Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Jett Woo apparently knocked veteran AHL goon Luke Witkowski out of the game tonight with a crushing hit in tonight's 5-1 loss to rival Syracuse. Rathbone with the only Comets goal, his second.

Look for Witkowski to try to get even with the kid next week...
el rey del mambo
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:37 pm Jett Woo apparently knocked veteran AHL goon Luke Witkowski out of the game tonight with a crushing hit in tonight's 5-1 loss to rival Syracuse. Rathbone with the only Comets goal, his second.

Look for Witkowski to try to get even with the kid next week...
He’s known for being a ferocious hitter. Woo is a beaut to pulling that off 10 games in to his rookie pro season. He ain’t scared, but Doyle wants Josh Brook instead
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

6 points in 6 AHL games for Rathbones pro rookie season. A rocket out of the gates. He won’t lag too long in the A. Brilliant draft pick. The farm looks great with promising prospects - Lind, Rathbone, Gadjovich, Lockwood and Woo!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:33 am 6 points in 6 AHL games for Rathbones pro rookie season. A rocket out of the gates. He won’t lag too long in the A. Brilliant draft pick. The farm looks great with promising prospects - Lind, Rathbone, Gadjovich, Lockwood and Woo!
Can’t wait to see Rathbone on the number one PP next season when Hughes is holding out. :twisted:
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:33 am 6 points in 6 AHL games for Rathbones pro rookie season. A rocket out of the gates. He won’t lag too long in the A. Brilliant draft pick. The farm looks great with promising prospects - Lind, Rathbone, Gadjovich, Lockwood and Woo!
I see nhl games for at least four of those guys, only one I’m a little concerned about is gadjovich not having quick enough feet. Rathbone and lind should graduate up for next season, another year for Lockwood and woo.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:55 am
I see nhl games for at least four of those guys, only one I’m a little concerned about is gadjovich not having quick enough feet. Rathbone and lind should graduate up for next season, another year for Lockwood and woo.
Gadjovich is referred to as the strongest player in the AHL right now, he might get their by his other strengths other than skating. 9 goals in 10 games is nothing to sneeze at
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Gadj has also added a significant step to his skating since last season and its paying off big time. Think of him as the next Jamie Benn who also overcame massive skating issues to challenge the league scoring title
If you need air...call it in
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:58 am
Gadjovich is referred to as the strongest player in the AHL right now, he might get their by his other strengths other than skating. 9 goals in 10 games is nothing to sneeze at
He has some of the nicest hands going, plus he can use those hands to pummel people. If his skating improves even slightly I think you’re right, there are a lot of big strong teams that don’t rely on skating speed, St. Louis, washington, are two recent examples of that.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:28 am
Gadj has also added a significant step to his skating since last season and its paying off big time. Think of him as the next Jamie Benn who also overcame massive skating issues to challenge the league scoring title
Not only that, Gadjovich is a much more fearsome fighter than Benn, to the point where I bet Tryamkin will be glad he is his teammate
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

That’s good to hear, it’s nice having some good young talent in the ahl finally
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:33 am
Not only that, Gadjovich is a much more fearsome fighter than Benn, to the point where I bet Tryamkin will be glad he is his teammate
I bet he wouldnt have to pretend that napkin scratched his eye if he got his shoulder dislocated by being rag dolled
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Only been able to see small samples this year but he sure looks faster. Point totals per games played are far better then any other time on the farm.
He's left wing and should be able to slot in to our 3rd line by next year. If Travis was serious about three scoring lines, could be good.
Hard to believe Travis will ever discard his normal 2 scoring and 2 grinding line system though.
"evolution"
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

And who would these 4 replace on the current roster?
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

2Fingers wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:22 pm
Roussel, Sutter (assuming Gaudette is kept as 3rd line C), Benn, Hamonic.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Mëds wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:47 pm
2Fingers wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:22 pm
Roussel, Sutter (assuming Gaudette is kept as 3rd line C), Benn, Hamonic.
You have more faith than I, I would be happy if one of them make the NHL.