The Great Jim Benning Debate! (And personal insult thread)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: The Great Jim Benning Debate!

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blobbees crew over at HF were all tearing Jimbro a new one for selecting Madden over Wise:

Jack Wise - Boston U rookie - 0 goals 2 assists

Tyler Madden - Northeastern rookie - 5 goals 5 assists
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:56 pm Blobbees crew over at HF were all tearing Jimbro a new one for selecting Madden over Wise:

I have no crew

I lasted about as long as you did over there
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:42 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:56 pm Blobbees crew over at HF were all tearing Jimbro a new one for selecting Madden over Wise:

I have no crew

I lasted about as long as you did over there
Blob you’re wrong about rathbone, the kid is legit and if joulevi doesn’t make it (which he will) rathbone is gonna be a top 4 dman in the league.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Rathbone, Woo, Hughes, Juolevi, Tryamkin, Brisebios, Brassard, Utunen....to many to count, endless
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Trade Boeser?!

Poor blob, he really can't handle a rebuild.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

RoyalDude wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:46 pm Rathbone, Woo, Hughes, Juolevi, Tryamkin, Brisebios, Brassard, Utunen....to many to count, endless
I think Brisebois has peaked in the AHL.. at best he gets to the coveted #8 spot on our depth chart.

And Tryamkin is getting a little overhyped by our rose coloured glasses.. everyone wants Tryamkin to become that dominate defenceman we saw flashes of, but with all the sideways news out of Russia about him, we had all better take a deep breath and lower the expectations for him. I am not sure Tryamkin has wha it takes for the NHL, pretty sure he is missing something. Not sure what (ambition, drive, competitiveness, or even if NHL is a goal of his).. but unless the reports change out of Russia, i a hold concerns...

The rest of that list, it's too early to tell.. and everyone needs to put the brakes on Hughes expectations. We have all seen what one bad hit or unfortunate accident can do to a defensive prospect. Until they are here, they ain't here. Just potential.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:00 am
RoyalDude wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:46 pm Rathbone, Woo, Hughes, Juolevi, Tryamkin, Brisebios, Brassard, Utunen....to many to count, endless
I think Brisebois has peaked in the AHL.. at best he gets to the coveted #8 spot on our depth chart.

And Tryamkin is getting a little overhyped by our rose coloured glasses.. everyone wants Tryamkin to become that dominate defenceman we saw flashes of, but with all the sideways news out of Russia about him, we had all better take a deep breath and lower the expectations for him. I am not sure Tryamkin has wha it takes for the NHL, pretty sure he is missing something. Not sure what (ambition, drive, competitiveness, or even if NHL is a goal of his).. but unless the reports change out of Russia, i a hold concerns...

The rest of that list, it's too early to tell.. and everyone needs to put the brakes on Hughes expectations. We have all seen what one bad hit or unfortunate accident can do to a defensive prospect. Until they are here, they ain't here. Just potential.
Whoa, whoa, whoa...YOU need to put the brakes on! I think you’ve bin sippin’ too much of Bubbles Tea. Ole Chef here won’t be having any of this negative Nancy shit

The Tree won’t fall and the Breeze will sweep and the Hue will Woo you with all his colours and the Ju is money right to the Bone
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Bottom line is, Bubble Tea’s dream of trading the Flow for a top pairing is SKYO asinine. Jimbro will snag a D-man like right shot Soderstrom with the first pick, adding to a deepening D-man prospect pool. Jake is making his way to the top 6 as well as Goldy

Jimbro needs to keep drafting goalies as well. Tenders are at a premium now, not many quality ones to go around and are difficult to acquire

We good at forward
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

RoyalDude wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:26 am

Whoa, whoa, whoa...YOU need to put the brakes on! I think you’ve bin sippin’ too much of Bubbles Tea. Ole Chef here won’t be having any of this negative Nancy shit

The Tree won’t fall and the Breeze will sweep and the Hue will Woo you with all his colours and the Juolevi is money right to the Bone
Lol. I'll never be drinking the BubbleTea.

But I am a realist. Not a negative nancy. JB has done an excellent job of flipping a roster filled with no move contracts, getting the team younger and refilling the prospects cupboards. His drafting is way above average of what we are used to on this team, but your drinking too much of the wrong KoolAid If you think that every draft pick he has made is going to be in the NHL. Makes you sound like a homer leaves fan.

I am just giving my opinion on a couple prospects.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:39 am

The Tree won’t fall and the Breeze will sweep and the Hue will Woo you with all his colours and the Juolevi is money right to the Bone

But I am a realist. Not a negative nancy. JB has done an excellent job of flipping a roster filled with no move contracts, getting the team younger and refilling the prospects cupboards. His drafting is way above average of what we are used to on this team, but your drinking too much of the wrong KoolAid If you think that every draft pick he has made is going to be in the NHL. Makes you sound like a homer Leaves fan.

Listen, Bubbles is always trying to jam his stinky Bubble Tea on to the positive palate's of the Jimbro Benning stronghold. Bubble Tea is still too angry over not drafting Tkachuk. He may never recover. Too bad really, he can be a real GM supporter, archive his endless love for Gillis when Gillis was running things around here.
olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

RoyalDude wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:08 am

But I am a realist. Not a negative nancy. JB has done an excellent job of flipping a roster filled with no move contracts, getting the team younger and refilling the prospects cupboards. His drafting is way above average of what we are used to on this team, but your drinking too much of the wrong KoolAid If you think that every draft pick he has made is going to be in the NHL. Makes you sound like a homer Leaves fan.

Listen, Bubbles is always trying to jam his stinky Bubble Tea on to the positive palate's of the Jimbro Benning stronghold. Bubble Tea is still too angry over not drafting Tkachuk. He may never recover. Too bad really, he can be a real GM supporter, archive his endless love for Gillis when Gillis was running things around here.
He should've drafted Tkachuk...
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Yup.

Hindsight being what it is, Tkachuk was the money pick. Not Juolevi.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

olpaddy wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:08 am

Should we have drafted Cody Glass instead of Pettersson? Cause at the time, the majority wanted Glass, me included.

Listen ole Paddy, this won't be the last time a Canuck GM or any GM around the league flubs on a top pick. It's still a crap shoot, always was and always will be. If they want to do something about the crap shoot that it is, move the draft age to 21 years of age. What I can't stand is the endless whining about shit that happens that is shit that happens quite often when it comes to drafting 18 years olds and won't stop happening as long as we are drafting teenagers.

Now if we had drafted Cody Glass instead of Pettersson and Noah Juulsen instead of Boeser. I'd be all over Elmer the ways yous and ole Bubble Teas is alls the times. But I'm a reasonable who doesn't get his knickers in a bunch the way ole Bubbles does with not picking ole Tkachuk.
olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

RoyalDude wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:50 pm
olpaddy wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:08 am

Should we have drafted Cody Glass instead of Pettersson? Cause at the time, the majority wanted Glass, me included.

Listen ole Paddy, this won't be the last time a Canuck GM or any GM around the league flubs on a top pick. It's still a crap shoot, always was and always will be. If they want to do something about the crap shoot that it is, move the draft age to 21 years of age. What I can't stand is the endless whining about shit that happens that is shit that happens quite often when it comes to drafting 18 years olds and won't stop happening as long as we are drafting teenagers.

Now if we had drafted Cody Glass instead of Pettersson and Noah Juulsen instead of Boeser. I'd be all over Elmer the ways yous and ole Bubble Teas is alls the times. But I'm a reasonable who doesn't get his knickers in a bunch the way ole Bubbles does with not picking ole Tkachuk.
I called For Boeser on this board a full MONTH and a Half before this team drafted him we have had that discussion before feel free to search the archives and Feel free to search the archives when I said we should draft Pettersson before his name was a household one once again search the archives so Pacific Blue I'd like to think this isn't a hindsight convo ... I think u need to give Blob Credit for being consistent he doesn't flip or flop... Yes GM's miss U my friend or 100% correct but there are things that are real obvious to everyone its kinda head scratching U know how I feel about Oli I haven't wavered its in the archives feel free to bring it up but when u pass on a guy and gift wrap him to a team in your division for the next 12 years u get the reaction u got on draft day... Listen to the fans in Buffalo when Oli's name is announced, EVEN THEY KNEW the GM done Fucked Up...

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

olpaddy wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:59 pm Feel free to search the archives when I said we should draft Pettersson before his name was a household one once again search the archives so Pacific Blue I'd like to think this isn't a hindsight convo ...
There were a few of us who agreed we should draft Eli, Remember?

Pretty sure Pacific Blue was one...
____
Try to focus on someday.