NHL business

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: NHL business

Post by Chef Boi RD »

They've mentioned names who could be in the running for GM of the Seattle Sockeye's (Bank It) and not one of them was named Mike Gillis. Is it safe to say that ole Mikey will not be find work in the NHL ever again? Nuckles? Your thoughts?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

RoyalDude wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:53 pm They've mentioned names who could be in the running for GM of the Seattle Sockeye's (Bank It) and not one of them was named Mike Gillis. Is it safe to say that ole Mikey will not be find work in the NHL ever again? Nuckles? Your thoughts?
Gillis pissed off a lot of people around the league, which was fine by me as we were winning hockey games.

They hate us cuz they ain't us.

Embrace the hate.

Nobody cares about the pushovers, the Canucks are an afterthought under Linden/Benning.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Yeah Gillis did himself no favours with how he weasled into the Canucks job, and him slagging Nonis in his press conference introduction as the new GM. That definitely did not ingratiate him to his fraternity. Not to mention none of the GM's liked him when he was a Players Agent. But I've heard from some that were around him closely when he was here and how extremely rude and arrogant he was. Not a nice man, apparently.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

And Elmer pissed off managers when he bumped his gums about Stamkos and Pernell Karl
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:55 pm Lol some posters last year were losing their shit about losing shit (Granlund)
Then again, some posters thought we were fine losing a 6'2, 209 lbs, SOB defenseman who's top-4 on one of the best teams in the League, so I guess ya never know, right? :drink:
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

ESQ wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:49 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:55 pm Lol some posters last year were losing their shit about losing shit (Granlund)
Then again, some posters thought we were fine losing a 6'2, 209 lbs, SOB defenseman who's top-4 on one of the best teams in the League, so I guess ya never know, right? :drink:
And yet he was not a top 4 d man in performance here. And he was bottom pairing in ice time for 2 of his 3 years on a garbage fire of a team. Let’s see him do it for more than 30-40 games before we anoint him as a legit top 4 guy. Remember he had a 15-20 game stretch in his last two seasons here where he wasn’t a complete tire fire. Then again I believe Tanev was holding his hand too.

Yeah a real SOB to play against. Ferkland pasted him all over the ice.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

ESQ wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:49 am
Not sure whether to go with the fact the Canucks are a better team this year (without Sbisa), or wondering why Benning gave up such a valuable piece for nothing.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Big blow to NHLPA as judge refuses to certify class action in concussion case.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/jud ... late=basic
The only HW the Canucks need
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

:bang:
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Has anyone heard if the league has decided anything on ads on team jerseys yet?
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

micky107 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:18 pm Image

Has anyone heard if the league has decided anything on ads on team jerseys yet?
Do you want to advertise Micky's Roofing? :mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

.............................. MICKY'S ROOFING..............................
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

:lol: