love that line.

were you still acting like a child with Bure? in his lines? lol

If you want ELIAS PETTERSSON in CANUCKS colours - gonna need a vet (Eriksson) and a tough SOB (Virtanen)
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

SKYO wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:18 am

1st year for EP

I know you'd love that line.

were you still acting like a child with Bure? in his lines? lol

If you want ELIAS PETTERSSON in CANUCKS colours - gonna need a vet (Eriksson) and a tough SOB (Virtanen)
Wouldn’t it be awesome if Pettersson reinvigorated Erik$$on’$ career?

Vanek and Boeser and Erik$$on and Pettersson

Potentially two chemistry match ups

Ahh to dream
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

I have noticed that Elias Pettersson is very, very different than others that have developed out of Europe.
He looks and acts more like a superstar talent out of Canadian junior.
Very aggressive on shooting, finding the open lanes and just plain takes charge.
I certainly wouldn't want to do anything to disrupt that line of thinking.
I don't see that the Sedins or LE can teach him much.
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Eriksson be the pops.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Kole Lind 1 goal 3 assists last night

Goldobin on absolute fire since returning to Utica.

Lind - 22 goals 40 assists 62 pts 37 games
Glass - 25 goals 38 assists 63 pts 42 games
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:13 am
I want Virtanen to succeed but when I think of power forwards I tend to think of the guys mentioned above. If he can be a middle six guy like a Hansen who hits harder Im ok with that. 30-40 points playing a strong two way game (because he is actually a strong defensive player) . For the life of me I don’t know why he isn’t getting some serious pk time.
I can't figure that out either. JV the should be developing into a totally offensive player, or, from what he has shown, a strong grinding 2-way forward. Playing the PK only makes sense, and this year, even if he makes a few mistakes, it won't cost us a playoff spot. It also gets him a few more minutes of ice time.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Tciso wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:18 am
I want Virtanen to succeed but when I think of power forwards I tend to think of the guys mentioned above. If he can be a middle six guy like a Hansen who hits harder Im ok with that. 30-40 points playing a strong two way game (because he is actually a strong defensive player) . For the life of me I don’t know why he isn’t getting some serious pk time.
I can't figure that out either. JV the should be developing into a totally offensive player, or, from what he has shown, a strong grinding 2-way forward. Playing the PK only makes sense, and this year, even if he makes a few mistakes, it won't cost us a playoff spot. It also gets him a few more minutes of ice time.
Play him ahead of Gaunce....

(In reality, Virtanen -visually on ice- doesn't seem to have that "Biega style" hustle every shift. He glides a lot, and every time he glides, it seems Green notices.... then Jake is on the Pine)

Still, play him ahead of Gaunce.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:06 pm
Tciso wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:18 am
Play him ahead of Gaunce....

(In reality, Virtanen -visually on ice- doesn't seem to have that "Biega style" hustle every shift. He glides a lot, and every time he glides, it seems Green notices.... then Jake is on the Pine)

Still, play him ahead of Gaunce.

A perfect example of entitlement, or having it easy in junior. Biega has had to fight and scarp for every NHL shift, hell he had to fight to make it to the NHL. Virtanen could use his body to run over people in junior and coast. He didn't have to work too much at it. I think he is starting to get it. I also think he needs more ice time and a more defined role. Is he top six or third line energy guy.
The only HW the Canucks need