Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Chef Boi RD »

TDA Rum wrote:Willliam Lockwood plays on TSN 2 & 3 Tonight at 6 PM...
The kid is looking great for a rook in Michigan. Looks like another Benning late round steal!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

It is amazing to me, just how ready for the NHL game, Troy Stecher is.
He's, through necessity, getting tons of valuable minutes.
He is a fantastic skater and in particular, maybe one of the top 5 backwards skaters in the entire league.
He has an uncanny knack for knowing where he is in proximity to the boards and other bodies etc.

When offence turns around into defense, he has this trick he pulls to throw the opposition offside.
When it comes time for the 2 D-men to turn around and skate backwards to face the oncoming forwards, Troy cheats over to the puck carrier's side. The forward on the other side thinks he sees room and speeds up thinking he'll get a pass, just as he crosses the line. The other forward never makes that pass because Troy has taken the path away. The guy rushing for the pass can't stop and goes in offside.
It's not something that shows up on stats in Troy's favor but it should.
I've been watching and he's doing it at least 7 or 8 times a game...Excellent!
"evolution"
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

micky107 wrote:It is amazing to me, just how ready for the NHL game, Troy Stecher is.
He's, through necessity, getting tons of valuable minutes.
He is a fantastic skater and in particular, maybe one of the top 5 backwards skaters in the entire league.
He has an uncanny knack for knowing where he is in proximity to the boards and other bodies etc.
Yeah, Stech looks like a good player for us. He usually makes quick start decisions with the puck and he doesn't hesitate to shoot. The only thing is, Sami Salo he is not. I couldn't help but to think if Salo had some of the chances Steches has been getting, he'd have half a dozen goals by now. Guess I'm just spoiled from watching Salo all those years. :(
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

It's a rare few that can shoot like Sami could.
Weber is maybe, one of the top three ever.
Clear the path! Goalies got it!
I wouldn't stand in front of that thing.
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Stech is looking to be one of the best Free Agent signings this team has seen in decades. Only 22. Him Juolevi, Tryamkin...the future!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

RoyalDude wrote:Stech is looking to be one of the best Free Agent signings this team has seen in decades. Only 22. Him Juolevi, Tryamkin...the future!
Hopefully Stech will become a Brian Rafalski type and be that offensive D-man that has been missing on our team, a hole left when we lost Hoffer. I have hopes for Hutton to produce some offense for us as well. :D
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Boeser has to have wrist surgery and won't play for team USA in the junior touney. :(
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

micky107 wrote:Boeser has to have wrist surgery and won't play for team USA in the junior touney. :(
Good. We need him healthy for prospects camp!
The only HW the Canucks need
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Josh Holden had wrist surgery and was never seen again...
If you need air...call it in
Tanti09
CC Veteran

Post by Tanti09 »

Uncle dans leg wrote:Josh Holden had wrist surgery and was never seen again...
I'm assuming results from these types of surgeries have improved over the last 20+ years. Saying Boeser and Holden in the same sentence scares me.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Holden is still playing in the Swiss League!

Once upon a time a poster on a fucking Canucks messageboard took the handle "Holden Girl".

I can remember some other posters hyping the kid just so's to get into Holden Girl's ... good books?
____
Try to focus on someday.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Strangelove wrote:Holden is still playing in the Swiss League!

Once upon a time a poster on a fucking Canucks messageboard took the handle "Holden Girl".

I can remember some other posters hyping the kid just so's to get into Holden Girl's ... good books?
I thought I read Golden Girl.....
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote:Holden is still playing in the Swiss League!

Ahhhh the old days. Don Lever was a cub reporter at the other cc, Potatoe was a break dancing demon in the nightclub scene, Clam Russell tried to be HoldenBoy , Arachnid started to show his creepy tendencies and the dude was biking the trails , pounding trannies and hooking up with Loopy.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Ahhhh the old days. Don Lever was a cub reporter at the other cc, Potatoe was a break dancing demon in the nightclub scene, Clam Russell tried to be HoldenBoy , Arachnid started to show his creepy tendencies and the dude was biking the trails , pounding trannies and hooking up with Loopy.
Tiger vs Frank.

Spidey vs GM.

Christapuppy vs World.

ODB vs PCness.

OMS ♡ Per.

Yea verily, not many have survived on this long arduous road to the Cup.

(we’re almost there now though, trust me!)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Strangelove wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Ahhhh the old days. Don Lever was a cub reporter at the other cc, Potatoe was a break dancing demon in the nightclub scene, Clam Russell tried to be HoldenBoy , Arachnid started to show his creepy tendencies and the dude was biking the trails , pounding trannies and hooking up with Loopy.
Tiger vs Frank.

Spidey vs GM.

Christapuppy vs World.

ODB vs PCness.

OMS ♡ Per.

Yea verily, not many have survived on this long arduous road to the Cup.

(we’re almost there now though, trust me!)
Arty vs non-THINKERS.

CJB vs Morons.

Are we forgetting any other classic match ups?
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!