Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Topper wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:56 pm Pretty soon Kesler will want back.
Fuq that. In a couple years, I wanna see us beat the ducks in a playoff series and then move on to a Stanley Cup win. :P
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Article on Jonathan Dahlén showing that same fierce loyalty the Sedins have, putting the team ahead of himself:

http://www.eliteprospects.com/article.php?id=253
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Good read Per, thanks.

Northeastern continues its surge, as Gaudette scores another 2 goals and 1 assist last night.
In 32 games, he now has 27 goals and 51 points.

Of note, Chicago 6th round pick from '14 Dylan Sikura is 2nd with 45 points and there has been some talk out of Chicago that he may become a UFA this summer.

With Pettersson, Dahlen and Gaudette all looking to move up to the next level, help is on the way!
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

BladesofSteel wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:26 am With Pettersson, Dahlen and Gaudette all looking to move up to the next level, help is on the way!
We could have a hell of an offense (which hopefully will cover our deficiencies on the back end).
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Be nice if Gaudette makes the team next season. 2nd line Center??
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Gaudette is running away with the NCAA title. Hand him the Hobey Baker now, the kid is a beast. Recent Hobey Baker winners are having very good NHL careers - Butcher, Vesey, Eichel, Gaudreau. Gaudette is guaranteed making the Canucks next season. His linemate from last season - Aston-Reese is on fire right now in Pittsburgh. Him and Pettersson will go toe to toe for the Calder next season. 1-2 years, done!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Last night the Genius was on full display

Gadjovich - 2 goals 1 assist
Gaudette - 1 goal 2 assists
Lind 1 goal in first game back from injury. 32 goals on the season
Stukel scored 29th goal, 1st star
Brisebios scored

Lind - 48 games, 32 goals, 47 assists, 79 points
Glass - 52 games, 28 goals, 48 assists, 76 points
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Stukel isn’t getting a contract. If he is, he shouldn’t be. Christ if chicken bones Lockwood doesn’t bulk up and stop getting hurt, Vancouver will have Vanilla Juolevi to show for a whole draft. They had pick 33 and should have picked from a stable of great youngsters in that great draft.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Only Bubbles hates a valued player on Team USA, goes down with an injury "THAT'S IT! HE'S A BUM. BE DONE WITH HIM!"

Stay gold Pony Boy
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I said I hated him and that he was a bum ?

Proof ??
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Asplund (SHL) - 7 goals, 20 assists, 27 points, 43 games (picked 33rd overall in 2016) 39th on Craig Buttons Prospect List

Elias Pettersson (SHL) - 17 goals, 28 assists, 45 points, 37 games, 3rd in the scoring in the SHL

Jonathon Dahlen - 22 goals, 19 assists, 41 points, 40 games (31st on Craig Buttons Top Prospects List) Selected 42nd overall in 2016 draft

McCann - 6 goals, 9 assists, 45 games
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:54 am I said I hated him and that he was a bum ?

Proof ??
"Chicken Bones"? Do we really need to translate this?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

He’s extremely slight and has had two major injuries.

I like the way he plays and have said so in the past but he’s 170 pounds with soaking wet gear on.

He has to pan out to make this draft decent. 4/6 players drafted by the Canucks that year shouldn’t be signed to contacts. Stukel, Abols, Mckenzie and Candella are all sucking the hind tit right now. Coulda picked a stud at 33 and Ty Ronning instead of the scrub Abols. Ronning at the very least will be a solid AHL player.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Speaking of walking out of a draft with nothing - 2010 NHL Draft Canuck draft Re-cap

WIth Kuznetsov still on board as well as Charlie Coyle and Brock Nelson, Mike Gillis says he was OK trading the 1st round pick because he didn't like what was still on board. KEITH BUYOUT BALLARD

1st round - no pick
2nd round - no pick
3rd round - no pick
4th round - McNally
5th round - Polasek
6th round - Iilahit
7th round - Hannay

Why did Gillis even show up to the 2010 draft? And you wonder why the team is where its at? Remember, we only have Horvat, Gaunce and Hutton to show for from Gillis 6 years of drafting for the Canucks. Remember, we had to give an elite young goalie to get Horvat. Just brutal
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Yes we know Gillis stunk at the draft table. He hasn’t been with the team for four years. We know 2010 was a bad draft year. So was 2007 and 2016 is looking pretty bleak right now. This is a young guns thread. Why derail it ? Nobody from the 2010 draft would be considered a young gun.