Jake Virtanen

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Jake Virtanen

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:38 pm
Topper wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:03 pm
Baubles believes a house rebuild begins when the new cabinets and counters go in.
Benning tried to do a quick Flip, picking up new drapes (Vey), lamps (Loui), and paint (Sutter). He added a new bathroom (Gudbranson) at great expense.

Only after realizing the roof leaked and the foundation was cracked did he commit to tearing it down completely.
Fucking gold IN.
Cholla and his band of chimps circling around on the yamaharleys with their skullets, missing teeth, huge boilers,. but wait there’s ESQ on his pedal bike with ape hangers and he has a prospect cut on
Sorry guys for bashing the low hanging fruit. I mean it’s everywhere :lol:

Peace ... see you kids in 2019. Cholla start mixing in a salad here and there and maybe do a few crunches
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Benning knew placeholders were needed while tearing down the relic he inherited.

Any decent builder knows you still need a place to live while rebuilding.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:32 pm
Island Nucklehead wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:38 pm
Topper wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:03 pm
Baubles believes a house rebuild begins when the new cabinets and counters go in.
Benning tried to do a quick Flip, picking up new drapes (Vey), lamps (Loui), and paint (Sutter). He added a new bathroom (Gudbranson) at great expense.

Only after realizing the roof leaked and the foundation was cracked did he commit to tearing it down completely.
Fucking gold IN.
Cholla and his band of chimps circling around on the yamaharleys with their skullets, missing teeth, huge boilers,. but wait there’s ESQ on his pedal bike with ape hangers and he has a prospect cut on
Sorry guys for bashing the low hanging fruit. I mean it’s everywhere :lol:

Peace ... see you kids in 2019. Cholla start mixing in a salad here and there and maybe do a few crunches
:lol: :lol: And some people didn't see that the foundation was getting re-built, because they were too busy complaining about the drapes! :lol: :lol:

And Blob, why are you getting so defensive? Its not like i *specifically called you out or anything...
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Topper wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:22 pm Benning knew placeholders were needed while tearing down the relic he inherited.

AKA a ghetto ass rebuild. Lots of crappy tire fixtures and particle board cupboards
If you need air...call it in
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:53 pm
Topper wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:22 pm Benning knew placeholders were needed while tearing down the relic he inherited.

AKA a ghetto ass rebuild. Lots of crappy tire fixtures and particle board cupboards
The alternative is a knock down ala oil.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

You had a spoiled rotten homeowner demanding his general contractor to put lipstick on a pig (the re-tool). It’s astounding that this fact gets left out constantly. The Sedins, the inherited NTC Gillis contracts to players well past their prime, a massive void to zero quality mid aged players on the team, Vancouvers fickle fan base and the market demands, Kesler 1 team waive and an unreasonable owner made it a near impossible situation for a proper rebuild to happen
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Topper wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:14 pm

The alternative is a knock down ala oil.
At the end of the day we can laugh and mock them all we want but theyre the ones with 6 championship banners not us. Even if they never win another the franchise will always go down in history as the best ever.

That buys alot of patience from the fan base...
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Can you please provide an example of a rebuild that didn't look "ghetto ass" for the first 3 years?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

One where u load up on high picks by trading vets at the deadline. Tanking. Going "all-in" on a rebuild

Feb 2017
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Trading Vets?

- like trading the Sedins? Never was gonna happen

- trading Kesler? Yes to the one team he waived for

- trading Bieksa? Returned a 2nd

- trading Hansen? Goldobin former 2014 1st round pick

- trading Burrows? Dahlen former 2016 2nd round puck

- trading Lack? Returned a 3rd and a 7th

- trading Garrison? Returned a 2nd

UDL a full tear it down rebuild was never going to happen with the Sedins here, and with this market and ownership and existing contracts. Get over it. To be honest, Benning has done pretty good considering the circumstances you and your brethren choose to ignore
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Back to the thread topic...

Shotgun is showing some decent hockey sense, no?
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Jake isn’t going to ever solve basic algebra for ya but he’s discovering what he does best and how to help the team and that’s all we can ask for for now. I anticipate some beast mode hockey in big games out of Jake as he matures. Would not be surprised with his size speed and natural abilities - shot etc., I believe he will be a very good weapon in the playoffs eventually. The thinking will come from Petty Hughes Horvat and Boeser.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

RoyalDude wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:11 am Trading Vets?

- like trading the Sedins? Never was gonna happen

- trading Kesler? Yes to the one team he waived for

- trading Bieksa? Returned a 2nd

- trading Hansen? Goldobin former 2014 1st round pick

- trading Burrows? Dahlen former 2016 2nd round puck

- trading Lack? Returned a 3rd and a 7th

- trading Garrison? Returned a 2nd

UDL a full tear it down rebuild was never going to happen with the Sedins here, and with this market and ownership and existing contracts. Get over it. To be honest, Benning has done pretty good considering the circumstances you and your brethren choose to ignore
This I'll agree on and its the main reason the rebuild sputtered.

In fairness the current canucks core(except EP) were drafted or acquired during this period of alleged procrastination so who's to say a full rebuild would've done fuck all more than what JB has done to date.

I have conceded and moved on with all this anyway so back to JV. Whatever is responsible, coaching or maturation, deserves acknowledgement for turning around his game. Hes a completely transformed asset
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Little of everything, not the least of which, he grew up some.
Great friendships with almost everyone on the team from what I can see.
He's been really close with Horvat from the start and my guess would be, Bo can take a lot of the credit
for Jake concentrating om the right things at the right times. He's infinitely more focussed, reading the plays, and potential plays, than
at any other tenure on the big team. Now those instincts are there, in place, skies the limit.
"evolution"