2016 TRADE DEADLINE TRACKER

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Re: 2016 TRADE DEADLINE TRACKER

Post by Rumsfeld »

Per wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:
Per wrote:Hearing that Boston were interested in Hamhuis and turning down offers for Eriksson, I started to think they were pieces of a package deal that was about to be hammered out. So disappointed! :cry:
Why the fuck would a rebuilding team be interested in Eriksson? You actually want that guy to be a Canuck? Why, because he's Swedish?

Talk about selfish.
In 2013 when the Sedins were flown in to play the last four games for Sweden in the world championships, they were assigned Eriksson as their right winger, and he was a perfect fit! Over those four games Henrik totalled 9 points (4G, 5A), Daniel 6 (1G, 5A) and Loui 7 (4G, 3A). They beat Denmark, Canada, Finland and Switzerland and won the gold. I have never seen the twins play with another player that fits them so well. This was beyond anything they achieved with Carter or Burrows. Sweden had a pretty lackluster team before the twins arrived, but their instant chemistry with Eriksson completly changed the picture.

Ever since, I've dreamed of having the three play together on a permanent basis. I never thought it would happen, but with Boston seemingly wanting to get rid of Eriksson and showing an interest in Hamhuis... Well, I started getting my hopes up. :|
I'm aware of their history together.

It would have been a terrible move for the Canucks. Although perhaps slightly better than what we got, which was nothing.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

RoyalDude wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:LOL so now Boeser will be the next Toews ?
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :towel: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Where did I say that, pee pants? Just pointing out that he's in good company with those freshman numbers. You not agree that those are positive numbers? Or are you too busy soiling your ginch?
Toews was a 17 year old putting up his numbers. But why let that small tidbit get in the way of a bold statement.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Well at least someone is happy. Maybe we can curry it into a homer discount to keep the villagers from burning Benning at the stake.
I'm thinking his bosses aren't too pleased with the way it panned out either
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I can see Ben Hutton being moved if they decide to bring back Dan. Remember Edler has been approached at least once to waive and has balked. He married a local girl I believe and wants to stay here. That leaves Hutton on the left side as Elmer loves Sbisa and his contract is fairly unmovable. Good times.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :towel: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Where did I say that, pee pants? Just pointing out that he's in good company with those freshman numbers. You not agree that those are positive numbers? Or are you too busy soiling your ginch?
Toews was a 17 year old putting up his numbers. But why let that small tidbit get in the way of a bold statement.
So Boesers numbers as a freshman are not impressive? Leading his team in scoring as a freshman? A league filled with players 4 and 5 years older him? K boss
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:

Exactly why let the truth get in the way of his cradling of Elmers nutsack in his yap.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Ottawa looked hard for a centre. Obvious you can't get a top six this time of year and did inquire about a number of bottom six types but the price was too high. Interested in a couple of young centres being offered who were not going to replace Turris but would give them depth but was not willing to part with what was being asked.

Did Benning miss an opportunity to trade Vey for a 3rd or 4th?
The only HW the Canucks need
Mr.Miyagi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Mr.Miyagi »

So ... the draft will be interesting, as will July 1st.

The worst part of all of this is we have no reason to look forward to April. That's the best time to be a hockey fan, when your team is in the playoffs. Let's not start Oiling it up and looking to the draft every year. I want to look at April. Not June.

What a day to be a Canucks fan. Yikes.
In Okinawa, all Miyagi know two things: hockey and karate.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:

Exactly why let the truth get in the way of his cradling of Elmers nutsack in his yap.
toews 2nd year stats at ND the season after he was drafted - 18 goals, 24 assists in 34 games. A thousand times better than Boesers 18 year old stats
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Strangelove's expectations before the deadline:

1st for Hamhuis
2nd for Vrbata
5th for Bart
5th for Prust
(Or something to that effect)

Deadline day picks and assets received: 0 (actually lost our best and most affordable 4th liner on waivers)

Strangelove insists he is thrilled with what happened on deadline day.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Hockey Widow wrote: I have no problem with how Hamhuis handled this. My problem is that Benning, who knew he had two teams to work with, failed to get a deal done..

Toronto, Winnipeg and Calgary were all asked if they got good return and all three said it was a different TDD and you had to be able to read the market. Shaping up to look like Benning did not read the market. Tried to get Dallas to pump their offer and lost the deal that was on the table.
Wasn't the mantra in the fall "we want to see how things go" with Hamhuis and Vrbata? Weren't we all talking about how if the season went into the ditch they'd be good pieces to move at the deadline? Yeah, about all that...

I recall Doc a couple months ago saying Benning would be doing okay if he traded Hamhuis (retained) and Vrbata (retained) for a 1st and a 2nd. Well, I guess we didn't do okay...
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:I can see Ben Hutton being moved if they decide to bring back Dan. Remember Edler has been approached at least once to waive and has balked. He married a local girl I believe and wants to stay here. That leaves Hutton on the left side as Elmer loves Sbisa and his contract is fairly unmovable. Good times.
The same way you saw Horvat being moved by Christmas.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:

toews 2nd year stats at ND the season after he was drafted - 18 goals, 24 assists in 34 games. A thousand times better than Boesers 18 year old stats
18 28 44 in 34 games. It is more impressive .Please don't fudge the numbers just so you can compare Boeser to a top 5 player in the league. Benning hasn't proven a ton at the draft yet , so let's lay off on how he slays it at the draft table and is some legendary talent evaluator. And if he is any good , WHY IN THE FUCK WOULDNT HE WANT MORE PICKS INSTEAD OF LESS ?
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Benning was willing to take the Dallas deal but in the end Dallas picked Russell. It was Dallas choice. They did circle back at the end but their offer was not worth considering. Never got a concrete off er from Chicago.

Got no offers at all on Vrbata from his list of 8.

Benning, if we could have gotten something concrete for any of their players they would have taken them. Never got any real concrete offers and Dallas had a choice and went in that direction. Was adamant that he would have taken the Dallas deal if it was there.

Had discussions with Vrbata's list of 8 but at the end of the day, no offers.

Will evaluate once the year is over if they want Hamhuis back, not before.
Last edited by Hockey Widow on Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The only HW the Canucks need
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote: Toews was a 17 year old putting up his numbers. But why let that small tidbit get in the way of a bold statement.
Toews ND team when he was 17 was stacked.

Oshie, Stafford, Zajac

He put up 22 goals yes, in 42 games. Boeser putting up those stats as an 18 year old is nothing to sneeze at. As RD pointed out Toews actually scored less goals as an 18 year old, had a few more assists though.

I don't think anyone is saying we should expect a JT like player from Boeser, it's simply that his first year in College has been quite successful and that's encouraging.