The Great Jim Benning Debate! (And personal insult thread)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: The Great Jim Benning Debate!

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

nuckster wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:I don't think Elmer is quite as bad as the piss posse at hfboards makes him out , but he's definitely one of the poorer managers in the league that's for sure. He made a couple decent moves but he needs to continue this trend and not resort back to the constant blunders we have seen for most of his tenure.
Pretty balanced response there BM. I should probably lay off being so hard on Benning; I just get a little tired of the rediculous 'genious' mindset.
That's what I provide Nuckster. A voice of reason and a balanced analysis of the team and its management.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
nuckster wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:I don't think Elmer is quite as bad as the piss posse at hfboards makes him out , but he's definitely one of the poorer managers in the league that's for sure. He made a couple decent moves but he needs to continue this trend and not resort back to the constant blunders we have seen for most of his tenure.
Pretty balanced response there BM. I should probably lay off being so hard on Benning; I just get a little tired of the rediculous 'genious' mindset.
That's what I provide Nuckster. A voice of reason and a balanced analysis of the team and its management.

Where was this reasoned, balanced, analytical Bubbles during the Gillis regime? To be busy blaming the coach for
the handling of Ballard, Booth, Sestito, Stanton, Kassian, Bernier, Roy, Pahlsson...etc Definitely did not see any of this so called management analyzer side of you for things like having only 4 draft picks in the 2010 draft where we didn't draft until the 4th round. Shit can you imagine if Benning did shit like that. INbred and Bubbles would implode onto themselves
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
nuckster wrote:
Hmm.. i got the impression that part of your 'thing' is about deriving pleasure from tormenting the parrot and the benning knob gobblers!?

In any case, Benning really needs to come through with some homeruns this draft... and next; no more Virtanen type of miscues.
cc oldtimer
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Ster providing some decent entertainment by trying to fit in somewhere. Gold
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Strangelove wrote:
Reefer2 wrote: Haven't even read it
Why am I not surprised. :roll:
Lol

I said I couldn't find the link and didn't read nor did I say he was the worse GM.

And I also said you diss anything Benning negative, why is anyone surprised about that :?:
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

RoyalDude wrote:Ster providing some decent entertainment by trying to fit in somewhere. Gold
Right, thats why i post everyday and repeat a particular kind of message/theme continuously - in synch with a few other long-time posters - sound familiar Polly?

Drivel aside, lets hope Benning frikin 'nails it' this year! And if he does, and you want go on about him being a genious, so be it, I'll live with it... gladly.
cc oldtimer
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

nuckster wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Ster providing some decent entertainment by trying to fit in somewhere. Gold
Right, thats why i post everyday and repeat a particular kind of message/theme continuously - in synch with a few other long-time posters - sound familiar Polly?

Drivel aside, lets hope Benning frikin 'nails it' this year! And if he does, and you want go on about him being a genious, so be it, I'll live with it... gladly.
I would also like that nuckster....
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
nuckster wrote: Pretty balanced response there BM.
Lol the ster just dubbed you "Bowel Movement" I think he was being sarcastic!

Two years ago you became an anti-Canuck troll, a caricature of yourself.

Sure you've been trying to backpedal from that hopeless position for the last few months.

But the archives = our friend. :mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

There's no back pedalling at all. It's called objectivity you should try it sometime.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:There's no back pedalling at all. It's called objectivity you should try it sometime.
Nope, you blasted every move Benning made... and didn't make...for 2 years.

Then you realized you were painting yourself into a corner... so you now throw him the odd compliment.

Mckenshie shitsh his shortsh....
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:There's no back pedalling at all. It's called objectivity you should try it sometime.
Nope, you blasted every move Benning made... and didn't make...for 2 years.

Then you realized you were painting yourself into a corner... so you now throw him the odd compliment.

Mckenshie shitsh his shortsh....
That's bullshit. I was fine with the acquisition of Baertschi, liked Gudbranson but thought the cost was a bit high. Liked the Boeser pick even though I liked Konecny a bit better. Liked the Tryamkin pick. Liked the deals for Bieksa and Garrison. Now you resort to lying to try and keep up when getting mopped up......... sad little old guy in the Bible Belt.

You are the one who painted himself into a corner by defending every single move or non move the man made. You are incapable of any sort of constructive criticism and have become basically a board clown.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Strangelove wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mckenshie shitsh his shortsh....
That's bullshit.
Shit is shit.

I plan to use the archives to prove my point about your backpedaling... when I get some time.

How does next month work for you? :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Whatever helps you sleep at night
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BTW the archives prove I originally despised the Sbisa and Dorsett re-signings.

As a matter of fact, all this "genius" stuff started when I said in my anger a few times:

"If Sbisa ever turns out to be a decent #5 dee, Benning is a genius"

Or words to that effect.

And now here we are. :mex:

Many times I said I wanted my Canucks to walk away from pending-RFA Sbisa rather than re-sign him...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Sorry Doc. Gotta agree with Blob here. Many times he has showed support for Benning moves he likes. Now the fact he doesn't like many is a different story :mrgreen: but he has been consistent in saying he likes some moves and names them. He isn't as black and white as some partisan posters.
The only HW the Canucks need