NHL business

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: NHL business

Post by Mickey107 »

"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:05 am "NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman says through their new sponsorships (helmet decals, digital ads, etc.) they've recovered upwards of $100M in revenue."
D. Pagnotta

Also:

"Gary Bettman said, "I do believe we may focus a little more on divisional play going forward" and doesn't expect the current format (re-alignment) to continue.

"Our traditional alignment makes more sense and is more likely (for next season).""

Canucks going back to the Pacific Division! for 2021.

Canucks, Oilers, Flames, Kracken, Knights, Ducks, Kings, Sharks.

AZ moves to the Central.
Thanks Skyo, saves me watching the video lol...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

The new US TV deals are announced, ESPN3 and TNT are in, NBC is out

Ever wonder why Bettman keeps his job? Combine that money with the gambling deals from last year.
The NHL is now earning $655 million per season with its new deals with ESPN paying $430 million per year and TNT paying $225 million per year. Both deals are believed to be for seven years. As a comparison, the NHL received approximately $200 per year for 100% broadcasting rights from NBC.
https://info.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/nb ... ted-states
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Topper wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:58 am The new US TV deals are announced, ESPN3 and TNT are in, NBC is out

Ever wonder why Bettman keeps his job? Combine that money with the gambling deals from last year.
The NHL is now earning $655 million per season with its new deals with ESPN paying $430 million per year and TNT paying $225 million per year. Both deals are believed to be for seven years. As a comparison, the NHL received approximately $200 per year for 100% broadcasting rights from NBC.
Always hire jewish lawyers and accountants if you want to get rich. Its their superpower
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:10 am
Topper wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:58 am The new US TV deals are announced, ESPN3 and TNT are in, NBC is out

Always hire jewish lawyers and accountants if you want to get rich. Its their superpower
Or if you want to make it in Hollywood.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:10 am

and then there is this

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/ideas/how-jesu ... -1.6002421

ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:17 pm
SKYO wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:05 am "NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman says through their new sponsorships (helmet decals, digital ads, etc.) they've recovered upwards of $100M in revenue."
D. Pagnotta

Also:

"Gary Bettman said, "I do believe we may focus a little more on divisional play going forward" and doesn't expect the current format (re-alignment) to continue.

"Our traditional alignment makes more sense and is more likely (for next season).""

Canucks going back to the Pacific Division! for 2021.

Canucks, Oilers, Flames, Kracken, Knights, Ducks, Kings, Sharks.

AZ moves to the Central.
Thanks Skyo, saves me watching the video lol...
So, almost half a billion in new revenue next season just from the U.S.tv rights, plus return to ticket sales, plus a new arena selling out in Seattle.

All of that will affect the cap in 2022/23, right?

Players were smart to refuse the league's attempt at a second clawback on salaries this year.

Three years after that, the Canadian rights are up - and the great news here is that the NHL is abandoning exclusive deals, which should lead to a far better media product in Canada.

Of course, after 12 years of consolidation and layoffs, in typical Canadian fashion our media industry will have atrophied with no development of new talent...but maybe they'll give Bieksa his own show
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

They'll be lucky to make as much in Canada in their next deal as they do in their current one even if they break up the rights. SN overpaid.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ESQ wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:06 am Players were smart to refuse the league's attempt at a second clawback on salaries this year.
Twas always a pay-us-now-or-pay-us-later situation.

(50/50 long-term split)

Twas neither smart nor dumb...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

With the number of lame duck coaches being allowed to run out their tenure, is there collusion among the owners to reign in coaching fees?

ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Funny, wasn't it Aquilini who pushed the coach salaries up with the Torts hire? Now people think he's too cheap/broke to pay for a goalie coach?
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

I think it might have been the Leaves giving the Cock $50 Million over 8 years.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/ca ... lent-year/
Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman and others have reported that some NHL teams are trying to push back salaries for head coaches after the period of inflation that followed the Toronto Maple leaves’ stunning presentation of a $50-million contract to Mike Babcock in 2015.
IMac 2 hours ago...
____
Try to focus on someday.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Strangelove wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:54 pm https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/ca ... lent-year/
Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman and others have reported that some NHL teams are trying to push back salaries for head coaches after the period of inflation that followed the Toronto Maple Leaves’ stunning presentation of a $50-million contract to Mike Babcock in 2015.
IMac 2 hours ago...
Good on brind’amor
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

I've always liked Brindy.
____
Try to focus on someday.