E2016 Playoffs Round One

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: E2016 Playoffs Round One

Post by SKYO »

Hockey Widow wrote:Dan Boyle sounds off on Larry Brooks. One can only marine what Brooks asked him to spark this. Wonder if this leads to a gay fine for Boyle.

brooks the sean avery of reporters.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Strangelove wrote: You're not following any of this... at all. :hmmm:

Why would those teams pay out those MASSIVE amounts if it was a reasonable option to just LTIR those players
Oh I`m following. The teams had to weight their options and the contracts that were bought out were likely done so because the players game had already diminished to the point at which they were no longer playing to their cap hit. And it would only get worse as the years went on, the possibility of having a cap recapture penalty wasn't worth the contract in the present.

Luongo's contract is different, he's still playing above his contract value (again arguably). And could for the foreseeable future. The Canucks decided the chance at a possible cap recapture penalty was worth not buying out the contract.

Do I thing they are hedging their bets on Luo going on LTIR, likely not! It would be a pleasant surprise and would help both the Canucks and the Panthers (because they never spend to the cap and even if they finally did the LTIR would allow them to exceed it). Really just going over make-believe scenarios here.

However, Luo could easily suffer from fibromyalgia later in his career that causes him to shutdown websites and go crazy buying a lime green Mazda3. It's nearly impossible to diagnose whether or not that disease even exists, some docs refer to it as the fake disease! Something to fall back on when you can't actually figure out what wrong. ;)
Strangelove wrote: Why would a guy like Luongo open himself up to possible insurance fraud?
He might not, probably just hopeful thinking. Cough *fibromyalgia* cough

In reality, the NHL should realize what a crock of shit it is to move the goalposts after they approved a contract and then decide they'll punish those contracts later on. Doubtful though!
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Aaron I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia several years ago. It is real although it manifests itself differently in each individual. There are days I can barely move my legs and the pain is intolerable. Other days everything just hurts like hell, like a bad headache throughout my body. Never mind the difficulties sleeping more tha four hours at a time, the constant fatigue, the cognitive problems and it can get worse. Medical science has yet to find a explanation and because of that some doctors still cling to the idea that if it can't be tested for it does not exist. History is full of such conditions, the dark age of thinking I call it.

Fibromyalgia is no joke. And yes, I am very sensitive to comments about it. Thought I would take the opportunity to educate some folks.
The only HW the Canucks need
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Hockey Widow wrote: Fibromyalgia is no joke. And yes, I am very sensitive to comments about it. Thought I would take the opportunity to educate some folks.
Not my words, orthopedic I know. I'm no doctor!

Quick google search says it's not a new opinion, not saying it's correct.

Also, not discounting that you do suffer and that sucks! I was clearly being tongue in cheek. Happens on the regular.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Aaronp18 wrote:
Strangelove wrote: You're not following any of this... at all. :hmmm:

Why would those teams pay out those MASSIVE amounts if it was a reasonable option to just LTIR those players
Oh I`m following. The teams had to weight their options and the contracts that were bought out were likely done so because the players game had already diminished to the point at which they were no longer playing to their cap hit.
This is true only in the case of Bryz.

Brad Richards was considered an elite centre at the time of his buyout with only a $6.6M cap-hit.

Ehrhoff was still at the top of his game on a mere $4M cap-hit.

Lecavalier (same age as Thornton) was considered a dominant top-6 centre on relatively small $7.7M cap-hit.

The whole reason they brought in the Luongo Rule was to punish teams after enjoying these great cap-hits!
Aaronp18 wrote: And it would only get worse as the years went on, the possibility of having a cap recapture penalty wasn't worth the contract in the present.
See how the bolded part speaks against your "No Probs, Just Chuck em on LTIR Theory"? :mex:

I have been through this argument with others on this board in the past.

The GMs of of those 3 players CBOed blamed the new Luongo Rule as their sole motivation in these CBOs.

I could dig those quotes up, but you'd probably say "GMs lie!"... and I'd be forced to agree. :wink:

Say, have you seen my "Panthers Buyout Lou in 2018, Buh Bye Recapture Penalties Theory"?
____
Try to focus on someday.
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

Wonder what, if anything, Bruce Boudreau is saying during the 2nd int.

Preds up 2-0 with 20 to play...

At least Kesler can enjoy the California sunshine.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Oh man does this feel wonderful. Fuck you Kesler, sorry Kevin.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Hockey Widow wrote:Oh man does this feel wonderful. Fuck you Kesler, sorry Kevin.
My thoughts exactly.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I love seeing Perry and Kesler looking like they are going to cry.

What a great round one. LA out, Chicago out, NYR out, Anaheim out. They should have tanked for a better draft pick.
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

HAHA!

Best part of that final few seconds was Ryan "Going To Anaheim to Win A Cup" Kesler was wide open in the slot with 2 seconds to play and whiffed on the shot - he connects and there's a good probability the puck's in the net.

$7.8 million well spent
Last edited by vic on Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Anaheim sets a record of four consequtive game 7 losses on home ice. Previous record holder, Anaheim at three.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

vic wrote:HAHA!

Best part of that final few seconds was Ryan "Going To Anaheim to Win A Cup" Kesler was wide open in the slot with 2 seconds to play and whiffed on the shot - he connects and there's a good probability the puck's in the net.

$7.8 million well spent

Kesler was arguably their best player and lone goal scorer tonight. Perry zero goals in the series.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Bruce Boudreau is one in eight in game 7's in his coaching career.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

As a matter of interest, Braydon Schenn was suspended 2 games for his hit on Oshie. He will serve his suspension at the start of the regular season.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Love it! The Anaheim Dicks are out. NYR out. Blackcocks out. Queens out.

I hope Rinne talked some smack to Kesler.

And oh yeah, we're going to gain some cap, possibly get a FA or two and add another great prospect to our expanding pool on our way to a quick rebuild/retool. Loving this genius tank ride :mrgreen:
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!