Jim help the twins

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Jim help the twins

Post by rats19 »

Rumsfeld wrote:
Tciso wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Canucks tried trading Hoggins last summer but nobody was interested due to contract value. We are stuck with him this year and next unless we buy him out. Wouldn't that be funny. 3 players acquired from Florida, we had to buy them out of their contracts
And you get this information from where??
Linden said it to an adult fan of professional wrestling.

Allegedly.
I have a friend whose cousin said the same thing........sorta
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

rats19 wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:
Tciso wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Canucks tried trading Hoggins last summer but nobody was interested due to contract value. We are stuck with him this year and next unless we buy him out. Wouldn't that be funny. 3 players acquired from Florida, we had to buy them out of their contracts

Allegedly.
Rats, the ultimate casual weekend warrior Canuck fan
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

RoyalDude wrote:
rats19 wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:
Tciso wrote:

Allegedly.
Rats, the ultimate casual weekend warrior Canuck fan
Other than I watch each and every game each and every year. You kind of nailed it dude. But not really, if you change the word canucks to Hockey...it describes me better. But make no mistake about the level of my canuck loyalty..
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

rats19 wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:
Tciso wrote:

Allegedly.
OK. I feel a lot better now. I thought it was only being picked up by people wearing those fancy tinfoil receivers on their heads.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I haven't watched professional wrestling since they changed the F to an E
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote:I haven't watched professional wrestling since they changed the F to an E

I got the biggest kick out of Hacksaw Jim Duggan... YO!!! :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Strangelove wrote:
Topper wrote:I haven't watched professional wrestling since they changed the F to an E

I got the biggest kick out of Hacksaw Jim Duggan... YO!!! :thumbs:
Mondi was big on the Iron Sheik. And Goldust.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

What makes it tough to tank is seeing Henrik Sedin, the teams captain, playing through pain to help this team win no matter what, as he really wants to help the team get into the playoffs, always believes and gives it his all for the Canucks.

Hopefully the team sees that and get inspired to help their captain, their team fight on.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

SKYO wrote:What makes it tough to tank is seeing Henrik Sedin, the teams captain, playing through pain to help this team win no matter what, as he really wants to help the team get into the playoffs, always believes and gives it his all for the Canucks.

Hopefully the team sees that and get inspired to help their captain, their team fight on.
Good statement Skyo...
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote:What makes it tough to tank is seeing Henrik Sedin, the teams captain, playing through pain to help this team win no matter what, as he really wants to help the team get into the playoffs, always believes and gives it his all for the Canucks.

What is the team exactly capable of doing here ? They are a bubble team with no injuries and a lottery team when they get some guys hurt . There isn't enough depth or talent that can chip in when injuries happen . Or are you expecting management to acquire a bandaid veteran(s) so the team can limp into the playoffs and get bootfucked like last year ?

I don't cheer for Vancouver to lose. I cheer for the other Pacific teams to win .
Last edited by Blob Mckenzie on Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Yeah this team is not playing well, and have had a lackluster showing, having said that, one has to take into account all the injuries various players this team has had this season, early in the season when the team was healthy we actually played pretty good even beating the cali teams in that cali run.

Having Sutter in and playing well enabled Horvat to play a more comfortable role and that subsequently helped every line.

Defense though is a different beast, hamhuis seemed hurt all season, not the same dman as we know from previous seasons. Yeah you hate Sbisa, but he's effective in spurts, adds that Pedan physicality.

Anyways like I said I want to tank, but you feel for Henrik, he gives it all, the sedins know they probably only got 2 or 3 more years left with the Canucks, in my opinion with the right support they got one good Cup run left in them.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I agree with your sentiments regarding Henry . He is a warrior and sure it would be good to see them go on a run while the twins are still here . It's possible if Ignitowski can hit a home run at the draft table and a couple other young guys exceed expectations . Stop signing dumb contracts and it could happen .

As an asside Virtanen looks like he is five years away from making an impact in the NHL .
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Kevin Connauton and a 2nd round draft pick for Derek Roy

Think we could use Connauton right now? Nice work Gillis
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

A 2nd round pick and a 3rd round pick for stone hands Bernier

And then Bernier, a first round pick and Grabner (former 1st round pick by the Canucks) for Buyout Ballard

Gillis the genius
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Yeah if only we had Kevin Connauton here to swoop in and save the day.

Clendening for Forsling, now there's a smart trade.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society