Jim help the twins

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ESQ
MVP
MVP

Re: Jim help the twins

Post by ESQ »

The_Pauser wrote:[ What I cannot understand is the Canucks letting Corrado go on waivers for nothing under a year later. A similar aged defenseman in a similar place in his career development, let go for nothing when we didn't need to lose him (had we simply put Higgins on LTIR).
Ironically, the blame for Corrado goes back to Gillis playing him in one extra game his first season and wasting a year of waiver exemption in exchange for Corrado playing game 5 when down 3-1 against the Kings.

At the end of the day, Corrado was the Canucks' ninth best defenseman. Sometimes players like that get jettisoned, not an especially big deal. Though I missed that he's finally cracked the Laffs' lineup, good for Frankie!
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Frank Corrado should get his own forum.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Rumsfeld wrote:Frank Corrado should get his own forum.
Thread?
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

rats19 wrote:
Thread?
Forum. Scratch that, site.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Rumsfeld wrote:
rats19 wrote:
Thread?
Forum. Scratch that, site.
Scratch that, All-Star Voting Campaign.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

*Scratches balls*

I'm get'n a Sbisa tatt

:eh:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Arachnid wrote:*Scratches balls*

I'm get'n a Sbisa tatt

On you balls?? :shock:
____
Try to focus on someday.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

^ very ballsy of him.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote:
Arachnid wrote:*Scratches balls*

I'm get'n a Sbisa tatt

On you balls?? :shock:
washes vigorously with a luca
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Frankie Corrado is the next Bobby Orr. Jim Benning is an idiot.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

RoyalDude wrote:
Your thoughts on Higgins and Burrows current contract value?' You don't seem to mind giving massive contracts to players in their 30's and tossing in NTC's as well. How do you like their games and handing out those kind of contracts to players who are 30 plus???? At least we are getting decent value for 30 plus players Miller and Vrbata

Burrows and Higgins contracts are boat anchors
That's a tad of an exaggeration. Higgins was fantastic value the last 2 seasons. This season, not so much, but he is coming back off of a broken ankle. Those usually take a few months of playing to really shake off. Burrows - yeah. He's overpaid. Probably by about $1million. But his role with the team has changed too, so why did Gillis pay him as the Twins' winger, and now he's a 2nd/3rd liner, playing 2+ seasons with a rotating list of players, and no chemistry? Over-paid, but under-utilized too.

I wonder what other GMs would have given Higgins and Burrows if they hit the open market instead of re-signing here??
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Canucks tried trading Hoggins last summer but nobody was interested due to contract value. We are stuck with him this year and next unless we buy him out. Wouldn't that be funny. 3 players acquired from Florida, we had to buy them out of their contracts
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

RoyalDude wrote:Canucks tried trading Hoggins last summer but nobody was interested due to contract value. We are stuck with him this year and next unless we buy him out. Wouldn't that be funny. 3 players acquired from Florida, we had to buy them out of their contracts
And you get this information from where??
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Tciso wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Canucks tried trading Hoggins last summer but nobody was interested due to contract value. We are stuck with him this year and next unless we buy him out. Wouldn't that be funny. 3 players acquired from Florida, we had to buy them out of their contracts
Benning. Talked about it to the media. They bring it up on 1040, all the time. Sorry buds, did not make this up. Your boi - HIggins, his contract sucks.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Tciso wrote:
Linden said it to an adult fan of professional wrestling.

Allegedly.