OOTS Dec 2015

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

OOTS Dec 2015

Post by Hockey Widow »

Flames down 3-0 against Stars heading in into the third but tie it up in the third. Plan the parade.

Montreal wins even though Price is out for at least 6 weeks.

OOTS not too bad if you want the Canucks to make the playoffs.
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: OOTS Dec 2015

Post by Hockey Widow »

Calgary wins it in a SO.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

With the OOTS tonight we are now in 22nd place, only six points out of 30th. Edmonton may soon pass us!
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Hockey Widow wrote:With the OOTS tonight we are now in 22nd place, only six points out of 30th. Edmonton may soon pass us!
We cam only hope
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Shea Weber with a hatrick tonight....*sigh*
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Leaves down Blues 4-1. Closing in.
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

Hockey Widow wrote:Leaves down Blues 4-1. Closing in.
We need to tank this year but it will not be a real tank job with the twins there. They have too much class to deliberately tank. We should trade them to a contender so they can play with a team that has a chance to go all the way. Of course, only if they want it as they have earned that right.

BTW. I do not consider the team to be pussies in '11. After taking it hard and saying rash things I will still support the talent we had. Let us not forget how biased the officiating was. Because it sounds like an excuse does not make it one. It is the truth now just as it was then. We had the more talented team and besides Tim Thomas there was not the same skill level. They were allowed to thug their way to that cup because their owner is a big shot in the NHL. In no other game I have ever seen played did a player (the rat) punch someone a number of times and not get a penalty. The NHL had a chance to make a strong statement supporting skilled hockey and it went with the thugs instead. Another American team won which is what the NHL wants. Is that not clear by now?
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

damonberryman wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Leaves down Blues 4-1. Closing in.
We need to tank this year but it will not be a real tank job with the twins there. They have too much class to deliberately tank. We should trade them to a contender so they can play with a team that has a chance to go all the way. Of course, only if they want it as they have earned that right.

BTW. I do not consider the team to be pussies in '11. After taking it hard and saying rash things I will still support the talent we had. Let us not forget how biased the officiating was. Because it sounds like an excuse does not make it one. It is the truth now just as it was then. We had the more talented team and besides Tim Thomas there was not the same skill level. They were allowed to thug their way to that cup because their owner is a big shot in the NHL. In no other game I have ever seen played did a player (the rat) punch someone a number of times and not get a penalty. The NHL had a chance to make a strong statement supporting skilled hockey and it went with the thugs instead. Another American team won which is what the NHL wants. Is that not clear by now?
Absolutely agree. Good post.
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

damonberryman wrote:
Let us not forget how biased the officiating was. Because it sounds like an excuse does not make it one....They were allowed to thug their way to that cup because their owner is a big shot in the NHL.... Another American team won which is what the NHL wants. Is that not clear by now?
That's certainly how it looked to me at the time, and nothing has changed my mind since.

If this is true, if the outcome is pre-determined (or even just heavily slanted), then why bother following the league at all ? I know that for many of you, the answer is something along the lines of "We just can't help ourselves". I'm sure Bettman was counting on that. What is the rational response for a Canucks fan ?
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

Ronning's Ghost wrote:
damonberryman wrote:
Let us not forget how biased the officiating was. Because it sounds like an excuse does not make it one....They were allowed to thug their way to that cup because their owner is a big shot in the NHL.... Another American team won which is what the NHL wants. Is that not clear by now?
That's certainly how it looked to me at the time, and nothing has changed my mind since.

If this is true, if the outcome is pre-determined (or even just heavily slanted), then why bother following the league at all ? I know that for many of you, the answer is something along the lines of "We just can't help ourselves". I'm sure Bettman was counting on that. What is the rational response for a Canucks fan ?
The only answer I can give is they are a big part of my life and always have been. Shit. I grew up less than a mile from the old Pacific barn and can still remember how excited I was when Van got a team. I guess the answer is simple. The Canucks are part of me.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

damonberryman wrote:BTW. I do not consider the team to be pussies in '11. After taking it hard and saying rash things I will still support the talent we had. Let us not forget how biased the officiating was. Because it sounds like an excuse does not make it one. It is the truth now just as it was then. We had the more talented team and besides Tim Thomas there was not the same skill level. They were allowed to thug their way to that cup because their owner is a big shot in the NHL. In no other game I have ever seen played did a player (the rat) punch someone a number of times and not get a penalty. The NHL had a chance to make a strong statement supporting skilled hockey and it went with the thugs instead. Another American team won which is what the NHL wants. Is that not clear by now?
Agreed. All season they spoke about cracking down on this sort of things, about cleaning up hockey, and AV instructed the team accordingly. Then in the final, the refs decided to let anything go and put away their whistles. It was frustrating, to say the least. We had the better team, but a team built for the new cleaner hockey. Turned out it was all a load of BS. :evil:

That, and Tim Thomas was standing on his head.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

And speaking of Thomas; seems the Oil has found a functioning goalie in Anders Nilsson. :(
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Per wrote: Agreed. All season they spoke about cracking down on this sort of things, about cleaning up hockey, and AV instructed the team accordingly. Then in the final, the refs decided to let anything go and put away their whistles. It was frustrating, to say the least. We had the better team, but a team built for the new cleaner hockey. Turned out it was all a load of BS. :evil:

That, and Tim Thomas was standing on his head.
Thomas played well, but he wasn't the difference maker. The Canucks had no net presence, and few good looks at the net that weren't from a poor angle or the outside. Cross-ice passes were nearly eliminated by the Bruins defense and the Sedin overload style of cycle. In every game of the 2011 playoffs in which the ref's put the whistle away, Tim Thomas "stood on his head". Tampa lit him up like time square's Christmas tree when the refs called the game clean and the east/west passing lanes opened.

I will always maintain that Tim Thomas would be nothing more than an average goaltender on teams that don't play the defensive game of the Bruins.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Marchand slash to Suban.......you'd think with a name like PK he'd go for the Chiclets.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Pretty sad that this kind of non-event is considered a major scrum these days!

Hey... watch Kessel from the 20-second mark to the 35-second mark. :lol: :look: :lol:

Kings go on to win 3-2 in a shootout...
____
Try to focus on someday.