Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Bubbles. He's 20 years old. Last night was Tuch's first game in the NHL. I am more concerned about Jakes other parts of the game beyond scoring, in which apparently, according to gospel, that is what the coaching staff is working on with him. He's still not out of the Bustville Dal Colle woods yet, but lets not get our panties in a bunch over it, shall we. Patience Grasshopper.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Oh absolutely they HAVE to be patient. He has little value right now and really why flip him for a 3rd or 4th round pick? He has size but doesn't seem to want to use it , so maybe the shoulder is fucked. Either way I'm getting tired of watching this butter soft, small dinky team. Dude and Lumpy love the small dinky guys.
So on one hand you want skilled players, then you start saying you're tired of small guys and want some big guys, which is it?

You should hope we draft Rasmussen then! a big beast who can pop in some goals.

Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Oh absolutely they HAVE to be patient. He has little value right now and really why flip him for a 3rd or 4th round pick? He has size but doesn't seem to want to use it , so maybe the shoulder is fucked. Either way I'm getting tired of watching this butter soft, small dinky team. Dude and Lumpy love the small dinky guys.
So on one hand you want skilled players, then you start saying you're tired of small guys and want some big guys, which is it?

You should hope we draft Rasmussen then! a big beast who can pop in some goals.

What's wrong with size AND skill ? I'm just tired of the fact every player on the team is a buck eighty outside of Horvat and Tryamkin
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

A small, fast and more skilled team beat Blobbee style Rock em sock em hockey in last years Stanley Cup Finals. Don't mind Bubbles, he's stuck in Ryan Clowe San Jose Shark, 4th line stage fighting goon era of hockey still
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Sigh..... some people just don't get it.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Sigh..... some people just don't get it.
This is the first year since I can remember that I have turned off a Canucks game. I hate watching this team and I have endured plenty of shit Canucks teams in my time but never have I seen such a collection of wimps all dressed for the same team...it seems to me they are channelling Trevor Lindens famous Claude Lemieux zamboni-ing persona.

So if they would kindly fuck off and rebuild my team with some balls...that would be greaaaat.
If you need air...call it in
Mr.Miyagi
CC Veteran

Post by Mr.Miyagi »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
This is the first year since I can remember that I have turned off a Canucks game. I hate watching this team and I have endured plenty of shit Canucks teams in my time but never have I seen such a collection of wimps all dressed for the same team...it seems to me they are channelling Trevor Lindens famous Claude Lemieux zamboni-ing persona.

So if they would kindly fuck off and rebuild my team with some balls...that would be greaaaat.
UDL ... I feel your frustration, man... I do!

I bought a 1/2 season of center ice when it looked like the Canucks were starting to become tolerable to watch but upon closer inspection (I usually only see SN360, HNIC, and games against the Flames or Oilers) I realized that they have been lucky to make it this far. Goaltending has to be well above average just for them to compete.

In the spirit of the thread ... I hope we see some call ups towards the end of the year. No, not more Chaput, Megna, Gaunce ... but rather see Subban, Demko or maybe Grenier or JV.

The team just doesn't look hungry. We need to raise the compete level x5.
In Okinawa, all Miyagi know two things: hockey and karate.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Uncle dans leg wrote:

I dont see this team getting any harder to play against in the future. Other than Horvat every forward on the team shys away from contact. Dorsett when healthy tries to hit people but he's pretty tiny so they don't feel it much. Virtanen used to hit but apparently he hasn't been physical at all in Utica. Maybe getting the piss punched out of him by Bobby Farnham last year had a negative effect on him.

Gudbranson and Tryamkin at least play with some bite but that forward group is the softest in the league.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Speaking of 6'1 Adam Gaudette, the talented two-way center, he's on a 7 game points streak, 7th most points in the Nation - as a sophomore, dudes on fire, no sophomore slump here.

http://www.dobberprospects.com/adam-gaudette/
He has a motor that just doesn't stop. Even with the combination of high energy and high motor, he has the ability to make smart hockey plays.

He has a real good stick and sees the ice well. He is a tough competitor who plays 200 feet. He covers the ice really well and has the ability to impact the game, not only on the score sheet, but also by being hard to play against.

He will find his way into special teams situations both in power play situations as well as defensive situations where he will be killing penalties and playing later in games.

He's a hard nose player who will contribute both goals and assists and will set up his linemates.
Could be a future 2nd line center if he keeps it up, Horvat #1, Gaudette #2, Suts #3....two-three years from now. :D
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Virtanen used to hit but apparently he hasn't been physical at all in Utica. Maybe getting the piss punched out of him by Bobby Farnham last year had a negative effect on him.

Maybe coming into camp at 230 isn't the best idea for a guy who's supposed to be physical AND fast.

Sounds like he's down to 215 or so. I'd rather he focus on the speed/skill side of his game than worry about the physical stuff. The hits will come naturally when you're naturally nasty. Part of the problem is when the rest of the team is butter-soft, the kid feels a need to fill that role.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

SKYO wrote:Speaking of 6'1 Adam Gaudette, the talented two-way center, he's on a 7 game points streak, 7th most points in the Nation - as a sophomore, dudes on fire, no sophomore slump here.

http://www.dobberprospects.com/adam-gaudette/
He has a motor that just doesn't stop. Even with the combination of high energy and high motor, he has the ability to make smart hockey plays.

He has a real good stick and sees the ice well. He is a tough competitor who plays 200 feet. He covers the ice really well and has the ability to impact the game, not only on the score sheet, but also by being hard to play against.

He will find his way into special teams situations both in power play situations as well as defensive situations where he will be killing penalties and playing later in games.

He's a hard nose player who will contribute both goals and assists and will set up his linemates.
Could be a future 2nd line center if he keeps it up, Horvat #1, Gaudette #2, Suts #3....two-three years from now. :D
Looking like another steal by our fearless leader - Genius Benning. Great size, great motor, hard nose player blah, blah, blah, one would think with the draftings of size and grit like the goliath Nikita the RedTreeamkin, Gaudette, Virtanen, Boeser blah blah, Blobbee would be all teeth. Or would it make him happier if we draft whimps n shrimps like Gillis did - Hodgson, Schroeder, Jensen, Rodin, ShrunkCarrot, Subban, Gaunce
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Virtanen used to hit but apparently he hasn't been physical at all in Utica. Maybe getting the piss punched out of him by Bobby Farnham last year had a negative effect on him.

Maybe coming into camp at 230 isn't the best idea for a guy who's supposed to be physical AND fast.

Thanks to Jake's Dad thinking that he had a better off season training plan for Jake than the Canucks training staff. Here's to hoping that Dad stays out of the way.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Mr.Miyagi wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:

I bought a 1/2 season of center ice when it looked like the Canucks were starting to become tolerable to watch but upon closer inspection (I usually only see SN360, HNIC, and games against the Flames or Oilers) I realized that they have been lucky to make it this far. Goaltending has to be well above average just for them to compete.

In the spirit of the thread ... I hope we see some call ups towards the end of the year. No, not more Chaput, Megna, Gaunce ... but rather see Subban, Demko or maybe Grenier or JV.

I also bought the whole season of center ice. Yay. Usually i flip it over to another team and it distracts me enough to forget. When you see teams finishing checks regularly, cleaning house in their slots, standing up for each other then flash back to snet pacific to see Eriksson and the smurfs getting cuckolded by the lames and coil...it burnses
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Canucks = Dude hockey at its best.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Mr.Miyagi wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:

I also bought the whole season of center ice. Yay. Usually i flip it over to another team and it distracts me enough to forget. When you see teams finishing checks regularly, cleaning house in their slots, standing up for each other then flash back to snet pacific to see Eriksson and the smurfs getting cuckolded by the lames and coil...it burnses
Sums it up quite accurately. Good to see others seeing. Just no point wearing rose colored glasses.
"evolution"