HEY Blobby Mac this Buds for You... Zack Attack Kassian

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

paddy
CC Veteran

HEY Blobby Mac this Buds for You... Zack Attack Kassian

Post by paddy »

Your boy got into a truck accident in Montreal not long after he got bitch slapped by Mark Fraeser in Toronto last week cheer up butter cup this ones for u... The Zack Attack with a cameo by the dearly departed although only his wife knows where his body is Casey Kasem....

Zack wants to model his game after Cam Neely in ask a Hab boy will those hab fans be disappointed

whether you like it or don't like it learn to live with it because its the best thing going today...
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: HEY Blobby Mac this Buds for You... Zack Attack Kassian

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

And now he's a Coiler . Should be interesting to watch this play out . As much as I wanted the kid to succeed here it was the right move by Ignitowski to move him and is actually one of the better moves he has made here . That actually says a lot .

Hopefully the kid can get it together and carve out a decent career because I think this might be the last straw.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

I think this is a great pickup for the Oil. He's exactly the type of guy they desperately need, a big gritty guy who can score. I remember my Kassassian had some very good games vs the Oil, bit of an Oiler killer (much like how Marchand and Hejduk killed us). Oil mgmt probably remembered. If u can't beat them, join them. But I guess for the Oil it goes: if he kills ya, go out and get him. :lol:

This might be Zack Attack's last kick @ the can. If he can't live up to his potential playing with the likes of Nooby-Hopkins, Hall, Draistl, Eberle and McJesus, then he can forget about it. Might as well pack it in, find a well paying trade like construction to pay for his habit. As much as I luv my Canucks, a part of me won't mind if Kass has some big games vs us, so he can flip the bird @ Trev, JB and Willie D. Maybe not actually doing it, but by his actions. Boy, our mgmt team will feel the heat if that happens. :P

Speaking of the Oil, they should seriously try to trade one of their top young forwards for a good young D-man like Seth Jones. If they can do that, they'll be competitive for years to come. Probably start kicking our butts again, much like the 80 Oilers.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

I still say Benning should have claimed him back when the Habs put him on waivers.

Send him to Utica for 2 weeks on a conditioning stint. Bring him back and if he plays well and goes on a tear you flip him at the deadline to some GM who think Kassian finally has it together. Boom. Just got Prust for a 5th rounder and Kassian paid back doubly. LOL!

If Kassian didn't pan out you waive him back to Utica. He's on an expiring contract, so who cares.

Our team is still butter soft, even with Prust and Dorsett. Stick Higgins in the press box and just rumble around for a few weeks with a bigger body in his place.

It might be bad form, but it would have been good asset management.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Mëds wrote:I still say Benning should have claimed him back when the Habs put him on waivers.
They were going to buy him out if nobody took him via trade. They want nothing to do with him.

It appears the Canadiens want nothing to do with him too.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Yeah sorry Bersnoozi there should be no heat for management if Kassian turns into a good player . He is an addict and was obviously a distraction they didn't want around the club .I am no fan of this management but it absolutely was the right move to guilotine him . I wasn't a fan of the trade until I found out about how bad his problems were and how much they had tried to work with him .

Who in the fuck is Nooby Hopkins ?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: As much as I luv my Canucks, a part of me won't mind if Kass has some big games vs us, so he can flip the bird @ Trev, JB and Willie D.
Umm yeah Todd, well that's a part of the part of you that's gotta go pal! :thumbs:

If Kass was the type to flip the bird @ Canucks Management, why not flip it at every NHL team's management?

Afterall, any+every team could have had him for free when he was on waivers 2 weeks ago.

Hell, even the Oil wouldn't take him unless they were able to dump a bad contract in the deal (Scrivens).

Anyhoo, I hear that the first thing they teach you in rehab is to change your bird-flipping ways...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Who in the fuck is Nooby Hopkins ?
Yet another part of the part of Todd that's gotta go!! :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Like most I wanted Zack to have a great career starting in Vancouver. Once gone he is the enemy and I could care less if he ever plays another nhl game...we owe him nothing....not even my wishes....
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Strangelove wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Who in the fuck is Nooby Hopkins ?
Yet another part of the part of Todd that's gotta go!! :thumbs:
Toddbergottaanicknameeverybodysnoozi
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

rats19 wrote: Toddbergottaanicknameeverybodysnoozi
Is that why they call him Wee Todd? :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

I have no ideal how kass will turn out, could be like Stoll or M Richards?
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Strangelove wrote:
rats19 wrote: Toddbergottaanicknameeverybodysnoozi
Is that why they call him Wee Todd? :mex:
Certainly one of the reasons...
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Yeah sorry Bersnoozi there should be no heat for management if Kassian turns into a good player . He is an addict and was obviously a distraction they didn't want around the club .I am no fan of this management but it absolutely was the right move to guilotine him . I wasn't a fan of the trade until I found out about how bad his problems were and how much they had tried to work with him .
Well, I'm the one who reported here that Kass had serious off ice issues, way b4 it even came out in the media. I'll admit that I am biased and I like my Kassassian. Zack probably needed a reality check to get over his demons (hopefully he is), but I still think the current mgmt here didn't really give him a fair shake. They just never seemed very enamoured with him no matter what he did and they just didn't seem very interested to work with him. Maybe that's cuz of a lot of stuff behind the scenes, we just don't know. I know this, Torts and MG were willing to work with him. He had his best year under Torts and Torts wouldn't even play him with the Sedins. He was one of our better forwards most nites that year. MG was willing to work with him, but obviously MG had a vested interest to see Zack reach his potential. Anywho, I'm sure we'll find out soon how Zack will do with the Oil and if he truely has his demons behind him.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

The Canucks needed Zach to be top six. The Oilers don't. They need him to protect McJesus. They need him to provide toughness. Problem is Zach is hit and miss in that department. He didn't want to be a fighter but I think the Oilers really want him to be that. They don't need his Bertuzzi hands. I think he will disappoint in Edmonton.
The only HW the Canucks need