The Great Jim Benning Debate! (And personal insult thread)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: The Great Jim Benning Debate!

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mëds wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:06 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:47 pm
Ronning's Ghost wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:54 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:57 am Chiarellis top 5

1. Trading Barzal and Beauvellier for Reinhart
2. Trading Hall for Larsson
3. Trading Eberle for Strome
4. Signing Russell to 4 years $4 milllion pet
5. Signing Lucic long term to massive bucks or drafting Puljiatvi 4th overall or not getting a legitimate no. 1 goalie?

Island Nucklehead is campaigning for the Oilers to be respected for the rebuild Chiarelli is doing.
As for is the case for Gillis (as explained above), a criticism of Benning is not an implication that Chiarelli would have done something better. Re-hashing Chiarelli moves is irrelevant, and worse, uninteresting.

That standard of comparison is not what Chiarelli would have done, but -- as chosen by his most fervent supporters -- what a genius would have done.

Looking forward to that Masterpiece (dynasty). What do you think remains to be done, and how many more seasons do you think it will take ?
Would you agree that the most important thing for this organization moving forward from the Gillis fiasco post 2011 is Drafting and Developing? With that in mind how well of a job do you think Jimbro Benning has done in that department?
Compared to Gillis? Or just in general? Lol.

I’d give him a B-minus so far.
B minus from Mëds,
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Back to Chiarelli, Islands buddy

Just before Chiarelli was hired the Oilers who had the 3rd best odds at drafting McDavid won the lottery. Had they stayed where they belonged, drafting 3rd overall, for arguments sake drafted Bubbles buddy - Dylan Strome like what Arizona did, had the Oilers ended up with Strome, How amazing would the Oilers billionth rebuild look in the eyes of Oiler Rebuild campaigner - Island Nucklehead, especially when you consider all his pathetic dealings since he took over the post from MacT?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:04 pm Back to Chiarelli, Islands buddy

Just before Chiarelli was hired the Oilers who had the 3rd best odds at drafting McDavid won the lottery. Had they stayed where they belonged, drafting 3rd overall, for arguments sake drafted Bubbles buddy - Dylan Strome like what Arizona did, had the Oilers ended up with Strome, How amazing would the Oilers billionth rebuild look in the eyes of Oiler Rebuild campaigner - Island Nucklehead, especially when you consider all his pathetic dealings since he took over the post from MacT?
Ending up with Strome over McDavid would have totally changed the landscape in Edmonton.

Chances are one of Hall or Eberle are still there, and they still don't have a top center at the NHL level.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mëds wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:07 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:04 pm Back to Chiarelli, Islands buddy

Ending up with Strome over McDavid would have totally changed the landscape in Edmonton.

Chances are one of Hall or Eberle are still there, and they still don't have a top center at the NHL level.
Maybe winning the McDavid lottery was a curse??? Does Lucic sign there? The Edmonton fans and media are starting to whine about the Lucic signing already

...to keep playing on that thought, what if the Canucks had the 1st overall pick fortunes of the Oilers and not cursed with the Perreault curse and had won the Matthews lottery with the similar 3rd best odds that the Oilers had when they won the McDavid lotto? Would the crew be enamored with Benning? More importantly, does Island Nucklehead not take into account the signifigance of "lotto luck"?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

If we keep on the narrative of reading patterns Elmer would have still drafted Juolevi and laid a massive chunk of shit on the draft floor because we needed defence right
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:24 pm If we keep on the narrative of reading patterns Elmer would have still drafted Juolevi and laid a massive chunk of shit on the draft floor because we needed defence right
drafted Juolevi instead of Matthews....yeahhhh rrrrriiiiiight. Lets let this one sink in for a bit.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:27 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:24 pm If we keep on the narrative of reading patterns Elmer would have still drafted Juolevi and laid a massive chunk of shit on the draft floor because we needed defence right
drafted Juolevi instead of Matthews....yeahhhh rrrrriiiiiight. Lets let this one sink in for a bit.
Ok Einstein would he have drafted Juolevi instead of Dubois, Poolparty or Laine ? I’m sure you would have. You’ve had had his back on this pick forever instead of admitting a mistake. Juolevi isn’t even in the top 12 of a redraft. Virtanen is not a first rounder despite that abortion of a post you made yesterday
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:07 am Jason Botchford said in the Provies that Elmer had a choice between Vatanen and Sbisa and picked Sbisa. Gesus Christ.
How sad, Blobby now works under Botchford at the Codswallop Factory. :hmmm:

You've changed Blobby, do you now take back all of the following:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:48 pm Too many chicken littles in this market who get stirred up by the likes of Taylor, Pratt , Botchford etc. .
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:20 am Jason Botchford is a very poor beat writer. That and the fact he is an arrogant, condescending smarmy little rat with an extremely gay sounding voice puts him on my no listen to no read list .
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:48 am Botchford just let the entire NHL fanbase know what we have all known for years. What a fucking idiot . A complete and utter tool . Good luck getting any decent soundbites from anyone you sawed off little troll.
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu May 22, 2014 8:31 pm Botchford is a scumbag that has basically zero credibility
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:30 am Yes because Botchford is so plugged in. :lol:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:48 pm Botchford is a hack. Makes shit up to sell papers.
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:23 pm
Strangelove wrote: Around here, tweets from Botchford are on par with farts from random CC posters.
And wet farts at that.
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:09 pm What a myopic little prick. Like he is someone who should be taken serious .
Yet now you support The Botched One and his silly rumourmongering?? :crazy:

It’s true what they say, politics does indeed make strange bedfellows…
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Nope I don’t like Crotchford. That said he’s no less credible than housepets McIntyre or Boosema.

Either way IF that’s true Elmer is an idiot. Dude tried to say Sbisa was better cuz he’s bigger. He was rightfully bitchslapped for that comment.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:07 pm IF
:roll:

Point is the real Blob would have never stooped so low as recycling Botch's crapola.

Blob + Agenda = A different animal. 8-)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:17 pm what if the Canucks had the 1st overall pick fortunes of the Oilers and not cursed with the Perreault curse and had won the Matthews lottery with the similar 3rd best odds that the Oilers had when they won the McDavid lotto? Would the crew be enamored with Benning? More importantly, does Island Nucklehead not take into account the signifigance of "lotto luck"?
What if your dad had pulled out?

And I've addressed luck plenty. You just can't read.
Island Nucklehead wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:40 amExactly who is saying there is no luck involved? Pretty sure I said there was even more luck involved than that (luck in the lottery+ the quality of the draft year).
Island Nucklehead wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:11 am Luck has been involved in the Penguins success (Crosby lottery), the Hawks success (jumped 5 to 1 for Kane), the Maple leaves resurgence (20% shot at Matthews) and Edmonton is no different. I'm not sure what that adds to the discussion, other than to sound bitter/jealous about the recent lottery bounces going against Vancouver.
Island Nucklehead wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:18 am Not only is there luck involved in the draft lottery, but also in the draft year. The Oilers were terrible for some really putrid drafts, which meant they stayed terrible, until the good drafts came along.
Island Nucklehead wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:45 pm This wasn't a tanking team. It's a team with dreadful talent that could use some luck come ping-pong ball time one of these years. If we get that luck, things might progress faster. If we don't, we'll get used to Bill Daley's card flips.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

So in short you'd still be pissing all over the Canucks bed had we won the lotto and drafted Matthews and you'd still be throwing bouquets at Chiarellis - Strome Oilers rebuild?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:17 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:07 pm IF
:roll:

Point is the real Blob would have never stooped so low as recycling Botch's crapola.

Blob + Agenda = A different animal. 8-)
When you grow up and address an entire post you will be worthy of a response. This chickenshit hanging on one word is weak and I guess I shouldn’t expect much more from a guy who resides near “Hope”.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:30 pm So in short you'd still be pissing all over the Canucks bed had we won the lotto and drafted Matthews and you'd still be throwing bouquets at Chiarellis - Strome Oilers rebuild?
If this is what you retain from this I’d tell you to stop drinking rubbing alcohol and maybe huff it out of a rag
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Today's CC postings is for the ages - Blobby quoting Bitchford. Unfuckingbelievable

Again - Bubbles gone on record as calling McPhee a genius for his work in Vegas but has no response for McPhees recent ravings over Sbisa all the while McPhee waives he good buddy Garrison and Nuckles good buddy Griffin Reinhart