Lineup Predictions 2015-16

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Horvat1C
CC Veteran

Lineup Predictions 2015-16

Post by Horvat1C »

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata
Baertschi - Sutter - Burrows
Higgins - Horvat - Hansen
Prust - Vey - Dorsett

Gaunce, Virtanen, Jones, Kennins

Edler - Tanev
Hamhuis - Weber
Sbisa - Corrado

Bartkowsi, Biega

Miller
Markstrom

I put Vrbata with the Sedins to inflate his value, as he will probably be shipped out at the deadline. Burrows and Sutter are veterans who can mentor Baertschi. Higgins and Hansen continue to mentor Horvat. If Horvat REALLY starts pushing for the #2 center role, we could move Sutter down and have one of the best checking lines in the league:

Higgins - Sutter - Hansen

I think it's important to keep Higgins in the bottom six because IF we are trading him at the deadline, he will be a bottom six player on his new team. I also think Virtanen will be sent down, with some call-ups in the season. I think he should be sent down, just to really round out his offensive game. We have enough players to replace the people we are likely going to trade (Vrbata, Prust, Higgins). We have a lot of options, and that's something I really like.

The D-core could undoubtedly use some work, but I think it will be solid enough barring injuries, especially with Bartkowski as the 7th defenseman. I think, if everyone is healthy back there, we could get away with trading Hamhuis, because our left side would still be Edler, Sbisa, Bartkowski, which is all we really need for the last month and a half of the season.

I think after this year we are going to see a LOT of the prospects make the jump (Gaunce and Virtanen for sure, with maybe Shinkaurik, Cassels, McCann, Hutton and Subban getting LONG looks).

Reply with yours and any criticisms of mine. :D
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Re: Lineup Predictions 2015-16

Post by 5thhorseman »

I'm no guru when it comes to the rules surrounding player movement, but I gather from all that I read on this board that we can't call up Virtanen once we send him to junior. It's 9 games and then make a decison. Or, I may be wrong. Possibly. Whatever.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Sedin Sedin Arvedsson
Naslund Gradin Samuelsson
Brasar Sundstrom Molin
Robertson Sundin M Lindgren

Ohlund Edler
Nordmark Rohlin
L Lindgren Eldebrink

Lack
Hedberg
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I actually think that Swedish lineup takes a Canucks all time Canadian born team . Tre Kronor been very good to Vancouver . :) those four centres are better than any Canadian centre we've ever had and the d pairing is slightly worse than the Lumme and Salo pairing the Finns could boast . Teams are built through the middle and the D and when the best Canadian centre is Morrison and D man Jovo we are in trouble .
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Horvat1C
CC Veteran

Post by Horvat1C »

5thhorseman wrote:I'm no guru when it comes to the rules surrounding player movement, but I gather from all that I read on this board that we can't call up Virtanen once we send him to junior. It's 9 games and then make a decison. Or, I may be wrong. Possibly. Whatever.
If we can't call him up, then we just let him play his 9 games and wait for next season :cry:.

Too bad he has to go to the WHL, not the AHL. He could learn a lot more there.

I think it's for the best, though. Hopefully he can really create a lot of offence there.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Baertschi - Sutter - Vrbata
Higgins - Horvat - Dorsett
Kenins - Gaunce - Virtanen (kid line)

Prust

Hansen traded for an asshole vet depth dee, Vey slipped through on waivers...

Edler - Tanev
Hamhuis - Weber
Sbisa - Bartkowski

Asshole Vet Depth Dee
Corrado

Miller
Markstrom

Yeah,okay, no way Kenins beats out Prust, I just liked the way it looked on paper.

Althooooooough, with Higgins out for the first few weeks.... :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Sedin Sedin Virtanen
BearJee Sutter Verb
Gaunce Bo Burr
Prust Vey Dorsett

Kenins

Hansen breaks his hand attempting to stick-handle

:mex:
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Lack
Hedberg
No Bob Essensa?!

And where does Cowan the Brabarian slot in?
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

I think you keep Vrbata on the second line. Let him help Baertschi learn how to score, or at least get into the right positions to score - he probably needs more work on positioning without the puck than with it. Unless we find we need Burrows' defensive abilities down a line or two, leave him with the Sedins with whom we know there's chemistry.

Since Hansen brings what Higgins does and he's three years younger, keep the Dane. Although Higgins is the glue, so... what do I know?
Rayxor
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rayxor »

ESQ wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Lack
Hedberg
No Bob Essensa?!

And where does Cowan the Brabarian slot in?
No artificial swedeners
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

The biggest problem with all these fantasy lineups is that we only have 4 legit top-6 forwards: Sedins, Sutter, Vrbata, and some may argue that Sutter still has to prove himself.

Everyone seems to be pencilling in Baertschi like he's a bonafide 2nd liner but the reality is that he just got turfed from the Flames for a 2nd rounder and he's not even got a season's worth of games under his belt. I think he could turn out to be a real good player but realistically it's not gonna happen this season.

Likewise Burrows has been going downhill for a while now and unless he gets paired with the Sedins I don't think he's going to produce much. For that reason I think he will get paired with the Sedins.

So sooner or later Baertschi will be moved down to where he belongs and we'll be seeing Higgins, Hansen, Prust, etc. given a spell and the usual CC debates over whether so and so is 2nd line material. Same old same old.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

5thhorseman wrote: Everyone seems to be pencilling in Baertschi like he's a bonafide 2nd liner...
I could see Kenins (that's right!) and Baertschi taking turns in that spot/press-box.

True, neither one is a bonafide 2nd liner, but it's more like a 2A/2B situation and we's be rolling 4 lines.

The fun in a rebuild is watching to see which youngsters rise up and claim which positions amirite? :mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Strangelove wrote:The fun in a rebuild is watching to see which youngsters rise up and claim which positions amirite? :mrgreen:
True. I hope we can turf one more vet and see a lot of Gaunce, Kenins, Virtanen, and Baertschi this year. Should be fun to watch. Someone may rise up and "claim" the 2nd line position, but only by virtue of being better than the other grunts, but I don't think any of these youngsters will pot 15-20 goals this year, do you?
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

So is Virtanen going to learn anything more in Junior? I don't see why we can't bring him along like we did with Horvat last year.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

5thhorseman wrote:...but I don't think any of these youngsters will pot 15-20 goals this year, do you?
As an overly optimistic fan, I refuse to answer on the grounds I may be flamed to death. :wink:
____
Try to focus on someday.