2016 TRADE DEADLINE TRACKER

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Re: 2016 TRADE DEADLINE TRACKER

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Strangelove wrote: Those posts didn't have anything to do with Kesler's... post... did they? :wink:
Forgot abt that 1, was thinking more my original Kassassian off ice issues post.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Or Benning waited too long hoping to drum up a bidding war with LA/Chi and Dallas simply went with plan B.
My money is on this one, cause Island Fister always knows what goes down. He was in the room during the negotiating.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Overtime
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Overtime »

Strangelove wrote:
Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Odd Todd raps a double off the wall. How long before Doc deletes his post?
*hehe* My posts have been deleted b4. Whatever. 8-)
Those posts didn't have anything to do with Kesler's... post... did they? :wink:
Strangleddove; you may think you know me but; you may be correct. I just like to read "Batman" comics.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote:
Then I'd go about talking Edler into waiving this summer.
Hmmmm, trying to get fair market value with old Gillis contracts that have massive NTC's, terms and cap hits is like trying to find a decent quality house for under a million bucks in Vancouver. Haven't you learned anything, Doc?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

RoyalDude wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:
Or Benning waited too long hoping to drum up a bidding war with LA/Chi and Dallas simply went with plan B.
My money is on this one, cause Island Fister always knows what goes down. He was in the room during the negotiating.
:stupid:

Funny that GM's in Toronto, Carolina, New Jersey and Calgary can all find takers for their inferior d-men, but Benning just didn't have a market for a guy like Hamhuis, who clearly didn't get moved because he mused about the possibility of coming back to Vancouver as a free agent and thereby tanked his value as a trade deadline addition to teams making a run at this years Stanley Cup.

Anyways, what's done is done. Vancouver clearly a loser at the TDD and we'll see what kind of magic the wizard can weave at the draft.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Hmmmm, trying to get fair market value with old Gillis contracts that have massive NTC's, terms and cap hits is like trying to find a decent quality house for under a million bucks in Vancouver. Haven't you learned anything, Doc?
Lol Edler has a massive contract for a legit 2/3 d man .

Keep the giggles coming
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Strangelove wrote:

Keep the giggles coming
Still nothing on the NTC Benning gave Vrbata handcuffing the team? Weird.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Island Nucklehead wrote:Still nothing on the NTC Benning gave Vrbata handcuffing the team? Weird.
No, because NTC or not, who would want Verbata for a playoff run and into the playoffs?

After a great preseason, the guy has funked out. Hasn't scored regularly since last regular season. Disappeared in the playoffs. Will be 35 before July 1st.

The NTC and the limit of teams to discuss a trade is moot.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Strangelove wrote:

Keep the giggles coming
hmmm, this 'legit' 2/3 D-man you speak of, is he not the bane of a lot of Canuckleheads existence? Mëds and a billion others? 4 years left on his $30 million contract at $5million per? Full NTC. A player who is extremely inconsistent, yeah, you right, we can get fair market value for him. No sweat. Thanks again Mikey. Chris HIggins says hello from Utica
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Strangelove wrote:

Keep the giggles coming
Still nothing on the NTC Benning gave Vrbata handcuffing the team? Weird.
Great come back, master negotiator
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Still nothing on the NTC Benning gave Vrbata handcuffing the team? Weird.
What's weird is that you can't figure it out on your own.

He named 8 teams (obviously top teams in order to up his value as a UFA).

UMMM... no. one. wanted. him.

Would you want him on your team for a playoff run?

He was having a bad year, and then just 2 points in his last 11 games before getting injured.

"NTC handcuffing the team"??

No offense, but you aren't too bright are ya Nucklehead. :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:
:stupid:

Funny that GM's in Toronto, Carolina, New Jersey and Calgary can all find takers for their inferior d-men, but Benning just didn't have a market for a guy like Hamhuis, who clearly didn't get moved because he mused about the possibility of coming back to Vancouver as a free agent and thereby tanked his value as a trade deadline addition to teams making a run at this years Stanley Cup.

Anyways, what's done is done. Vancouver clearly a loser at the TDD and we'll see what kind of magic the wizard can weave at the draft.
Island, pull Blobbee's arm out of your ass and speak for yourself once in a while. You can do it.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Yes Edler's contract is totally unmovable. Nobody wants players like Edler for 5 million a season.

We should hang onto Edler the Albatross and try to move top-4 Sbisa instead. The demands for his skills will be higher and his contract gets you way more bang for your buck. It's true that without Sbisa our kids will be lost, but these are the kinds of tough choices wizards have to make.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote: Still nothing on the NTC Benning gave Vrbata handcuffing the team? Weird.
What's weird is that you can't figure it out on your own.

He named 8 teams (obviously top teams in order to up his value as a UFA).

UMMM... no. one. wanted. him.

Would you want him on your team for a playoff run?

He was having a bad year, and then just 2 points in his last 11 games before getting injured.

"NTC handcuffing the team"??

No offense, but you aren't too bright are ya Nucklehead. :D
the walls are pretty thick, Doc. Treat him like he's in special ed. It's the only way
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Ve haff vays to make people vaive yah...
____
Try to focus on someday.