Canucks News and Notes 2016/17

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2016/17

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote:A 3rd and a 7th AND re-sign Lack. Now that's genius!!
Exactly. :D

And if Carolina doesn't buyout Eddie, we make them retain on the salary. :twisted:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

FFE ESQ those guys ( Gudbranson and Grit & Balls ) were fucking cap dumps. Only Elmer came calling when they were offered around the league. Sutter = Bonino at best. Clendenning was garbage. Pitt should have given Elmer a 3rd for taking the higher salary player who was BY NO MEANS better than Bonino. Elmer felt the need to piss away a pick. Gudbranson is an overpaid #5 who was on a team on a strict budget.Mccan who was a good prospect and a 4th gets that deal done but Elmer had to crap out a HIGH 2nd in a good draft.

I've given credit when the guy makes good moves but you inbreds are unwilling to even think he has overpaid MULTIPLE FUCKING TIMES.

Lmao at the inbred fest here . You guys are as bad as Bingo and his mongoes
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:You guys are as bad as Bingo and his mongoes
Ahhh, there's your problem, Calpuck + alcohol = damage done. :(

Change your ways Blobbers! REPENT!!!
____
Try to focus on someday.
griz
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by griz »

There's been little to no discussion about Rodin. If healthy, I wonder if he'll make the team next year? If he can pick up where he left off overseas he could be a real keeper! Dahlen Petterson Rodin anyone?

Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

[quote="griz"]There's been little to no discussion about Rodin. If healthy, I wonder if he'll make the team next year? If he can pick up where he left off overseas he could be a real keeper! Dahlen Petterson Rodin anyone?

I'd like to see Rodin back. When he could play, he impressed.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Ya it's hard to find any current news on Rodin. Maybe Per has some??
The only HW the Canucks need
TDA Rum
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by TDA Rum »

Hockey Widow wrote:Ya it's hard to find any current news on Rodin. Maybe Per has some??
Rick Dhaliwal‏ @DhaliwalSports 9h9 hours ago
More
Been told the #Canucks are still talking with UFA F Anton Rodin about a new deal. Free agency just 3 days away.
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Thanks, TDA.

Sure hope that they can sign him. Still feel like we haven't actually got to see what he is capable of with that injury last year. Would be quite a shame if he turned out to be a legit NHL capable player (out of the few drafted by Gillis) and he went to another team for nothing.
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Boy, Trev and JB sure luv their shimps/dinky forwards. So they're talking with Rodin to bring him back, but they're talking to Jordan Weal and Sam Gagner as well. :cry:

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/audio/linden-ga ... s-1.791800
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

I cannot believe the support in this town on bringing back that smiley-faced goof Lack back.
Worst choice available. Has too good a friendship with Markstrom.
Isn't very talented.
Breaks down easily.
What, keep the room laughing? Right, I'm laughing. (not really).
I'm sorry to see Miller go, if that's what happens. Smart guy, a lot of wisdom.

Don't hold onto hopes that Rodin is going to become something. Not going to happen.

I also would never be penciling in Pedan on any starting line-up rosters.
He is a career minor league player and always will be. Maybe good for an emergency call-up when decimated
with injuries.

Don't involve Granlund in any trades, please! His career is on what I call, the quick rise, and IMO, could be the biggest surprise to most this coming season. I predict 60 plus points.
"evolution"
Rocky Dennis
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rocky Dennis »

micky107 wrote:Don't involve Granlund in any trades, please! His career is on what I call, the quick rise, and IMO, could be the biggest surprise to most this coming season. I predict 60 plus points.
Would love to see it but don't think it's plausible. That would take an almost 100% increase in production on an already respectable 32points. IIRC He was playing a decent amount with Bo Baer and the Sedins, at least during the latter part the season. At his size I think banking on him playing around the same number of games is a safe bet. So I don't see where such a drastic upswing comes from especially if Boeser starts eating up primetime wing minutes. For me, a modest increase from .46ppg to get to the 40 point mark and chiselling down that -19 would be huge for him.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Genius dealt Eddie Lack for a 3rd and a 7th. The worst goalie in the league according to Canes coach
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

micky107 wrote:I cannot believe the support in this town on bringing back that smiley-faced goof Lack back.
Worst choice available. Has too good a friendship with Markstrom.
Isn't very talented.
Breaks down easily.
What, keep the room laughing? Right, I'm laughing. (not really).
I'm sorry to see Miller go, if that's what happens. Smart guy, a lot of wisdom.

Don't hold onto hopes that Rodin is going to become something. Not going to happen.

I also would never be penciling in Pedan on any starting line-up rosters.
He is a career minor league player and always will be. Maybe good for an emergency call-up when decimated
with injuries.

Don't involve Granlund in any trades, please! His career is on what I call, the quick rise, and IMO, could be the biggest surprise to most this coming season. I predict 60 plus points.

Genius dealt Gillis 2013 first round pick - Shrinkcarrot for Granlund (scored 20 goals with a broken wrist)
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:Boy, Trev and JB sure luv their shimps/dinky forwards. So they're talking with Rodin to bring him back, but they're talking to Jordan Weal and Sam Gagner as well. :cry:

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/audio/linden-ga ... s-1.791800
Rodin deserve a proper shot, don't mind Weal. Gagner no
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Rocky Dennis wrote:
micky107 wrote:Don't involve Granlund in any trades, please! His career is on what I call, the quick rise, and IMO, could be the biggest surprise to most this coming season. I predict 60 plus points.
Would love to see it but don't think it's plausible. That would take an almost 100% increase in production on an already respectable 32points. IIRC He was playing a decent amount with Bo Baer and the Sedins, at least during the latter part the season. At his size I think banking on him playing around the same number of games is a safe bet. So I don't see where such a drastic upswing comes from especially if Boeser starts eating up primetime wing minutes. For me, a modest increase from .46ppg to get to the 40 point mark and chiselling down that -19 would be huge for him.
It's called, hockey insight, big fella.
If I recall, you like to make bets :idea:

At least that would be more entertaining, to myself, than trying to explain my methodology in predicting
a player's commodities he will be delivering.
"evolution"