Jim help the twins

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Jim help the twins

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Rumsfeld wrote:Yeah if only we had Kevin Connauton here to swoop in and save the day.

Clendening for Forsling, now there's a smart trade.
Connauton is one of the better defencemen in the league .
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

RoyalDude wrote:A 2nd round pick and a 3rd round pick for stone hands Bernier

And then Bernier, a first round pick and Grabner (former 1st round pick by the Canucks) for Buyout Ballard

Gillis the genius
Don't forget that we also scored Victor Orsekovich in that deal too. :P

The best part is that Gillis didn't even make that trade at the deadline. He overpaid like that at the draft!!! :lol:
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Imagine the shit-flinging that would be going on if Gillis did something really retarded like trading Tyler Seguin.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote:Imagine the shit-flinging that would be going on if Gillis did something really retarded like trading Tyler Seguin.
Last I heard, before ownership, the GM has final say on things, and since Benning was ASSISTANT to the GM, something tells me that GM Chiarelli is where the blame goes, but hey good for Seguin in getting his house in order, it could have kept going Mike Richards style

Mike Gillis should just thank his lucky stars that Justin Schultz didn't bite on his contract offer. Ole Gillis wined and dined ole Schultz and everything, really wanted him. As we all know, being the mitigating disaster that Schultz is, that will go down as the best non-contract-acceptance this organization has ever had. Just wish that Sundin had made like Schultz and turned ole Luggage Eyes down. What a waste of MILLIONS that was.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Frankenswede played here for on season and along with Demitra and a young Kesler was the last time this team had a legitimate second line . Sundin played good down the stretch and into the playoffs . If not for some shoddy play by Willie Mitchell and Roberto Luongo that 2009 Canucks team should have been a conference finalist at the minimum. Who cares about spending 8.5 million prorated on Sundin for one season ? What a ridiculous thing to bitch about .
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

By all accounts, Benning was the driving force behind the Seguin trade.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Rumsfeld wrote:By all accounts, Benning was the driving force behind the Seguin trade.
Actually, all Jim did was say in "Behind the B" video that if they think they can win with the players they get in return, they should make the trade. And that they'll miss Seguin's speed, but they won't be spending time babysitting.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

ESQ wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:By all accounts, Benning was the driving force behind the Seguin trade.
Actually, all Jim did was say in "Behind the B" video that if they think they can win with the players they get in return, they should make the trade. And that they'll miss Seguin's speed, but they won't be spending time babysitting.
So he was for the trade then, and expressed that implicitly to his GM. Right.

Benning has never denied being a big part of the Seguin trade. It's hilarious how hard some of you guys will homer out to protect Dim Jim.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Rumsfeld wrote:
ESQ wrote:

Benning has never denied being a big part of the Seguin trade. It's hilarious how hard some of you guys will homer out to protect Dim Jim.
Has Jim ever been asked any direct question about supporting the trade?

Have you even watched this video that is the sole piece of evidence that your rumour is correct? Do you realize (a) JB doesn't bring up trading Seguin, Chiarelli does; (b) Only one guy in the room has any issue with trading him, and that's because he wants to get a bigger return with the right timing for a trade; and (c) the discussion was tabled and the decision was clearly left to that bald guy in the GM chair?

Or have you just read HFBoards threads and consider that expert analysis to be "by all accounts"?

Just in case, here it is.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Anyone with a brain who watches that video can see Benning is eager to trade him. He calls him a regular season player, obviously a shot at Seguin's heart. He says they can win with the players they get back and wisely adds "it is what it is" lol.

Does Benning have to slam his fists on the desk and scream "trade him he sucks" for you to read the obvious nuances of what's going on there? Jesus.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

She-ite, damn I forgot, old man Sundin and his bad knees made Kesler the player he is. Well worth the billions we spent on Matts retirement contract
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

ESQ wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:
ESQ wrote:

Has Jim ever been asked any direct question about supporting the trade?

Have you even watched this video that is the sole piece of evidence that your rumour is correct? Do you realize (a) JB doesn't bring up trading Seguin, Chiarelli does; (b) Only one guy in the room has any issue with trading him, and that's because he wants to get a bigger return with the right timing for a trade; and (c) the discussion was tabled and the decision was clearly left to that bald guy in the GM chair?

Or have you just read HFBoards threads and consider that expert analysis to be "by all accounts"?

Just in case, here it is.
Ouch maybe Rummy is one of the hf ball lickers like Verviticus or MS.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Hey fuck you! :twisted:

I'd post a witty remark if I hadn't been drinking RD's moonshine through a straw since morning.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:Yeah if only we had Kevin Connauton here to swoop in and save the day.

Clendening for Forsling, now there's a smart trade.
Connauton is one of the better defencemen in the league .

Connauton is back on waivers.

Hutton and Pedan are both waiver-exempt. Biega might not need waivers, since he was brought up as an emergency replacement for Sbisa (I think?).

But this led me to look at last night's TOI - Biega was 2nd amongst Dmen at almost 21:00. If Connauton is claimed, I would think Pedan goes down and Weber gets benched.

Connauton has had a weird season - only one Minus game since Oct 14, Torts benched him while he was riding a 4 game point streak, he put up +10 while the CBJs have gone 11-16 with him in the lineup...I dunno, he's still tantalizing I guess.