E2016 Playoffs Round One

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: E2016 Playoffs Round One

Post by Strangelove »

Aaronp18 wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Aaronp18 wrote: They weighed the pros and cons and the buyout was the best option.
Right, cuz trying to stash em (eventually) on LTIR wasn't an option.

Which brings us back to... the point. ;)
But if they do suffer from a series of injuries that doesn't enable them to play any longer!?
As I said: "If the doc can't find a provable serious long term injury, they'd have to stick him on the IR or healthy-scratch him... LTIR is much more serious business."

You don't get to stick a player on LTIR for years due to "a series of injuries".

When has this ever happened?
Aaronp18 wrote:
Strangelove wrote: Besides, Lou would have to give up his golfing, partying, and poker-playing.
I can think of a few injuries that wouldn't allow you to play goal at the NHL level but still enable you to do those things.
For years?? Paint me a reasonable scenario around man-about-town Roberto Luongo.
Aaronp18 wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Aaronp18 wrote: Why doesn't Pronger just announce his retirement?
As IN stated, Pronger wouldn't get paid if he retired.
His salary for this season and next season is $575,000. I really don't think getting paid is the reason any longer. He's probably getting paid more than that working for the NHL.
So you want Pronger to just say 'no' to the $575K he has coming to him? Image

Why?

I honestly have no idea what kind of point you are trying to make...
Aaronp18 wrote:
Strangelove wrote: Say, have you seen my "Panthers Buyout Lou and Canucks' Recapture Penalty Goes Poof Theory". :mex:
I hope it happens.
Well it's a lot more likely than Lou getting run over by a truck or whatever.

If Lou's game deteriorates due to a "serious of nagging injuries" (old age?)

... the Panthers would likely not attempt to LTIR him.. the Panthers would likely buy him out.

In the summer of '18 (or '19) actual $$ paid vs buyout cap "penalty" would make lot of sense for a budget team.

Not sure why you are so intent on going down with your ship when I'm offering you free passage. :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

We are never getting out of Lou's deal; NEVER !
Maybe hope Buttman is the one hit by a truck, then maybe............. :mrgreen:
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

I'm telling you Micky... when... the Cats buyout Lou, the Recapture penalty is gone baby gone. :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Strangelove wrote:I'm telling you Micky... when... the Cats buyout Lou, the Recapture penalty is gone baby gone. :mex:
Can I get a hallelujah
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

____
Try to focus on someday.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Strangelove wrote: When has this ever happened?
Well, the point being that we haven't seen contracts like this and then been thrown the cap recapture penalty thrown at the teams after the fact. We saw creative ways to get out of large cap hits, all I'm thinking is that we'll see creative ways to avoid this recapture penalty.

Strangelove wrote: For years?? Paint me a reasonable scenario around man-about-town Roberto Luongo.
Groin strains, knee ligament injuries.
Strangelove wrote: Why?
Why does any player retire then with years still left on their contract? Why would Luongo retire with years still left on his deal when he could (perhaps) go on LTIR if he's suffering from an injury or injuries?
Strangelove wrote:
Not sure why you are so intent on going down with your ship when I'm offering you free passage. :D
Again, hope it happens! Then there's no worry about him retiring and a cap recapture, or convincing the league or insurance company that he just can't play anymore because of nagging injuries.

Seriously, I`ll be the first to give you props if this happens as it does seem like a very reasonable scenario.

:thumbs:
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/mike ... -law-2016/

When the time comes, I think the architect of the contract would be glad to help out, for a small fee of coarse.
League would back-off in a New York minute....................... :mrgreen:
"evolution"