Canucks trade MCCann for Gudbranson

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks trade MCCann for Gudbranson

Post by Mickey107 »

Strangelove wrote:
micky107 wrote: Trading Hansen for second or third picks is stupid, real stupid.
I haven't seen anyone around here who would be happy with a 3rd lately. :?

Maybe a year ago?

Which of course is the point: SELL HIGH
micky107 wrote: He is not old and plays even younger, (eyes wide open).
*knocks on Micky's forehead*

UMMMMMM... "transitioning to a younger core"... remember?? :evil: :twisted: :evil:

Don't trade him now... and soon folks will be saying: "We should've traded him while he had value!"

All players age, and Hansen is on the wrong side of 30... (30 + 3 months) :mex:
micky107 wrote: Never be like Higgins or Burrows! Watch the games!
Lol Burrows + Higgins were much better players in their prime than Hansen!

WDF!! :lol:
Well now, boy, if this is your idea of "fucking destroying me", I am laughing... :lol:
It has become ferociously clear to me know, you know very little but have learned, over many eons, how to post as though you do. Ha ha ha! I see through the Saran Wrap.
It's like when you get a huge box for Christmas, open it and find a smaller box, then a smaller and smaller, finally getting your gift, a pea.
You should take that pea, plant it and GROW A FUCKING BRAIN!!
Better yet, why don't you try actually watching the N.H.L. Vancouver Canucks Hockey Team's games, in their entirety. They say humans don't learn things well as they age but couldn't you at least try? I mean just a bit.

I could take the time and effort to point out to you why your wrong but why bother.
You will just carry on with your witty little, I mean attempted witty, grab a sentence, here and there, posts anyways. Have fun with that.
Rip away bud, I aint goin anywhaere.. :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

^^^^

I had to do a double take to make sure this was directed at Doc.

Grabs popcorn and beer and sits back :wow: :wow:
The only HW the Canucks need
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Ring-side seats are still available.

:drink:
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Strangelove wrote:
This. Mick, have a look at Burrows' stats when he was 28/29 and riding shotgun wit the Sedins. Hansen is a poor-man's Burrows.

Also, what happens when we sign a big-name UFA ,or Sutter returns to the wing on the Sedin line? Hansen drops back into a 2nd/3rd line role, and his points inevitably drop to that 15G/30-ish point level. Is that irreplaceable? Absolutely not.
Last edited by Island Nucklehead on Mon May 30, 2016 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Madcombinepilot wrote:
I mentioned this in another thread, and yeah, JB is trading picks, but I think the rush to recoup the picks is a little over stated as he has been recouping prospects via the undrafted market.. Pickups like Stetcher are free 2nd or 3rd round picks..

Everyone says Benning is an awesome scout of new talent. And if he is drafting or signing that talent, while making the team better and our depth deeper, he is doing his job to his strengths.
Benning being a good scout is still not giving himself enough chances to make good picks. As I said the teams talent pool of young players is thin. It's getting better but it is nowhere near where it needs to be and trading away 3 second rounders and a kid like Shinkaruk makes no sense. Every team has guys like Stecher. There's no way he could be flipped for a 2nd in this years draft.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
This. Mick, have a look at Burrows' stats when he was 28/29 and riding shotgun wit the Sedins. Hansen is a poor-man's Burrows.

Also, what happens when we sign a big-name UFA ,or Sutter returns to the wing on the Sedin line? Hansen drops back into a 2nd/3rd line roll, and his points inevitably drop to that 15G/30-ish point level. Is that irreplaceable? Absolutely not.
First, quit quoting ages, it doesn't mean everything but if you must, when Burrows racked up his points, you might want to consider that the twins were 4 to 6 years younger too, hello?
Had Doc said Burrows was as good as Hansen, I would agree but that's not what he said.
Higgins better than Hansen? lol lol lol . Not in anyone's lifetime.
Inevitably drop, why? Age? Doubt it.
Does more for the team than points anyways, but you should know that.
Is that irreplaceable? Well, no, I suppose you could fluke out and find a way or pay 4 to 6 mill a year for it, and that's a maybe and that doesn't guarantee a player that gets along with all team mates, in particular, the youth.
:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: Get together with Doc and turn this on... :mrgreen:
"evolution"
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

micky107 wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:
Strangelove wrote:

Also, what happens when we sign a big-name UFA ,or Sutter returns to the wing on the Sedin line? Hansen drops back into a 2nd/3rd line roll, and his points inevitably drop to that 15G/30-ish point level. Is that irreplaceable? Absolutely not.
First, quit quoting ages, it doesn't mean everything but if you must, when Burrows racked up his points, you might want to consider that the twins were 4 to 6 years younger too, hello?
Had Doc said Burrows was as good as Hansen, I would agree but that's not what he said.
Higgins better than Hansen? lol lol lol . Not in anyone's lifetime.
Inevitably drop, why? Age? Doubt it.
Does more for the team than points anyways, but you should know that.
Is that irreplaceable? Well, no, I suppose you could fluke out and find a way or pay 4 to 6 mill a year for it, and that's a maybe and that doesn't guarantee a player that gets along with all team mates, in particular, the youth.
:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: Get together with Doc and turn this on... :mrgreen:
Yeah,i'd say Hansen is just hitting his stride. Whether Burrows was better than Hansen is subjective as the stats are only part of the picture and Hansen still has some great years in him.
When i hear Benning explaining why he wants Dorsett on the team i think Hansen is probably a player he (and alot of GMs) value very highly. And let's not forget how hard it has been to find someone who fits in with the Sedins. Other than Burrows & Carter no one has fit in with the twins.
Having said all that, I believe Benning would pull the trigger on a deal, but the return would have to be significant.

Wrong thread,but it is where it is :D
Rayxor
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rayxor »

Mr.Miyagi wrote: I think McCann will be on the wing, he almost has to be, no? You bring up a good point, though.
That would make sense for now. His faceoff numbers were horrible, something like 35%, which was by far the worse % on a team that did poorly in the dot overall.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

RoyalDude wrote:I guess signing one of the big name UFA forwards will have an affect on whether we trade Hansen or not, but it makes sense to trade him for picks.
Only if we get fair market value picks. Hansen is worth a lot more than his $2.5 million cap hit, so a trade needs to reflect that.
Horvat is going to get a massive pay cheque soon. Tying up big bucks in a 30 something Hansen reeks of an ugly retirement contract similar to Burrows and Higgins.
I don't see him getting a huge bump in pay 2 years from now. Hansen will be getting kinda old by then.
Also if you are trading Hansen at the draft you better be sure you're chances are better than excellent in landing one of the big name UFA forwards a week later. A gamble move to say the least
True Dat. If we trade Hansen, and do not get a good UFA, we'll be looking at the Twins, Sutter, Burr and Dorset as our veterans. Kinda thin, and I like Dorsey, but not as the leader/mentor kinda guy.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

micky107 wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
micky107 wrote: Trading Hansen for second or third picks is stupid, real stupid.
I haven't seen anyone around here who would be happy with a 3rd lately. :?

Maybe a year ago?

Which of course is the point: SELL HIGH
micky107 wrote: He is not old and plays even younger, (eyes wide open).
*knocks on Micky's forehead*

UMMMMMM... "transitioning to a younger core"... remember?? :evil: :twisted: :evil:

Don't trade him now... and soon folks will be saying: "We should've traded him while he had value!"

All players age, and Hansen is on the wrong side of 30... (30 + 3 months) :mex:
micky107 wrote: Never be like Higgins or Burrows! Watch the games!

WDF!! :lol:
Well now, boy, if this is your idea of "fucking destroying me", I am laughing... :lol:
It has become ferociously clear to me know, you know very little but have learned, over many eons, how to post as though you do. Ha ha ha! I see through the Saran Wrap.
It's like when you get a huge box for Christmas, open it and find a smaller box, then a smaller and smaller, finally getting your gift, a pea.
You should take that pea, plant it and GROW A FUCKING BRAIN!!
Better yet, why don't you try actually watching the N.H.L. Vancouver Canucks Hockey Team's games, in their entirety. They say humans don't learn things well as they age but couldn't you at least try? I mean just a bit.

I could take the time and effort to point out to you why your wrong but why bother.
You will just carry on with your witty little, I mean attempted witty, grab a sentence, here and there, posts anyways. Have fun with that.
Rip away bud, I aint goin anywhaere.. :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:
Mickey Mouse just took a crap on Strangloves chest.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Wids has popcorn...get her to pass it down....lol
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Mr.Miyagi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Mr.Miyagi »

The more I think about it the more I like this trade. I'm pretty sure I would have loved it had I just stayed off Twitter lol

The 33rd overall stings ... but a previous poster said it best when they mentioned that only about 50% of 2nd rounders end up playing in the league full-time. And only about 20% of Mike Gillis' first rounders do :D
In Okinawa, all Miyagi know two things: hockey and karate.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Dis gon be gud (pulls up a chair)... :drink:
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Mr.Miyagi wrote:The more I think about it the more I like this trade. I'm pretty sure I would have loved it had I just stayed off Twitter lol

The 33rd overall stings ... but a previous poster said it best when they mentioned that only about 50% of 2nd rounders end up playing in the league full-time. And only about 20% of Mike Gillis' first rounders do :D
Actually...33.3% see a 100 games...plus EG was a #3 pick himself
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

rats19 wrote:
Mr.Miyagi wrote:The more I think about it the more I like this trade. I'm pretty sure I would have loved it had I just stayed off Twitter lol

Actually...33.3% see a 100 games...plus EG was a #3 pick himself
That stat is pretty misleading on it's own too. 100 games is not much of a benchmark. Signing a 2nd contract is a better litmus test to see if a pick turned into a significant NHL player or not. Not perfect, but better.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!