NHL business

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: NHL business

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Puck wrote:Hank joins Trev in the King Clancy club. Nice. I wonder how they decided on Henrik over Daniel? Maybe Dank's penciled-in to win in 2017.
Don't the players on the team each nominate their own candidate (similar to the Masterton)? So the Canucks players voted Hank instead of Dan. RIFT!
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Predators could be in trouble - http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2 ... /86038666/

Their CEO Jeff Cogen left the franchise last year.
Co-owner David Freeman filed a $250 million lawsuit against the hockey franchise and Chairman Tom Cigarran for not informing him about financial statements and failing to honor loan guaranty fees he says are owed to him.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Sportsnet also confirmed it recently laid off five production staff members on its hockey broadcasts, and “less than fourteen” total production and on-air staff. Glenn Healy, P.J. Stock, Billy Jaffe, Chantal Desjardins, Corey Hirsch and Leah Hextall are among the on-air talent who will no longer appear on the network, or on HNIC broadcasts.

ESPN announced that Hextall will be joining its broadcast team for the World Cup of Hockey.

In the wake of the layoffs, Sportsnet intends to reduce the number of regional pre-shows it produces for games across the country. Moore said the station will now focus resources on its weekday Hockey Central 6:30 pm broadcast as a lead-in to regional games.

Rogers has now confirmed McLean will return and Strombo has left the building to pursue creative endeavours. He's apparently on a cross country motorcycle trek in the US.

Edit

This was taken fron the National

http://business.financialpost.com/news/ ... tion-staff
The only HW the Canucks need
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Rogers' leaves 24/7 is now a reality.

How many times can you repeat "Auston Matthews"?
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hank wrote:Rogers' leaves 24/7 is now a reality.

How many times can you repeat "Auston Matthews"?
But I already hate Auston Matthews!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Hockey Widow wrote:Sportsnet also confirmed it recently laid off five production staff members on its hockey broadcasts, and “less than fourteen” total production and on-air staff. Glenn Healy, P.J. Stock, Billy Jaffe, Chantal Desjardins, Corey Hirsch and Leah Hextall are among the on-air talent who will no longer appear on the network, or on HNIC broadcasts.

ESPN announced that Hextall will be joining its broadcast team for the World Cup of Hockey.

In the wake of the layoffs, Sportsnet intends to reduce the number of regional pre-shows it produces for games across the country. Moore said the station will now focus resources on its weekday Hockey Central 6:30 pm broadcast as a lead-in to regional games.

Rogers has now confirmed McLean will return and Strombo has left the building to pursue creative endeavours. He's apparently on a cross country motorcycle trek in the US.

Edit

This was taken fron the National

http://business.financialpost.com/news/ ... tion-staff
Good. I hated Healy. He is a worse homer than Pratt.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Hockey Widow wrote:Glenn Healy, P.J. Stock
That right there is enough to make me happy. Thank you Sportsnet. :mrgreen:
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Zedlee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Zedlee »

BurningBeard wrote:
Yay...I agree. Good riddance. They guy I will miss was Hirsch...I thought he was reasonable and fair.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

can we get any of them to host the morning sports in Vancouver and get rid of the 2 guys doing it now
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Reefer2 wrote:can we get any of them to host the morning sports in Vancouver and get rid of the 2 guys doing it now
Good suggestion..... :P
"evolution"
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Zedlee wrote:
BurningBeard wrote:
Yay...I agree. Good riddance. They guy I will miss was Hirsch...I thought he was reasonable and fair.

He didn't do too many spotlights on non-Caucasian players though ;)
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

AHL. BOG approved to trial two new rule changes. Both could eventually end up in the NHL:

Rule 46 (“Fighting”)/Rule 23 (“Game Misconducts”)
• Players who enter into a fight prior to, at, or immediately following the drop of the puck for a faceoff will be assessed an automatic game misconduct in addition to other penalties assessed.

• During the regular season, any player who incurs his 10th fighting major shall be suspended automatically for one (1) game. For each subsequent fighting major up to 13, the player shall also be suspended automatically for one (1) game.

• During the regular season, any player who incurs his 14th fighting major shall be suspended automatically for two (2) games. For each subsequent fighting major, the player shall also be suspended automatically for two (2) games.

• In any instance where the opposing player was assessed an instigator penalty, the fighting major shall not count towards the player’s total for this rule.

Rule 82 (“Icing”)
• In addition to not being permitted to make player substitutions, the offending team on an icing violation also may not use its team time-out.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Hockey Widow wrote:AHL. BOG approved to trial two new rule changes. Both could eventually end up in the NHL:

Rule 46 (“Fighting”)/Rule 23 (“Game Misconducts”)
• Players who enter into a fight prior to, at, or immediately following the drop of the puck for a faceoff will be assessed an automatic game misconduct in addition to other penalties assessed.

• During the regular season, any player who incurs his 10th fighting major shall be suspended automatically for one (1) game. For each subsequent fighting major up to 13, the player shall also be suspended automatically for one (1) game.

• During the regular season, any player who incurs his 14th fighting major shall be suspended automatically for two (2) games. For each subsequent fighting major, the player shall also be suspended automatically for two (2) games.

• In any instance where the opposing player was assessed an instigator penalty, the fighting major shall not count towards the player’s total for this rule.

Rule 82 (“Icing”)
• In addition to not being permitted to make player substitutions, the offending team on an icing violation also may not use its team time-out.

Damn it! I knew this day would come and I will forever argue against attempts to take fist fighting out of the game.
Even and including the staged ones on puck drop.
I will only agree with no bench clearing brawls or players leaving the bench during a scrum.
Decrease in fighting means more intent to injure and THAT is worse and nobody will EVER convince me otherwise.
This great game takes a dump if accountability is removed.
Fighting is far safer than the alternatives some guys will find to hurt someone, it's got a pretty good start now.
Gives cowards a chance to hit and run.
Fighting is fighting and it is part of the game, at least the one I like.
Without it, I hate to think of ways to inflict pain or injury as retaliation.
Matte Cook's surgical skate blade technique comes to mind for one.
I know, some people might say; So Mick, you want to see more goons in the game?
And I'll say; To me, goons are the guys who INTEND to injure...
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Well let's hope it stays in the AHL.

I don't mind the no time out on icing. Like to see them get back to the quick f/o puck drop.

As usually they experiment in the AHL for a season.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

micky107 wrote: Matte Cook's surgical skate blade technique comes to mind for one.

:D
____
Try to focus on someday.