Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Was listening to Bob Stoffer on coilers at noon today. He had Ben Kuzma as a guest and they were talking Podkolzin for a bit...

Apparently things arent going so well in the K for him. He only played 2 minutes last night and is scoreless in 10 games or something... BK was lamenting how he was the only vancouver media dude to not like the Pod at 10.

Thoughts on any of this?

Edit: His 0 totals in 10 games are confirmed as are his low minutes.
https://en.khl.ru/players/30659/

Hmm...maybe he comes over a year early after all
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:10 pm Was listening to Bob Stoffer on coilers at noon today. He had Ben Kuzma as a guest and they were talking Podkolzin for a bit...

Apparently things arent going so well in the K for him. He only played 2 minutes last night and is scoreless in 10 games or something... BK was lamenting how he was the only vancouver media dude to not like the Pod at 10.

Thoughts on any of this?
This was expected, The Pod only averaged 3:30 in the 3 games he played for them last season.

He's going to be on the fourth line pretty much.

The KHL is notorious for not giving kids much icetime... and The Pod is just a pup.

Doesn't help that he's on the best team in the league.

But hey, he was up over 9:00 in today's game:

https://en.khl.ru/game/851/81876/protocol/

The hope is that his icetime will increase as the season goes on, but it's doubtful he'll make the top 6.

(unless injuries?)

In Benning we trust.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

ok good dig...9+ a game is fine

Did you see Nailure Yakupov on that stat roll?

:lol:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:54 pm Did you see Nailure Yakupov on that stat roll?

Missed that... see, even a #1 overall only gets 13 minutes on that team! :lol:

I wonder how his nasal cavity is holding up...
____
Try to focus on someday.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

I guess Pod wouldn’t be eligible to play in the CHL either. Too bad, seems like he has the work ethic and physical stature to dominate the O.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BladesofSteel wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:11 pm I guess Pod wouldn’t be eligible to play in the CHL either. Too bad, seems like he has the work ethic and physical stature to dominate the O.
Meh, playing on the top KHL team with men will be fine for his development if his icetime keeps increasing.
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:50 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:10 pm Was listening to Bob Stoffer on coilers at noon today. He had Ben Kuzma as a guest and they were talking Podkolzin for a bit...

This was expected, The Pod only averaged 3:30 in the 3 games he played for them last season.

He's going to be on the fourth line pretty much.

The KHL is notorious for not giving kids much icetime... and The Pod is just a pup.

Doesn't help that he's on the best team in the league.

But hey, he was up over 9:00 in today's game:

https://en.khl.ru/game/851/81876/protocol/

The hope is that his icetime will increase as the season goes on, but it's doubtful he'll make the top 6.
Yeah the KHL is a strong mens league with veteran pros, ya gotta earn your way up the lineup.
The Kontinental Hockey League is widely considered the No. 2 pro hockey league in the world, with the KHL is being regarded as the strongest ice-hockey league in all of Europe. What makes the KHL so interesting is that it holds a variety of players from different backgrounds and countries. Even if the primary talent pool comes from Russia, they still pull players in from all over the world including Canada.
The KHL can pay big bucks as well to try to keep talent longer before they try the NHL.

They gotta similar setup to the NHL-AHL, with the KHL-VHL.

With the SHL right behind em.

So having Podz waaay over there away from the Canadian psycho media is great for his development, and once he gets comfortable over there playing in the KHL with the men, all the better for the Canucks when he makes his way over in a couple years.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

BladesofSteel wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:11 pm I guess Pod wouldn’t be eligible to play in the CHL either. Too bad, seems like he has the work ethic and physical stature to dominate the O.
Medicine Hat Tigers have his rights.

I’d also like to see him over here playing in the WHL but it doesn’t seem very likely.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:31 pm They gotta similar setup to the NHL-AHL, with the KHL-VHL.
Speaking of that, they sent The Pod down for a game the other day to get him some minutes:

https://twitter.com/coreypronman/status ... 2448613376
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

He goes from the best player at the 4 Nations Cup by a country mile with JD Burke falling head over heels over how good he looked in that tourney to a bust 3 weeks later playing with men in the K. Chill the fack out, Youdels.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:01 pm He goes from the best player at the 4 Nations Cup by a country mile with JD Burke falling head over heels over how good he looked in that tourney to a bust 3 weeks later playing with men in the K. Chill the fack out, Youdels.
Reading comprehension 101 for Meisterburger, folks.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Where in your mind did i say anything about that. I said they were talking it over on coiler lunch with Kuzma.

Paper bags and testors cement is no way to party dude
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Chef Boi RD wrote:What a fucking hopeless case Virtanen is. A complete flake
Chef Boi RD wrote:If Jake can’t prepare for an nhl season after all this time he needs to go. What an idiot
Chef Boi RD wrote:Facts is, Jake isn’t driven, doesn’t want it bad enough. We will get glimpses of good hockey from him a few times throughout the season, but he’s just not a competitive guy in the way of setting personal goals.
Chef Boi RD wrote:I tried in vain to calm you all regarding Jakes demotion to Group C, not to read too much into it.

What would this place be like without the Chef Dude?
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hank wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:26 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote:What a fucking hopeless case Virtanen is. A complete flake
Chef Boi RD wrote:If Jake can’t prepare for an nhl season after all this time he needs to go. What an idiot
Chef Boi RD wrote:Facts is, Jake isn’t driven, doesn’t want it bad enough. We will get glimpses of good hockey from him a few times throughout the season, but he’s just not a competitive guy in the way of setting personal goals.
Chef Boi RD wrote:I tried in vain to calm you all regarding Jakes demotion to Group C, not to read too much into it.

What would this place be like without the Chef Dude?
Now that’s some right proper posting neatly compiled by Hank for all to enjoy. Gold.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Hockeyallsvenskan has started and in his first game for Timrå, Jonathan Dahlén had two goals and one assist as they beat Vita Hästen 4-3.

Aftonbladet commented that he returned home after having had troubles adjusting to the North American game and not least coaching style. I still think the Canucks messed up big time with this kid. He will win the scoring race in this league again, just as he did two years ago, and probably be named MVP again as well.

I assume the sharks own him now, right?

Damn. :(
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.