Canucks News and Notes 2016/17

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2016/17

Post by Hockey Widow »

They also have to meet the expansion draft criteria of two forwards with "x" number of games. I won't be surprised to see Chaput signed as well. Dorsett, although exposed, may not qualify as one of the two due to his injury status.

Megna is Utica fodder and his contract won't touch our cap if he is waived. This is not a surprise given expansion requirements, in fact it was predicted that they would need to do this. And no, Sutter won't be exposed.
The only HW the Canucks need
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

^ Good points Wids.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hockey Widow wrote:They also have to meet the expansion draft criteria of two forwards with "x" number of games. I won't be surprised to see Chaput signed as well. Dorsett, although exposed, may not qualify as one of the two due to his injury status.

Megna is Utica fodder and his contract won't touch our cap if he is waived. This is not a surprise given expansion requirements, in fact it was predicted that they would need to do this. And no, Sutter won't be exposed.
Sutter and Chaput would have sufficed.lol that Megna won't be here next season. Burrows and Hansen are gone and Dorsett is likely done. This team will be worse and thinner next year. Megna is in the top 9.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:They also have to meet the expansion draft criteria of two forwards with "x" number of games. I won't be surprised to see Chaput signed as well. Dorsett, although exposed, may not qualify as one of the two due to his injury status.

Sutter and Chaput would have sufficed.lol that Megna won't be here next season. Burrows and Hansen are gone and Dorsett is likely done. This team will be worse and thinner next year. Megna is in the top 9.

Ya but you missed the point that Sutter won't be exposed.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

And you missed the point that he should be. :drink:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:And you missed the point that he should be. :drink:
No Blob, I get it, loud and clear. You want him exposed and would love it for Vegas to select him. Stranger things have happened I guess.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Miller fits well on this team, it's a good fit moving forward the next couple years anyway. Two years @ $4M per extension.

Trade Markstrom or even just let Vegas have him.

Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

SKYO wrote:Miller fits well on this team, it's a good fit moving forward the next couple years anyway. Two years @ $4M per extension.

Trade Markstrom or even just let Vegas have him.

I think they are talking seriously to Miller but have to be non-committal publically due to expansion draft hanky panky rules.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sutter and Chaput would have sufficed.lol that Megna won't be here next season. Burrows and Hansen are gone and Dorsett is likely done. This team will be worse and thinner next year. Megna is in the top 9.
Umm yeahno, Megna won't be in the top 9 next year...

BTW if you could find it within yourself to stop whining about rebuild pain it would be greatly appreciated.
____
Try to focus on someday.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

I've really grown to respect Miller over the duration of his stay. He comes to play every night, flies under the radar, and is a good influence on the young'ins.

I would have no issue with a two-year extension + limited NTC. He's lived up to his contract, and management have proven they will cater to vets that have payed their dues. It's win-win for both sides.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote: Trade Markstrom or even just let Vegas have him.
Yeah, let's expose Tardmask!

*looks at Bubbles* 8-)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Lol...

Tiger Williams: Trevor Linden 'the worst guy' to run Canucks
Ian McLaren Apr 7, 2017 2:26 PM
A former member of the Vancouver Canucks does not think highly of current team president Trevor Linden.

Speaking on TSN 1040 on Friday, Williams - who played five seasons with the Canucks in the early 1980s - said anyone but Linden would be a better choice to lead the club into the future.

"You know, Linden was loved by all the fans in the Lower Mainland and in British Columbia, but he's the worst guy you could have running the Vancouver Canucks," Williams said, per TSN. "He's had no experience, and to throw him into that job that was a bad decision by the ownership group and it's still a bad decision.

"If the ownership group, if they don't know what they're doing either, they're hiring the wrong people, then you've really got an issue. And I think they've really got an issue."

Williams then lauded head coach Willie Desjardins as a winner, adding the team's failures over the past few seasons boil down to Linden's inexperience and ownership's decision to put him in charge.

The Canucks currently sit 29th in the NHL after finishing 28th a year ago, while Linden - who played 16 seasons with the Canucks - has served as president of hockey operations since April of 2014.

Williams appeared in 962 career NHL games with the Canucks, Toronto Maple leaves, Detroit Red Wings, Los Angeles Kings, and the Hartford Whalers.

Taken from The Score app
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

^ I heard the interview, Tiger is old and drunk, Linden is a figurehead.

Also Tiger said Canucks will be a top team in 3 years...
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Are you sure that wasn't the canuckscorner tiger. :p
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Benning:

Working on a one year deal for Gudbranson so the Canucks can get a better look at what he brings. Realizes this takes him to UFA status but has not seen enough of him to warrant a huge FA type contract. I think this also speaks volumes about the unexpected emergence of players like Hutton, Trymakin and Stetcher, with Juolevi in the wings.

If Gudbranson has a smoken hot year next year, whatever that looks like, it could cost us. If he is average and the team still sucks he could be decent trade bait at the TDD.

I like the move by Benning, the often critiqued guy who over pays on term and cap. :mrgreen:

Working on a new deal for Bo. Favours a shorter bridge deal but too early to predict. Fully expects a deal will get done early summer, if not sooner. The affair won't drag out.