Willy D death watch...

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Willy D death watch...

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Larson and Hamilton are far better players than Gudbranson.
Oh yeah, far better alright. Lol and to think - the Flames and Oilers gave up more for them than we for Gudranson.
I'm with Blob about the coiler dude. So far theres absolutely no comparison with Larsen. He hits like a fuckin tank and is an excellent defensive dman.
They won that trade hands down.
He's nothing special, especially for giving up a former 1st overall pick for him in Taylor Hall.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

RoyalDude wrote:
Ronning's Ghost wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Again - devestating no trades that set this organization back centuries
Almost ! Three and half posts without referencing the previous management group.

The trouble with citing the impact of no-trade clauses is that one of your favourite examples of a bad Gillis signing, Jason Garrison, had a no-trade clause, and was moved anyway early in Benning's tenure.
So are we just choosing to ignore here that Kesler exercised that right by only waived to one team - Anaheim? Bennings fault?
I took Blob's hint and replied in The Great Jim Benning Debate! thread.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

RoyalDude wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Oh yeah, far better alright. Lol and to think - the Flames and Oilers gave up more for them than we for Gudranson.
I'm with Blob about the coiler dude. So far theres absolutely no comparison with Larsen. He hits like a fuckin tank and is an excellent defensive dman.
He's nothing special, especially for giving up a former 1st overall pick for him in Taylor Hall.
I probably watch more oiler games than canucks these days(living fairly close) and if Gudbranson could develop into an Adam Larson I'd be stoked. Heres a little about how happy coiler nation are with the trade
http://oilonwhyte.com/2017/03/10/edmont ... ilers-won/
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
I probably watch more oiler games than canucks these days(living fairly close) and if Gudbranson could develop into an Adam Larson I'd be stoked. Heres a little about how happy coiler nation are with the trade
http://oilonwhyte.com/2017/03/10/edmont ... ilers-won/

Ahhhhgain...nothing special

Ahhhhgain....they had to give up 1st overall pick Taylor Hall to get him.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

RoyalDude wrote:

Lol...just like the current edition of the canucks doesnt need toughness or grit...they'll make 'em pay on the powerplay? Hahaha
This culture of pussy in canuckland has been around so long that the inmates are all feeling for the jailors. Funny how it coincidentally has to do with swedes and their damn capital...

Adam Larson is the coils best right side dman now. He plays against the opponents best players and is doing a helluva job. Nobody in coilerville misses taylor hall and everyone loves what AL brings.
If nothing special were dressed in canucks colours you would be pretty happy
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:

Lol...just like the current edition of the canucks doesnt need toughness or grit...they'll make 'em pay on the powerplay? Hahaha
This culture of pussy in canuckland has been around so long that the inmates are all feeling for the jailors. Funny how it coincidentally has to do with swedes and their damn capital...

Adam Larson is the coils best right side dman now. He plays against the opponents best players and is doing a helluva job. Nobody in coilerville misses taylor hall and everyone loves what AL brings.
We gave up AHL'er bad tude, lightweight - McCann, who has been harshly criticized by the fans, media and Panther Organization right now, a 2nd a 4th for a 24 year old Gudbranson, who is "tough" himself, and can too actually play the NHL game. The Oilers gave up Former 1st overall pick - Taylor Hall for Larsson. Hall has missed 10 games this season due to an injury but has put up good numbers 17 goals and 30 assists. It's not like the Oilers got Larsson for nothing.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

RoyalDude wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:

We gave up AHL'er bad tude, lightweight - McCann, who has been harshly criticized by the fans, media and Panther Organization right now, a 2nd a 4th for a 24 year old Gudbranson, who is "tough" himself, and can too actually play the NHL game. The Oilers gave up Former 1st overall pick - Taylor Hall for Larsson. Hall has missed 10 games this season due to an injury but has put up good numbers 17 goals and 30 assists. It's not like the Oilers got Larsson for nothing.
Gudbranson is big but very average defensively and nowhere even remotely close to the physicality of Larsson. Seriously dude no comparison
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:

Gudbranson is big but very average defensively and nowhere even remotely close to the physicality of Larsson. Seriously dude no comparison
Put Gudbranson in front of Talbot instead of Larsson.....is Talbot still looking as good? Are the Oilers even in a WC spot? I think probably not.
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

There's a club in Penticton called the 'Barking Parrot'. I don't know why for sure, but that name comes up in my mind when i read the repetitive nature of a certain someone's posts. Just saying. Hmmm how about the 'Royal Barking Parrot'?
cc oldtimer
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

Mëds wrote: Put Gudbranson in front of Talbot instead of Larsson.....is Talbot still looking as good? Are the Oilers even in a WC spot? I think probably not.
Put Willie behind the bench in Edm, are the Oilers anywhere close to where they are?

On the flip side, put McLennan behind the Canucks bench, are they a playoff team? Probably not, but at least he wouldn't have that fucking clipboard in his hands every time the camera pans across the Canucks bench.

Bush league, minor league coach. Can't wait till he's gone.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Gudbranson is big but very average defensively and nowhere even remotely close to the physicality of Larsson. Seriously dude no comparison
Larsson >>> Gudbranson

Hall>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>McCann
____
Try to focus on someday.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Gudbranson is big but very average defensively and nowhere even remotely close to the physicality of Larsson. Seriously dude no comparison

Seriously??

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Jovocop wrote:

Seriously??

LOL
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

vic wrote:
Mëds wrote: Put Gudbranson in front of Talbot instead of Larsson.....is Talbot still looking as good? Are the Oilers even in a WC spot? I think probably not.
Put Willie behind the bench in Edm, are the Oilers anywhere close to where they are?

On the flip side, put McLennan behind the Canucks bench, are they a playoff team? Probably not, but at least he wouldn't have that fucking clipboard in his hands every time the camera pans across the Canucks bench.

Bush league, minor league coach. Can't wait till he's gone.
Larsson is a better defenseman. Gudbranson is probably tougher, but not as tough defensively.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Jovocop wrote:

Seriously??
Physicality isnt fighting ffs. Its on the wall and in front of the net. Gudbranson sure can throw em but Larsson wipes out your superstars all night long