Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I believe Gaudettes season could be over today if they lose. If they lose we find out quickly if Gaudette gets the Boeser treatment. Would' be awesome if he did get the Boeser treatment, a nice distraction to the stealth tank.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Vaxjo defeats Brynas 5-3 today to take a 3-1 lead in the series.

Petts with a goal and two helpers. :mex:
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

BladesofSteel wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:55 am Vaxjo defeats Brynas 5-3 today to take a 3-1 lead in the series.

Petts with a goal and two helpers. :mex:
Brynäs had a 3-2 lead early in the third period, before Pettersson assisted to 3-3 and 4-3 and then scored the fifth goal himself.

Couple of quotes from Aftonbladet:
"The coaches and the older players have helped me. They've told me I shouldn't get stressed up and remain calm, and that I need to feel confident in the things I'm good at. In the first two games I was thinking too much and that made me too slow. Then it's easy to defend against me." Elias Pettersson

"It was a damned tough game for us to play. Brynäs were working incredibly hard for their team crest and their goalie, they gave us nothing for free and scored some really tough goals for us to handle, but then a couple of guys made a difference in the end. Elias Pettersson is really important for us, he stepped up and made the difference. It's a fantastic hockey player." Sam Hallam (Växjö's head coach)
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Oops, my bad! It was the second and fourth goals he assisted on. Not third and fourth. Oh well.

Here are the highlights: https://www.shl.se/play/video/Brynas_IF ... autoplay=1
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Ok, so when will we see Adam Gaudette?!

:D
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blobbees an HW's good buddy - Farhan is tweeting that the nucks are hoping to ink Gaudette in a couple days
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Yeah, Gaudette has said he will make a decision within 48 hours.
I assume that means for the rest of this season.

I wonder what he was doing in June of 2011 ?
Funny how things go, aint it?
"evolution"
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

Zero chance of Gaudette playing in Dallas today. #Canucks and Gaudette advisor will talk today. Boeser deal out of NCAA last year was done real fast, Gaudette taking his time, talking with family and advisor. twitter.com

submitted 54 minutes ago

I have to confess, until I see confirmation that Gaudette has signed with the Canucks, I'm concerned about the very real possibility that he pulls a 'Vesey', and opts to wait a year and then become free to sign with which ever team he wishes, like... Boston or some-such. I''m going to be keeping my eye on this one over the next few days for sure. We have so little to hope for these days... absolute 'garbage-ville' in Canuckland these days. Really could use some good news here.
cc oldtimer
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

If he doesn’t sign in the next few days, you look hard at dealing him at the draft. Have to recoup something for the asset because if he finishes his education there’s zero shot of him coming here.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Yeah, it's a real concern if he "needs time" to think it about it. Like Brock, you either know or you don't. We do have one thing working for us, apparently him and Brock have become good friends, talk all the time. That's got a be an ace in the hole, IMO.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:09 am Yeah, it's a real concern if he "needs time" to think it about it. Like Brock, you either know or you don't. We do have one thing working for us, apparently him and Brock have become good friends, talk all the time. That's got a be an ace in the hole, IMO.
I agree, if it was me I would try and go where where my college friend is..... if I liked him that is...
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

It's more than that, Ratski. Regardless of how some feel, the future looks bright here for a guy like Gaudette. Room in the line-up to play, a lot of good prospects in the system, not to mention a high 2018 pick. Seeing something brewing, a core he can grow with, has to be an attraction as well.

If he does decide to go back, no more NCAA picks, and no more Russkies.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Talking to Brock is "good". Talking to family, probably not so much.
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

There hasn’t been a ton of guys do what Jimmy Vesey did so I am optimistic that he signs here. He turns 22 later this year so he isn’t getting any younger and waiting another 12 months to sign his first deal could cost him dearly as if he does ink a deal now he burns off a contract year. If he plays well like Boeser has he can cash in sooner.

You can’t stay away from drafting NCAA players. Or Russians for that matter.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

It's not always as attractive as some think it is to play in ones hometown, too many distractions, friends and family, and the pressure is higher. A lot of Americans playing in the worst place in Canada - Winnipeg - Wheeler, Trouba, Buyfuglien, Connor, etc. They all like it there. well, maybe not so much Trouba. But most players do not set up home in the city of the team they play for. I think it comes down to having the "choice" of where to play, it's that simple, IMO, which is why I think "where the team is trending" plays a huge part in the decision.