OOTS Nov 2015

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: OOTS Nov 2015

Post by Cornuck »

Rumsfeld wrote:Ripping good yarn!
Line of the week! :D
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Ducks up 2 zip with a little over a minute to go......loses to hawks in OT....
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
rikster
MVP
MVP

Post by rikster »

The Penguins might be one of the few teams softer than the Canucks and after tonight you wonder if they finally go out and find a heavyweight or two to protect their skill players...

Take care...
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

The Penguins might be one of the few teams softer than the Canucks and after tonight you wonder if they finally go out and find a heavyweight or two to protect their skill players...

Take care...
Yup because that whole big stage-fighting dorks who play two shifts stopping the other team from playing their game against your good players works in 2015. Yup.
rikster
MVP
MVP

Post by rikster »

Yup because that whole big stage-fighting dorks who play two shifts stopping the other team from playing their game against your good players works in 2015. Yup.
lol, I was hoping for better than that....

But at worse if that dork's presence cuts down on the vicious attacks on one of the games best players, I'd put him on the roster...

And looking over the 3rd and 4th lines and the d pairings from last nights game, the dork might be able to hold down a regular spot....

Chris Kunitz – Nick Bonino – Beau Bennett

Sergei Plotnikov – Matt Cullen – Eric Fehr

Rob Scuderi – Kris Letang

Brian Dumoulin – Ben Lovejoy

Ian Cole – Adam Clendeni

Take care...
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Oiler fans are the biggest idiots on the planet. They are in last place of the league, again...at over the quarter point and they are happy. Go figure, the 18 year old pimple faced McJesus will save the day. The great Yakupov has completely sucked as per usual since McJesus went down, I guess he will be the new BJ MacDonald to McJesus was What MacDonald was to Gretzky just a beneficiary to all of Waynes masterful work. The fans continue to blame the guys on the 3rd and 4th lines and bottom pairing D-men, the guys making Hall, Eberle's, RNH and Yaks chump change. But hey it's all good there. Last place rules. Don't blame the first overall pick golden childs making Kabillion dollar salaries, it's not their fault, it's Letustu's fault, Lander's fault, Fayne's fault, Gybra's fault.

You win with your best players, that's why they make the money they do. Kind of like what the Sedins are doing here. But in Edmonton? Leave Hall, Eberle, RNH, Yak, Schultz alone...it's not their fault.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

But at worse if that dork's presence cuts down on the vicious attacks on one of the games best players, I'd put him on the roster...
I just think that whole concept is a complete fallacy in this day and age. There isn't any recourse for those thugs. They can't just slowly skate around the rink trying to lure the attacker into a fight nor are they good enough to dish out a "retaliatory" hit.

It's not that rough a game any more. Physicality and size in the scope of one's own performance and ability to win puck battles does matter, but that whole "oh shit they've got Probert on the end of the bench. I better behave" era is way, way gone.
rikster
MVP
MVP

Post by rikster »

I just think that whole concept is a complete fallacy in this day and age
The Dorsets/Prusts are lightweight/ heavyweights, I'm thinking the Tom Wilson , Matt Martin, Chris Neil types...

Fighting is maybe even secondary to face rubbing and scrums and just being a bully on the ice...And a protector..

Speaking of the Canucks who suffer the same problem, I respect that the team is a very gentlemanly team, but much like the overly nice guy never gets the pretty girl I'd like the team to be a little less nice and a bit more truculent....

Actually quite a bit more truculent...

Take care...
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

rikster wrote:
The Dorsets/Prusts are lightweight/ heavyweights, I'm thinking the Tom Wilson , Matt Martin, Chris Neil types...

Fighting is maybe even secondary to face rubbing and scrums and just being a bully on the ice...And a protector..

Speaking of the Canucks who suffer the same problem, I respect that the team is a very gentlemanly team, but much like the overly nice guy never gets the pretty girl I'd like the team to be a little less nice and a bit more truculent....

Take care...

The Canucks style of play (lack of toughness) works fine in regular season, but unless Buttman does his job and tells the refs to call games in the play-offs the same we won't win anything.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

rikster wrote:

Take care...
Old notions, like old habits, die hard I guess.

I'm not against players who use their size in the flow of the game to win puck battles and create chances, but I don't think the # of face washes/60 would correlate all that strongly with Ws.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

the toucan kid wrote: Old notions, like old habits, die hard I guess.

I'm not against players who use their size in the flow of the game to win puck battles and create chances, but I don't think the # of face washes/60 would correlate all that strongly with Ws.
Screw Ws, fans want to be . . . E N T E R T A I N E D !!!

Ever notice how all the fans stand when there is a fight or a major skirmish?

Once upon a time, fans bought tickets based mostly upon the likely possibility of a bench-clearing brawl!

These days, most games, most fans complain about most games being boring.

These days, most fans find their cell phones to be much more interesting than the game.

(I'm not passing any judgments here... maybe they're right!)

Call me old-fashioned but I find the following very entertaining indeed....

Bet you never knew the real reason they put up the glass eh Touc? :wink:

Yup, fans got their money's-worth back in the day...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Tears for Bernie? :drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Professional wrestling remains an option Prez.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

the toucan kid wrote:
Professional wrestling remains an option Prez.
I don't like wrestling.

I like hockey players beating the hell outta fans with their own shoes!!

Got it? :twisted:
____
Try to focus on someday.
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Out of Town Scoreboard is very good for us so far tonight. A couple of 3 point games and both Calgary and Edmonton winning.