Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:22 pm The CHL players can go to UFA faster than college players. They can go back in the draft if they refuse to sign. I don’t have a massive problem with the current system. If he goes back to school he’s a trade chip.

Why do people keep saying Woo should jump into the AHL next year? He didn’t even get an invite to the WJC camp for Canada. Let him do that next year and hopefully be one of the better d men in the Dub. I like the junior feeder system. If you start yanking out all the best players and plugging them into the AHL it kind of fucks those teams
Woo can’t play in the ahl next season, he’s either in Vancouver, overseas, or chl
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I realize he can’t play in the AHL. I was commenting on people wanting him to. Let’s let him master junior first maybe.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Yeah Woo-tang will have to master the art of shaolin...ok I'll stop.

But yeah he has to sharpen his skillset a bit, quit trying to be fancy, limit his mistakes and he can fine tune those next year and have an awesome showcase at the 2020 World Juniors. sheesh time flies.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Hockey Widow wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:53 am
Hank wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:47 am Has anyone heard any updates on Hughes? Did they lock him up in a hyperbaric chamber?

He was supposed to be re-evaluated yesterday with another CAT- scan. I guess he/we will get word today. Skating is such a big part of his game. You always hear others talk about how outstanding his edge work is. If he’s not able to perform at that level we may not see him this season. Last night they were saying we may not see him until the last 2-3 games, just to give him a taste.

I say, why burn a year on his ELC if he is still hurting.
I also heard another MRI, "this" morning will be done. Guys on 650am were saying lucky just to get 2 games in.
Regardless of what happens, a huge sigh of relief came over Canucksville when he signed, and when he arrived.
If they don't burn a year, I'm sure he'll be fine;

I am totally kidding !!!!! I want to see him this year as much as anyone. I need to become a believer, not just a hoper.
Do not want to wait till Oct. to see if the style works in the bigs...
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:50 am
Woo can’t play in the ahl next season, he’s either in Vancouver, overseas, or chl
Yeah, I'm seeing all the develop more in AHL stuff. A waste. He wont learn anymore in Moose Jaw.
He's ready for a tougher level of play. Junior teams turn their rosters over every year.
He's a particularly mature player and I don't see how it helps now.
Well I guess he can be a team leader, maybe captain to the new 16 & 17 year olds.
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Yeah he’s so ready for the next step that he wasn’t even considered to represent his country a few short months ago
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:37 am Yeah he’s so ready for the next step that he wasn’t even considered to represent his country a few short months ago
And remember all the comments not just from here but everywhere what a older, less talented, big, team they put together for it.
And they were right. It looked gawd awful. But you know that and are trolling and I no that so I am trolling back.
I'm right though.
"evolution"
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

5thhorseman wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:19 am
Topper wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:57 am
Uncle dans leg wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:04 am
RoyalDude wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:34 am
micky107 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:23 am
Reefer2 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:12 am
Too bad the conference was so bad that the thought of making the playoffs impacted the right long term decisions to be made.
That's one hell of an excellent point, right there, Reef.
It’s like accidental intelligence, he stumbles into unwittingly on rare occasions, savour the moment, for it’s quite fleeting
:lol:

Poor reef...everyone lines up for a kick.
like clockwork
Like shooting fish in a barrel
What ever floats your boats, I guess coming on here is what most of you consider a successful day.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Reefer2 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:33 pm
5thhorseman wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:19 am
Topper wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:57 am
Uncle dans leg wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:04 am
RoyalDude wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:34 am
micky107 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:23 am
Reefer2 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:12 am
Too bad the conference was so bad that the thought of making the playoffs impacted the right long term decisions to be made.
That's one hell of an excellent point, right there, Reef.
It’s like accidental intelligence, he stumbles into unwittingly on rare occasions, savour the moment, for it’s quite fleeting
:lol:

Poor reef...everyone lines up for a kick.
like clockwork
Like shooting fish in a barrel
What ever floats your boats, I guess coming on here is what most of you consider a successful day.
Yikes :?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

micky107 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:54 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:37 am Yeah he’s so ready for the next step that he wasn’t even considered to represent his country a few short months ago
And remember all the comments not just from here but everywhere what a older, less talented, big, team they put together for it.
And they were right. It looked gawd awful. But you know that and are trolling and I no that so I am trolling back.
I'm right though.
What are you right about?

He’s not even the best d man on his own junior team. Let him dominate the level and play for his country. There’s no need for him to get his head kicked in as a 19 year old in the AHL.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:15 pm
I'm right though.

He’s not even the best d man on his own junior team. Let him dominate the level and play for his country. There’s no need for him to get his head kicked in as a 19 year old in the AHL.
Montreal has a good one for sure. Wonder if they need an "experienced" forward? We could have team-mates, cool.
Guess not. :(
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I too want to see Hughes play but really, if we are down to 1-2 games I’d rather not burn a year on his ELC. We should know soon I guess but having to do a follow up MRI is kinda suspicious no? I mean he must still be in pain one would think.
The only HW the Canucks need
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

He’s not even the best d man on his own junior team.
He isn't? Well his pretty damned close, and definitely the best 19 year old dman on his team, by a longshot.
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:15 pm [There’s no need for him to get his head kicked in as a 19 year old in the AHL.
He can't play in the AHL Blob.

:twisted:
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

ESQ wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:07 pm
He’s not even the best d man on his own junior team.
He isn't? Well his pretty damned close, and definitely the best 19 year old dman on his team, by a longshot.
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:15 pm [There’s no need for him to get his head kicked in as a 19 year old in the AHL.
He can't play in the AHL Blob.

:twisted:
Josh Brook

And thanks for reminding me
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

I'm right though.

No need to play ahl because he’s not allowed too, but if there was a chance for him to play in a men’s league in Europe and he wants too, that would be better for his development than beating up on kids in the chl (which he’s dominated this year). Also shove that world juniors crap up your ass, that selection process isn’t on merit.