Canucks News and Notes 2016/17

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2016/17

Post by Island Nucklehead »

$4M on Miller or $2.5M on a journeyman UFA. Neither will have significant impact on the teams performance.

Given his age, it's more important to go year-to-year than the total cap hit.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Lol I ain't upset in the least. I and a handful of others bring balance to this place and give it some credibility unlike the guzzlers who are making spectacles of themselves sucking Elmer's pipe dry.
Backasswards!!

The handful of Benning fans in this Corner are bringing some balance to Canuckdom in general.

You Benning haters are a dime-a-dozen in this can't-handle-a-rebuild world!

And it has been duly noted that you can't deny your love for Big Ears...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

More lies from the board liar.
When getting your ass handed to you proclaim people can't handle a rebuild. Call people who dislike half of Elmer's moves Benning haters. Keep on keepin on , you are as predictable as ever.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Strangelove wrote: You Benning haters are a dime-a-dozen in this can't-handle-a-rebuild world!
Benning haters have been the ones calling for the rebuild.

Up until recently, the Benning gobblers have been saying it wasn't required.

Now that Benning has admitted the rebuild, the Benning gobblers are changing the story. :thumbs:
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Who is the improving 27 yr old goalie?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:More lies from the board liar.
When getting your ass handed to you proclaim people can't handle a rebuild. Call people who dislike half of Elmer's moves Benning haters. Keep on keepin on , you are as predictable as ever.
Holy false reality Batman! :lol:

I've been dragging you around town, chained to the backend of my truthmobile, for the longest while.

Every time I hit a bump in the road I can hear you holler "OUCH" or "Liar" or "Winning"!

Lmao you need a month or three off to try to pull yourself together. :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Strangelove wrote: You Benning haters are a dime-a-dozen in this can't-handle-a-rebuild world!
Benning haters have been the ones calling for the rebuild.

Up until recently, the Benning gobblers have been saying it wasn't required.

Now that Benning has admitted the rebuild, the Benning gobblers are changing the story.
Some of us have been calling this a "rebuild" for at least two years now ("Try to focus on _ yrs from now")

I think some, like ESQ, started calling it a rebuild 4 years ago with GMMG's trading of Cory Schneider.

But cute little reality you have created for yourself there bro. :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lol rebuilding teams don't hand five and six year deals to average players like a Sutter and Eriksson

Elmer ( and yourself and the dude fwiw )thought this was a playoff team the last two years. He thinks only injuries kept them out of the post season.
Rocky Dennis
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rocky Dennis »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:For the life of me I can't understand why you would choose a declining 37 year old goalie over an improving 27 year old goalie if you are in a rebuild.
Gotta call you out on this one. Why does Markstrom have room to improve at 27 but with less than a year difference in age, Sutter is what he is? Im not saying youre wrong - just wondering what the distinction is when they are pretty much the same age.
I really liked what I saw from Miller last year but put me in the camp of his play didnt do anything to get us higher than 29th spot. So I would be fine going markstrom and bachman (or whoever) next year. I mean is 30th or 31st that much worse? At the same time if Miller is back, which i think he will be, it doesnt bother me much either unless its too much term. $ im not too concerned about unless it hinders the team taking cap dump contracts for assets, which tbey havent shown any real appetite for to this point. I also dont want to see Bennings penchant to negotiate against himself and overpay in instances where he should have the hammer in contract negotiations. At this time I dont think Miller has many options at all.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Elmer ( and yourself and the dude fwiw )thought this was a playoff team the last two years. He thinks only injuries kept them out of the post season.
O RLY?

Try to get a grip Blobby! :D

And try to focus on 1-2 years from now...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Aye aye captain! Any ideas who the next GM is ?
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Aye aye captain! Any ideas who the next GM is ?
Kind of hard to think about the year 2037.

David Poile going on 20 years with the Preds, lets get some stability in Vancouver for once shall we?

Let Benning draft/work this squad, as he inherited a rough situation to begin with - stuck with the Sedins in their golden years for a few years till their inevitable retirement.

He just needs a young game breaker to add to Horvat so those two can take over the team after the Sedins sail off to the Sweden sunset.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote:
:lol: :thumbs: :lol:

Hang in there Blobcat!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote:

David Poile going on 20 years with the Preds, lets get some stability in Vancouver for once shall we?

Let Benning draft/work this squad, as he inherited a rough situation to begin with - stuck with the Sedins in their golden years for a few years till their inevitable retirement.

He just needs a young game breaker to add to Horvat so those two can take over the team after the Sedins sail off to the Sweden sunset.
Lol at Skyo. Stability is earned not given
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Rocky Dennis wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:For the life of me I can't understand why you would choose a declining 37 year old goalie over an improving 27 year old goalie if you are in a rebuild.
Gotta call you out on this one. Why does Markstrom have room to improve at 27 but with less than a year difference in age, Sutter is what he is? Im not saying youre wrong - just wondering what the distinction is when they are pretty much the same age.
I really liked what I saw from Miller last year but put me in the camp of his play didnt do anything to get us higher than 29th spot. So I would be fine going markstrom and bachman (or whoever) next year. I mean is 30th or 31st that much worse? At the same time if Miller is back, which i think he will be, it doesnt bother me much either unless its too much term. $ im not too concerned about unless it hinders the team taking cap dump contracts for assets, which tbey havent shown any real appetite for to this point. I also dont want to see Bennings penchant to negotiate against himself and overpay in instances where he should have the hammer in contract negotiations. At this time I dont think Miller has many options at all.
My guess is the difference in position played. Goalies develop later, and then NHL games played is a factor. Sutter has played a shit ton more than Markstrom and at this point experience is not going to change his skill and ability. Markstrom still has room to grow via experience.