Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by ukcanuck »

Hockey Widow wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:50 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:06 pm
Tciso wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:18 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:13 am
I want Virtanen to succeed but when I think of power forwards I tend to think of the guys mentioned above. If he can be a middle six guy like a Hansen who hits harder Im ok with that. 30-40 points playing a strong two way game (because he is actually a strong defensive player) . For the life of me I don’t know why he isn’t getting some serious pk time.
I can't figure that out either. JV the should be developing into a totally offensive player, or, from what he has shown, a strong grinding 2-way forward. Playing the PK only makes sense, and this year, even if he makes a few mistakes, it won't cost us a playoff spot. It also gets him a few more minutes of ice time.
Play him ahead of Gaunce....

(In reality, Virtanen -visually on ice- doesn't seem to have that "Biega style" hustle every shift. He glides a lot, and every time he glides, it seems Green notices.... then Jake is on the Pine)

Still, play him ahead of Gaunce.

A perfect example of entitlement, or having it easy in junior. Biega has had to fight and scarp for every NHL shift, hell he had to fight to make it to the NHL. Virtanen could use his body to run over people in junior and coast. He didn't have to work too much at it. I think he is starting to get it. I also think he needs more ice time and a more defined role. Is he top six or third line energy guy.

Hoping for the classic "late Bloomer" label.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Hockey Widow wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:50 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:06 pm
Tciso wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:18 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:13 am
I want Virtanen to succeed but when I think of power forwards I tend to think of the guys mentioned above. If he can be a middle six guy like a Hansen who hits harder Im ok with that. 30-40 points playing a strong two way game (because he is actually a strong defensive player) . For the life of me I don’t know why he isn’t getting some serious pk time.
I can't figure that out either. JV the should be developing into a totally offensive player, or, from what he has shown, a strong grinding 2-way forward. Playing the PK only makes sense, and this year, even if he makes a few mistakes, it won't cost us a playoff spot. It also gets him a few more minutes of ice time.
Play him ahead of Gaunce....

(In reality, Virtanen -visually on ice- doesn't seem to have that "Biega style" hustle every shift. He glides a lot, and every time he glides, it seems Green notices.... then Jake is on the Pine)

Still, play him ahead of Gaunce.

A perfect example of entitlement, or having it easy in junior. Biega has had to fight and scarp for every NHL shift, hell he had to fight to make it to the NHL. Virtanen could use his body to run over people in junior and coast. He didn't have to work too much at it. I think he is starting to get it. I also think he needs more ice time and a more defined role. Is he top six or third line energy guy.
Yup. And without Gaunces ice time, (unless coaches see something in practice we don't see at the game) neither Jake nor fans will know his role.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Kole Lind 2 goals 2 assists last night in a 4-3 win in OT. Assisted on game tying goal late in the game and scored the OT winner. Absolute Beast Mode! Passes Cody Glass on the scoring leader board and played 4 less games! Has 10 goals 18 assists in a 10 game scoring streak. Mover over, just move over...this pick is pure GENIUS. Gillis you listening?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

A goal and an assist for Pettersson as Växjö beat Mora.
He now has 38 points (13G 25 A) in 31 games. He has dropped in the standings since the WJC made him miss a bunch of games, but still has the best PPG average.

Meanwhile, in the secoond tier league Hockeyallsvenskan, Jonathan Dahlén is in second place in scoring with 37 points (20G 17A) in 32 games.

Both players play on the team that sits in first place in their respective leagues.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Per! Your thoughts on Rasmus Asplund? Bubbles and Nuckles are massive fans of him!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Gaudette with 2 goals and an assist last night. Just absolutely running away with the NCAA scoring title

Lind with a goal last night

Demko putting up a brick wall

Petterson with 1 goal 2 assists in his last game.

This is the best the Canucks prospect pool has ever looked in this organizations entire history!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:14 am.

This is the best the Canucks prospect pool has ever looked in this organizations entire history!
I agree. When will we see Gaudette? When does the uni season end?
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:11 am
RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:14 am.

I agree. When will we see Gaudette? When does the uni season end?
A 5th round pick, UDL! If that isn't genius I don't know what is.

When his season ends, his team is ranked 8th, so they might not have a long post season. He will get the Boeser treatment at seasons end
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Judd Brackett is a genius
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:47 pm Judd Brackett is a genius
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:14 am A 5th round pick, UDL! If that isn't genius I don't know what is.
Yes, you do, you told me yourself: a genius creates a Masterpiece.

If you want to hail every brush stroke, that's great, but I want to wait until I see Portrait of Vancouver's 3rd Stanley Cup Parade completed.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Ronning's Ghost wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:28 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:14 am A 5th round pick, UDL! If that isn't genius I don't know what is.
Yes, you do, you told me yourself: a genius creates a Masterpiece.
Pretty sure The Dude has stated many many MANY times that a Masterpiece is being created before our very eyes.

(or words to that effect)

And ipso facto... then Lord Benning is ipso facto a genius TODAY (you agreed this would ipso facto be true).

I'm guessing The Dude was forcing you into a position whereby YOU

... will have to acknowledge Jimbro's genius at some point in the future. :mex:

OMG The Dude is like a genius compared to you! :mrgreen:

Some of us truly appreciate The Dude pointing out and "hailing every brush stroke"

... so please stop asking him to refrain! (this goes double for Reefer and his sidekick Blob)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:47 pm
I'm guessing The Dude was forcing you into a position whereby YOU

... will have to acknowledge Jimbro's genius at some point in the future. :mex:
If the Masterpiece becomes objectively apparent (i.e., the Canucks become a Stanley Cup dynasty under Benning), I will gladly proclaim Benning's genius, as well as the insight of his acolytes for recognizing said genius before it was proven.
Strangelove wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:47 pm
Some of us truly appreciate The Dude pointing out and "hailing every brush stroke"

... please stop asking him to refrain! (this goes double for Reefer and his sidekick Blob)
People can't post contrasting opinions ? Anyway, I didn't ask him to stop, I said it wasn't evidence of genius -- yet. Maybe after Gaudette plays an NHL season or so with the Canucks....
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Ronning's Ghost wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:58 pm People can't post contrasting opinions ?
I didn't say they couldn't... in fact I welcome all thought-out well-communicated opinions!!

And no opinions are more thought-out well-communicated than yours Cliffy! :thumbs:
Ronning's Ghost wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:58 pm Anyway, I didn't ask him to stop...
I apologize... I suppose you merely question many of the "brush strokes" that The Dude "hails as genius".

I must have gotten you confused with poster Reefer, again my sincere apologies...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I have never told the Dude to stop posting anything. I enjoy watching him make an idiot of himself. Every village needs one.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”