Shinkaruk to Flames for Granlund

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Overtime
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: Shinkaruk to Flames for Granlund

Post by Overtime »

Arbour wrote:From knowledgeable Utica watchers: Shinkaruk has the innate natural ability to get into the open and find the puck from a rebound or a pass as he arrives and can convert in those situations which is generally how he gets his points, however, his passing is not particularly good, nor is his ability to carry the puck, his defensive game needs work and he is easily pushed off the puck. He can disappear for whole periods, but will score if left open. Consensus from the above is that he is still a work in progress and will need more time in the AHL, since the deficiencies in his game at this time, in spite of his point production, would not translate well at the next level.

Green seems to have a handle on his players and I would be surprised if he didn't have input into this deal. While Benning has the final say he certainly didn't ignore Green's input when acquiring Baertschi. Granlund's AHL point production is somewhat similar to Shinkaruk's ie 25 goals and 21 assists in 52 games in 2013/14 as a 20 year old.
That sounds a lot like Brett Hull. I am not sure I like this trade.
Overtime
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Overtime »

Overtime wrote:
Arbour wrote:From knowledgeable Utica watchers: Shinkaruk has the innate natural ability to get into the open and find the puck from a rebound or a pass as he arrives and can convert in those situations which is generally how he gets his points, however, his passing is not particularly good, nor is his ability to carry the puck, his defensive game needs work and he is easily pushed off the puck. He can disappear for whole periods, but will score if left open. Consensus from the above is that he is still a work in progress and will need more time in the AHL, since the deficiencies in his game at this time, in spite of his point production, would not translate well at the next level.

Green seems to have a handle on his players and I would be surprised if he didn't have input into this deal. While Benning has the final say he certainly didn't ignore Green's input when acquiring Baertschi. Granlund's AHL point production is somewhat similar to Shinkaruk's ie 25 goals and 21 assists in 52 games in 2013/14 as a 20 year old.
That sounds a lot like Brett Hull. I am not sure I like this trade.
In fact; I now officially state I hate this trade.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

There is a pretty decent chance that this trade will blow up in our faces down the road.

Or it could be looked back on as a meaningless swap between two fringe players.

Either way, Elmer is a wizard.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Shinkaruk as Brett Hull now?? lol just when you think you've heard it all. :hmmm:
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

SKYO wrote:Shinkaruk as Brett Hull now?? lol just when you think you've heard it all. :hmmm:
Didn't people say the same thing about Dane Fox when he scored 64 goals in 67 games?
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Jovocop wrote:
SKYO wrote:Shinkaruk as Brett Hull now?? lol just when you think you've heard it all. :hmmm:
Didn't people say the same thing about Dane Fox when he scored 64 goals in 67 games?
And bear in mind that in today's NHL Hull would not have been nearly as effective.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

damonberryman wrote:incest is becoming a problem here
Wait… Blobby and Nucklehead are related?!!! :shock:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

That's just plain silly, everyone can see he is more like Jari Kurri. :drink:
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Strangelove wrote:
damonberryman wrote:incest is becoming a problem here
Wait… Blobby and Nucklehead are related?!!! :shock:
Now THAT is funny, good thing I was not drinking coffee or I would need a new keyboard.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Rumsfeld wrote: Lol so I finally had a chance to quickly check out the reaction to this trade over at hf.

OMG what a bunch of sheetshitters! One dude said he was literally crying as he typed his post. :lol: Several others have sworn off Canuck fandom for life and insist they are selling their imaginary season tickets. Many are vowing to burn any and all Canucks merchandise they own.

I mean wow it's just ridiculous, even for that place. The average poster over there must be a fourteen year old girl with an eating disorder. :roll:
Yeah, it's called "mass hysteria" or "collective obsessional behavior".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_hysteria

This particular outbreak in Canuckdom of late calls to mind the Cat Nuns of France

.... and the LeRoy outbreak of 2011–12.

I personally recommend the quarantine of certain sections of Canuckdom (including all of hf).

I also recommend we stand staunchly on guard here in our Corner, lest the infected gain a foothold.

Don't you see, we must make a stand together in the name of Sanity!!!!

*overhears Blob muttering something to himself about cap-space* :evil: :twisted: :evil:
____
Try to focus on someday.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Strangelove wrote: Yeah, it's called "mass hysteria" or "collective obsessional behavior".

This particular outbreak in Canuckdom of late calls to mind the Cat Nuns of France

I personally recommend the quarantine of certain sections of Canuckdom (including all of hf).

I also recommend we stand staunchly on guard here in our Corner, lest the infected gain a foothold.

*overhears Blob muttering something to himself about cap-space* :evil: :twisted: :evil:
What the fuck has happened to Blob anyway?
He's turned from negative Nancy to troll to vindictive vinny.

I want the old Blob back
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

He's no Blobster.

I get the feeling the only thing he hates more than the Canucks is his own mother.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

A guy can't win here. I get grief for shitting on Benning and grief for loving the guy.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Strangelove wrote: Yeah, it's called "mass hysteria" or "collective obsessional behavior".

The Tank Spew Crew™ is definitely a part of that there mass hysteria (like women drinking CokeACola in the 20's).
Fickle fans are sometimes the Everything is Armageddon fan amirighteous?!....

Fuck the The Fudge Pack™...I'm all in for an effort from the boys....

Blobby is a Lizard
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Well from what I saw between trips to the shed...
I thought the guy can really skate and seems to be always working hard on the give and go's. He's not tiny but won't likely ever be the guy to run someone over and create a turnover.
Speed will be his game...unfortunately the playoffs are about running people over. He might hang around the nhl in a mason Raymond capacity.
If you need air...call it in