Canucks News and Notes 2016/17

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2016/17

Post by Strangelove »

Knucklehead wrote: You can be anyone you want on the internet.
I cannot understand why so many decide to be obnoxious assholes!
That would make for a great sig, someone tell Topper! :thumbs:

BTW, pretty sure most people on the internet would like to be the Great Strangelove

(especially you Knucklehead)

... but sadly, they can't.

You're off-topic Knucklehead, two demerit points for you...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

http://dailyhive.com/vancouver/canucks- ... dence-poll

Interesting article, NHL fans have least confidence in JB and Trev.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:http://dailyhive.com/vancouver/canucks- ... dence-poll

Interesting article, NHL fans have least confidence in JB and Trev.
What the hell is dailyhive?

Who cares, nuck fans are too used to winning and don't understand that you can retool on the fly. I do agree about Cap management is a concern.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Jim locks up the clubs last two RFA's. Both Pedan and Grenier locked up to one year, two-way deals.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Jim quietly gets it done. Being two ways I imagine the NHL salaries will be palatable.

Looking over General Fanager, we have 4.2m in cap space. That's with 13 forwards, Virtanen and Gaunce included and 7 Dmen, including Biega. No cap listed for Pedan so let's assume $850,000 for argument sake. That gives us about 4.2 in cap, give or take.

Now I assume the Canucks want Larsen and Rodin on the team. I further imagine that that would mean either Gaunce or Virtanen would be in Utica to make room, adding about $250,000 to the cap.

On D I imagine Larson would replace either Biega or Pedan adding another $1m to the cap.

That gives us 2 goalies, 8 D, 13 forwards and about 3.0-3.2 in cap.

We are still well positioned to add a gritty winger but depending upon cap would need to move out some cap. We could add another forward and send both Gaunce and Virtanen to Utica. We could lose a D man and still ice 8 D men with NHL experience.

We could take a bad contract for some picks, if we also trade cap. So Benning has some options left to complete the team. Personally, in the absence of landing that top six gritty forward I'd rather Benning stand pat and see if something comes along when camps close and rosters have to be set. And given we are playoff bound :mrgreen: it would be nice to have some cap to add at the deadline. Of course if we are not playoff bound it would be nice to have cap to take a couple of bad expiring contracts from playoff teams that need room.
Last edited by Hockey Widow on Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The only HW the Canucks need
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Hockey Widow wrote:Jim quietly gets it done. Being two ways I imagine the NHL salaries will be palatable.
Yes, for this club and others.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

BladesofSteel wrote:Jim locks up the clubs last two RFA's. Both Pedan and Grenier locked up to one year, two-way deals.
Link?

Don't see it on TSN but then since it does not have TO players they are probably still trying to spell the names.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Cdc. No numbers, just what I posted.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Reefer2 wrote:
BladesofSteel wrote:Jim locks up the clubs last two RFA's. Both Pedan and Grenier locked up to one year, two-way deals.
Link?

Don't see it on TSN but then since it does not have TO players they are probably still trying to spell the names.
http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=889528
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Alexandre Grenier (#Canucks)
1 yr two-way @ $600,000
$575,000 NHL salary
$25,000 signing bonus
$125,000 AHLhttp://www.generalfanager.com/players/1868

Andrey Pedan (#Canucks)
1 yr two-way @ $700,000
$100,000 AHLhttp://www.generalfanager.com/players/1892
4:48 PM - 19 Jul 2016

Grenier gets a slight increase in his NHL salary and a little bigger increase in his AHL salary. Pedan takes a bigger cut from his NHL salary but an increase in his AHL salary. Bottom line, if they stick with the Canucks they'll make less than last year. I figured Grenier around $800,000 at the NHL and Pedan closer to a million. But as others same, it's that extra little bit on every contract that adds up :mrgreen:
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Canucks close to a contract on Juolevi. Want him locked up and focused on making the big club. Although they still expect him back in London. No rush in my mind getting it done but if it's there, do it. Takes away the negative press some on the more mainstream media want to throw into the mix.
gobi
MVP
MVP

Post by gobi »

Hockey Widow wrote:Canucks close to a contract on Juolevi.
When Juolevi signs, this should put even more pressure on the leaves to sign Mathews. The optics won't be good when the #1 pick should be the easiest contract but end up being the last one to sign.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

gobi wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Canucks close to a contract on Juolevi.
When Juolevi signs, this should put even more pressure on the leaves to sign Mathews. The optics won't be good when the #1 pick should be the easiest contract but end up being the last one to sign.
I think Lou is immune to that kind of pressure. Either way, no excuse for them not to have a deal done with Matthews. He'll get what he wants (max rookie deal like McDavid), and Lou will say "special player, special circumstances, won't affect our future policies".
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

Knucklehead wrote:
You can be anyone you want on the internet.

Assholism is a disease according to the American Society of Assholes (also known as the Republican Party) and is untreatable. A genuine asshole can be hidden from view but the smell gives them away. They can fake for a while but then make some crack that identifies them quickly. They are often the butt of jokes and are known for cheeky responses to serious questions. Finally, in the end, they give themselves away in a hole hearted manner.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

damonberryman wrote:Knucklehead wrote:
You can be anyone you want on the internet.

Assholism is a disease according to the American Society of Assholes (also known as the Republican Party) and is untreatable. A genuine asshole can be hidden from view but the smell gives them away. They can fake for a while but then make some crack that identifies them quickly. They are often the butt of jokes and are known for cheeky responses to serious questions. Finally, in the end, they give themselves away in a hole hearted manner.
So then, what the hell is a Hillary?
"evolution"