2016 TRADE DEADLINE TRACKER

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: 2016 TRADE DEADLINE TRACKER

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Topper wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:I can see Ben Hutton being moved if they decide to bring back Dan. Remember Edler has been approached at least once to waive and has balked. He married a local girl I believe and wants to stay here. That leaves Hutton on the left side as Elmer loves Sbisa and his contract is fairly unmovable. Good times.
The same way you saw Horvat being moved by Christmas.
I was being sarcastic Tops. If I recall it was be use the team was sitting with one forward over 200 pounds at the time and that was Bo.

I really do think If Hamhuis re-signs , that Hutton will be gone unless Edler can be bullied out of town .
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Aaronp18 wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote: Toews was a 17 year old putting up his numbers. But why let that small tidbit get in the way of a bold statement.
Exactly why let the truth get in the way of his cradling of Elmers nutsack in his yap.
Toews ND team when he was 17 was stacked.

Oshie, Stafford, Zajac

He put up 22 goals yes, in 42 games. Boeser putting up those stats as an 18 year old is nothing to sneeze at. As RD pointed out Toews actually scored less goals as an 18 year old, had a few more assists though.

I don't think anyone is saying we should expect a JT like player from Boeser, it's simply that his first year in College has been quite successful and that's encouraging.
AP I am just throwing it into the face of a guy who has trolled the boards relentlessly since 2008.
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Lancer »

Well here's hoping Dallas flames out in the 1st round. Fuckers...
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Something tells me Jimbo's not the best negotiator.
rikster
MVP
MVP

Post by rikster »

My problem is that Benning, who knew he had two teams to work with, failed to get a deal done..
On the other hand, the Stars and Hawks who both need a Hamhuis type player failed to get a deal done to get Hamhuis....

The assumption is that Hamhuis will re sign in Vancouver, but no guarantees that after he's had a taste of life in Dallas and Chicago on teams competing for the Cup this season and into the future that he wouldn't change his mind and stay with his new team...

If that were to happen, is it better to keep and re sign him or take the weak packages those teams offered?

Still hopeful that Edler gets dealt at the June draft for that blue chip prospect on defense and picks, and Hamhuis is around to mentor the number of young players who will be on the blue line.

Take care...
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob will never forgive me for slagging his favourite GM of all time - the professor, hence the poster the poster he has become
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: AP I am just throwing it into the face of a guy who has trolled the boards relentlessly since 2008.
Oh I know, I just don't think there's a battle to be won there.

Boeser is having a great season in a league that traditionally makes it tough to put up high point totals. It's not the Q we're talking about here.

:mrgreen:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote:Something tells me Jimbo's not the best negotiator.
Is this your expert opinion? Years of being an exec in the NHL? Have you been a fly on the wall in jimbos office? Your insight is a blessing
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:Blob will never forgive me for slagging his favourite GM of all time - the professor, hence the poster the poster he has become
Yes I have such a cross to bare. Boeser the next Toews!!!! Lmao.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

That was among the worst press conferences I've ever seen.

The moron knows he completely fucked up and it's hilarious. He looks like he chugged a mickey before he bumbled his way out there. :lol:
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lancer wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote: You're happy with this deadline then, are you Doc?
Yes because it tells me we are re-signing Hamhuis and trading Edler at the draft for a high 1st.

Otherwise, Benning has utterly shat in his hands this TDD. Wake me at the draft. This season's team is no longer worth watching after last night's charade.
It is a hideous product on the ice this season. I can see quite a few people ditching their tickets are this latest blunder by Elmer.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Blob will never forgive me for slagging his favourite GM of all time - the professor, hence the poster the poster he has become
Yes I have such a cross to bare.
We know, however good luck with your journey, fwiw
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Problem is Benning said they will play out the season and then evaluate where they are at. They have no plans until then to sit down with Hamhuis so they certainly gave not made a commitment to him.

He also said although the line up decisions are up to WD, they plan to call up some kids and get them playing time, which was why they waived Cracknell. Vrbata may be benched a lot from here on out.

Benning was asked if he was surprised by the market and he said yes. At the beginning of the year they anticipated that players like Vrbata and Hamhuis would get good returns but that market never developed this year.

Sounds like Dallas circled back with a 5th round pick as their offer at the last minute. Sounds like If we could have pulled the trigger one week ago we would have been able to move Hamhuis to either Chicago or Dallas. A case of Benning waiting too long and misjudging the current market.

I hate that Calgary got our return!! Would love to know if Benning is telling the truth or if the rumours of him trying to get Dallas to increase their offer are true. He was asked if he would have been happy with the Russell return and he seemed genuine when he said well yes.

Sad day
The only HW the Canucks need
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Island Nucklehead wrote:Something tells me Jimbo's not the best negotiator.
Wherever would you get an idea like that?

From what I read in the comments of RD, Topper and Strange, this guy has the Midas touch. It's just that the materials with which he is working are still in their raw form and haven't yet been fully refined. But once refined, we will see a true golden dynasty heralded by our great and wise leader - Genius Jim.
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Paid my dime and only farted..... :(
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….