Willy D death watch...

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Willy D death watch...

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

nuckster wrote:There's a club in Penticton called the 'Barking Parrot'. I don't know why for sure, but that name comes up in my mind when i read the repetitive nature of a certain someone's posts. Just saying. Hmmm how about the 'Royal Barking Parrot'?
Do they serve Fuzzy Navels there.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Jovocop wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote: Gudbranson is big but very average defensively and nowhere even remotely close to the physicality of Larsson. Seriously dude no comparison

Seriously??
Physicality isnt fighting ffs. Its on the wall and in front of the net. Gudbranson sure can throw em but Larsson wipes out your superstars all night long
Ask Teravainen

Ask Hall

Ask Malkin

Ask Wheeler

Ask Zubrus

Ask Little

Any more complains?? :mrgreen:
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Canucks should fire their hits guy.

Gudbranson: 2.2 Hits/game (T-37)
Larson: 3.1 Hits/game (9th)
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

BOKNOWS wrote: Hows Granlund & Baercheese dong? :shock: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol:
We've had good luck picking up Calgary's trash, hopefully Drew Shore will be the next diamond in the ruff. :lol:
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Jovocop wrote:
Ask Hall

Ask Malkin

Any more complains?? :mrgreen:
Yeah, those are beaut hits. Too bad we didn't see any of those types in a Canuck's uniform. I wonder if Guds hurt his hand in his fight against our old buddy Kassassian early in the season.

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I think Matt Martin hurt Eriks grill
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Yeah, those are beaut hits. Too bad we didn't see any of those types in a Canuck's uniform. I wonder if Guds hurt his hand in his fight against our old buddy Kassassian early in the season.
Gudbranson has only played 30 games in the West so far. Once he is more comfortable with the conference and the system, he will be a beast again.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

But more importantly did anyone see Tryamkin annihilate Blobbee's Boi - Jamie "Ryan Clowe" Benn the other night? It was a thing of beauty.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

RoyalDude wrote:But more importantly did anyone see Tryamkin annihilate Blobbee's Boi - Jamie "Ryan Clowe" Benn the other night? It was a thing of beauty.
lol annihilate.

With 5 inches and 20+ pounds, you'd hope the guy could win a fight...

Not sure why the hate for Benn. Local kid, helluva player, does it all. Easily better than anyone in the Canucks organization. I guess that makes you sad.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:But more importantly did anyone see Tryamkin annihilate Blobbee's Boi - Jamie "Ryan Clowe" Benn the other night? It was a thing of beauty.
lol annihilate.

With 5 inches and 20+ pounds, you'd hope the guy could win a fight...

Not sure why the hate for Benn. Local kid, helluva player, does it all. Easily better than anyone in the Canucks organization. I guess that makes you sad.
Czar casm....
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Not sure why the hate for Benn. Local kid, helluva player, does it all. Easily better than anyone in the Canucks organization. I guess that makes you sad.
Some folks don't like those Islander party boys...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Jovocop wrote:
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Yeah, those are beaut hits. Too bad we didn't see any of those types in a Canuck's uniform. I wonder if Guds hurt his hand in his fight against our old buddy Kassassian early in the season.
Gudbranson has only played 30 games in the West so far. Once he is more comfortable with the conference and the system, he will be a beast again.
I think maybe the system he knows is fine.
Willie seems to have a tendency NOT to reward tough play, in fact, think I've noticed ice time cut down for it.
Gudbranson, Tryamkin, etc. Doesn't appear to like guys taking themselves out of a game for two, or even worse, five minutes. Even if it's coincidental penalties. Just sayin..
"evolution"
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:I think Matt Martin hurt Eriks grill
Maybe, just in that fight vs Kassassian, it looks like he punches the boards then the back of Zack's helmet a couple times.
micky107 wrote: I think maybe the system he knows is fine.
Willie seems to have a tendency NOT to reward tough play, in fact, think I've noticed ice time cut down for it.
Gudbranson, Tryamkin, etc.
Maybe, but just the other day Willie D was not happy that Tryamkinsaurus was not physical enuff vs Marchand. Saying they would have won if Tryamkin played Marchand like he did J.Benn.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Indeed; He has sent a lot of mixed messages, especially, this year.
If we are confused at things, what of the players?
"evolution"
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

micky107 wrote:Indeed; He has sent a lot of mixed messages, especially, this year.
If we are confused at things, what of the players?
Well, not to put too fine a point on it, but Willie does talk DIRECTLY to the players, and not to you.. he doesn't have to sort through the hours of fantasy and speculation that you do.

I bet they players know exactly what he wants.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.