Miss the local coverage

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Miss the local coverage

Post by Mickey107 »

Well, it's been almost 2 years since Rogers was awarded the mega 11 or 12 year contract and I never thought I'd miss the local boys after games and stuff, (especially Tayler's hair), but I do. They have so much money yet right away they shut down the local offices, now it all comes through Toronto. Piss on it.

Now radio 1040 is TSN and even that makes for limitations.

The N.H.L. hates long term player contracts but a 12 year T.V. contract? come on.
Ya, I know, it all revolves around the U.S. stations and the financial health of the league however I've yet to hear about any big increases in the cap any time soon.

And sure, I get if you've got the money to spend you can see all the games but seems like we in B.C., and I guess Alberta, are taking it in the chin, big time. It's past noon and my T.V. is still spewing the same stuff from last night. Gimmy a break!

I'll always think that competition between the servers is a good thing for the fans and the game!

Oh, and I found the old N.H.L. network handy too but I quess so did others so better squash it if it means less paying customers. W/E

Sorry, guess I'm just in a crappier mood this year just seems like one step forward, two back.....
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Miss the local coverage

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Yeah I don't miss Don Taylor at all. It's bad enough to hear him for a few minutes on the radio when I happen to tune in.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

The new system sucks, Strongalofousis (sp) sucks bigtime.

The new way they try to show what players do and having the commentators out there with their hockey sticks is just silly.

Jake on the morning show is still God awful
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Reefer2 wrote:Strongalofousis (sp) sucks bigtime.
Ouch, sounds painful.

And much like George Stroumboulopoulos, it can be inflicted on people for decades..
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

When I miss something, I use a larger calibre or a shotgun.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Has anybody figured out why we need 7 HD tsn channels all showing the same Sportscentre on repeat all day?
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

I actually think tsn believed they were going to land the nhl contract.
"evolution"