Canucks News and Notes 2016/17

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2016/17

Post by Hockey Widow »

Well he won't be at camp since he's already signed in the KHL. You're right of course, the right contract could have solved everything. Benning should have offered him 8 years at 7 million per. That may have done it, right?

By all accounts the Canucks opening offer was a two year deal, no idea on amount. The Trymakin side made no counter offer. Just told the Canucks he was going home. And yes, by all accounts the Canucks knew this was a possibility.

But let's ignore what we know and just make something up. Trymakin didn't like how he was treated. He doesn't like the rough game. Didn't like being called out for not fighting. He's a 22 year old boy in a big mans body and had a difficult time adjusting to being here, or maybe it was adjusting to being away from home. But we can lay it all at the feet of Benning.
The only HW the Canucks need
TDA Rum
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by TDA Rum »

Dan Murphy‏Verified account @sportsnetmurph 16h16 hours ago
More
Am told #canucks offer to Tryamkin was at the high end of what comparables were.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

If he doesn't like the rough game, then maybe all those dreams we have of him becoming the next Chara are just that. Dreams.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

So with TryMyNapkin bailing on the rebuild...do we reset the focal point from 2 to 3 years to closer to 4 to 5 years from now?
If you need air...call it in
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

Uncle dans leg wrote:So with TryMyNapkin bailing on the rebuild...do we reset the focal point from 2 to 3 years to closer to 4 to 5 years from now?
I'm planning a poll on that question, but thought it would be more fair to wait until after the draft, when we know more of what's coming.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

We don't actually know anything! Not for sure.
We do know about the videos.
"Boy. Watch da movie. Play like dat man! Den you get ice.

Of course referring to the Chris Pronger videos the Canucks thought it wise to teach Nikita with.
Who does something that stupid ?

I bring up my son again because, next to Horvat, Tryamkin was his favorite player. But now, he blames him for this. Calls him a baby and immature. Now says he's got a lot to learn and on and on!

I find it hilarious that everyone around this town, as more hours go by, are developing that same attitude.
I ask him why are you turning on a favorite player?
He says: Because I want to root for my home team and that's all that matters.

I say, management dropped the ball on this one and it's a big step backward.
But hey, I still like Kesler too.
"evolution"
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Uncle dans leg wrote:So with TryMyNapkin bailing on the rebuild...do we reset the focal point from 2 to 3 years to closer to 4 to 5 years from now?
I don't think it will slow down by any appreciable measure. Yes, having Tree back there would help, but we still have
Edler Stetcher
Hutton Tanev
Sbisa - Gudbranson
Biega

With Jolevi, Brisbois, Pedan and Subban lurking.

I understand we are likely to lose Sbisa to expansion (although I would still expose Edler - I like how that isn gaining traction around here as a possibility!!), Biega is a servicable #7-8 defenceman, and Subban and Pedan are fringers at best. Joulevi And Brisbois are tryouts (Joulevi <might> Have the stuff to mKe the team) we are simply looking to fund a player who is in that 22-28 year old range who can play 16-18 minutes of hard physical hockey. That guys costs about 2million a year, depending on the intangibles he brings. This guy bumps Biega out of the top 6 (rightfully so) and we are all good again.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Ronning's Ghost wrote:
I'm planning a poll on that question, but thought it would be more fair to wait until after the draft, when we know more of what's coming.
Id say they have this draft plus the next 2 as top 5 lottery teams before they'll be able to acquire a legitimate top line. Coupled with the past 5 years of being garbage thats approaching the much ridiculed 10 year rebuild in coilerville.
Guess we better stop laughing at them now
If you need air...call it in
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Madcombinepilot wrote:
With Jolevi, Brisbois, Pedan and Subban lurking.

we are simply looking to fund a player who is in that 22-28 year old range who can play 16-18 minutes of hard physical hockey. That guys costs about 2million a year, depending on the intangibles he brings.
Pedan can be the guy. I still don't understand why WD never gave Pedan a chance when he was called up. :mad:
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Dahlen signed to a 3 year ELC..
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

rats19 wrote:Dahlen signed to a 3 year ELC..
https://canucksarmy.com/2017/04/21/canu ... -contract/

Nice, in all likelihood Dahlen will play a year in Utica to prepare for the NA game.

Hope the new Comets coach gives him lots of ice time to flourish.

Dahlen - center - Virtanen top line for Utica 2017/18 I'm wishin.

*update* he has a european clause if he doesn't make the Canucks next season.
Dahlen has the option or going back to Sweden next year or go to Utica if he doesn't make the #Canucks, the European clause.
Last edited by SKYO on Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

micky107 wrote: Nope; Don't buy any of this soap opera garbage.
No matter how you slice it, it is a soap opera (and Soapy wants to drop the soap). :)
micky107 wrote: Maybe all contributing factors but it should and IMO, could have been worked out.
Coulda shoulda woulda... Russian players tend to play in Russia.

(at least until they become big-minutes big-bucks guys)

But hey it's your right to believe in the Easter Bunny and that "it could have been worked out".
micky107 wrote: A wing and a prayer hope that a better Tryamkin comes back in two or three years is NOT genius!!!! :evil:
Don't you get it man?!!

He'll be exempt from the 2019 Expansion Draft! :mex:

G E N I U S
micky107 wrote: Even Blob is giving a pass to management on this. :shock:
Blob has turned from the Dark Side.
micky107 wrote: I think the virtual silence from the team today means they are in total damage control mode.
Nope, Benning gave an interview yesterday afternoon:

https://twitter.com/Canucks/status/855169533371236352

(he doesn't mention the 2019 Expansion Draft for obvious reasons) :wink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

I just hope the 2019 expansion draft doesn't turn out to be a relocation with the Canucks on the wrong end of it.

You know I'm joking right ?
"evolution"
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

One of the reasons I think Sutter would be a good choice for coach is he seems to know how to turn tougher players into NHLers. I think he would be the best coach to find useful roles for guys like Pedan and Virtanen, something the Canucks old coaches probably wouldn't have been able to do. Sutter is good with getting tough players playing roles they can handle.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

5thhorseman wrote:If he doesn't like the rough game, then maybe all those dreams we have of him becoming the next Chara are just that. Dreams.
When they show him tape of Pronger over and over to try to get him to be more Prongerish and he feels uncomfortable, like that's not his game.....

When he gets called out for not fighting or stepping up to protect his teammates.....

I think we all saw, probably said, we wanted him to bang more. We drooled at the idea of him becoming a more complete hitter, lowering the boom. Problem is, he didn't see it that way. Sure he can hit and will. But he didn't want to be a Pronger. Thus his dislike of Lidster.

But since both Lidster and WD are gone I think he uses this as an excuse to justify going home.
The only HW the Canucks need