Trade Proposal (NYI)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Horvat1C
CC Veteran

Trade Proposal (NYI)

Post by Horvat1C »

First time posting so take it easy on me.

At the 2015-16 trade deadline, the New York Islanders look like they will be in serious playoff contention in the east. What if we make a deal at the deadline that looks something along the lines of:

To NYI:

Higgins, Hamhuis, 2nd round pick in 2016

To VAN:

Michael Dal Colle, 3rd round pick in 2016

We would have to retain some salary on Hammer though. I think we could sign Hammer back in free agency anyways since he is from B.C. Higgins is a versatile player that still has some years left.

We end up with an amazing future first line:

Dal Colle - Horvat - Virtanen

Then maybe ship out Shinkaurik or Baertschi for a D prospect? Something like:

To ANA:

Shinky/Baertchi, 3rd round pick 2017

To VAN:

Shea Theodore

Gives us a really good prospect on defense. Anaheim`s currently has a very young D core, so I think they can afford to make this trade.

We could also ship out Vrbata at the deadline at receive at least a first-rounder, so there`s that option as well
Topper
CC Legend

Re: Trade Proposal (NYI)

Post by Topper »

Rookie mistake

viewforum.php?f=5
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Horvat1C
CC Veteran

Post by Horvat1C »

What's wrong with it?
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Put it in the Trade Rumours forum, no one ever reads those.

Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Horvat1C wrote:What's wrong with it?
The Islanders took Dal Colle 5th overall. They saw him as being better than Virtanen.

I doubt they trade him for a 3rd line forward, a rental top-3 defenceman, and a 2nd round pick.....I'm pretty sure we would be pissed if Benning dealt Virtanen for something similar.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Would this trade work in NHL 2016 or have they updated the AI to shoot down this junk in the decade since I last played that franchise?

Welcome to the boards, by the way!
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

Horvat1C wrote:First time posting so take it easy on me.
Yeah. Welcome. Nice to have new posters
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

dbr wrote:Would this trade work in NHL 2016 or have they updated the AI to shoot down this junk in the decade since I last played that franchise?

I just played a little NHL 14 the other day and you can change the trade difficulty now.
Lloyd Braun
CC Veteran

Post by Lloyd Braun »

Benjo wrote:
dbr wrote:Would this trade work in NHL 2016 or have they updated the AI to shoot down this junk in the decade since I last played that franchise?

I just played a little NHL 14 the other day and you can change the trade difficulty now.
That was the last version I played ('cause fuck the new generation of consoles) and the hardest difficulty was still "just throw in more fifth round picks to get it done." Easy difficulties are for people who want all-star teams with minimal effort.

Maybe it's time to update the snark, and go with:
"Stop playing EANHL, and switch to a halfway decent engine! It still won't be reality, but at least you'll have to learn to be opportunistic to have a shot at winning a deal."

Maybe not. Games will be games, and any game where a player can routinely beat the AI will be more forgiving than reality. But trade proposal threads would be improved massively if more posters understood that when a GM wants to specifically target a valuable asset, he has to be willing to "lose" the deal pretty well every time. If a GM wants to "win" a trade, he has to circle the herd and pick at wounded animals as they're cast aside. At least Eastside Hockey Manager nails that much.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

EHM was relatively realistic. Probably the best game out there if you want to play armchair GM. Damn shame they never continued it. I know there are mods but don't know if any have updated to reflect the latest CBA. Would be nice if they did.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Lloyd Braun
CC Veteran

Post by Lloyd Braun »

Lancer wrote:Damn shame they never continued it.
Would be nice if they did.
Check the link in the post you replied to. It'll direct you to the Steam Store for "Eastside Hockey Manager: Early Access Edition".

It's a new iteration from 2007, with not too much changed yet. Most of the differences are behind the scenes, with one example being the addition of more specific "archetypes" in the database to determine pathways of player progression and avoid the problem of everybody eventually becoming a jack of all trades. Updates are every two weeks and are mostly minor tweaks, not new systems. I seem to remember some chatter about moving out of early access by the end of the year.

Realistically, the update is 90% 2007 and 10% new game. It definitely re-awakened the old addiction, but it's still hilariously locked to 1024x768. This is the same studio that makes Football Manager every year, but EHM isn't getting much love. There seem to be only a handful of coders contributing to it as a side-project for the studio.

However, it's only $15, has been updated to the new CBA, new leagues, new alignments, and other such changes. It's easily the best hockey management sim out there, and is improving every second week.

The great hope is that enough people buy the early access game to convince the studio to put some more resources behind it. Something the quality of Football Manager would be amazing.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mark my words - Dal Colle is a bust. They will regret not drafting Virtanen

Pulock is the Islanders best prospect, would love him but there is no way they are trading him

Barzal is the next Zach Hamil
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Lloyd Braun wrote:
Lancer wrote:Damn shame they never continued it.
Would be nice if they did.
Check the link in the post you replied to. It'll direct you to the Steam Store for "Eastside Hockey Manager: Early Access Edition".

It's a new iteration from 2007, with not too much changed yet. Most of the differences are behind the scenes, with one example being the addition of more specific "archetypes" in the database to determine pathways of player progression and avoid the problem of everybody eventually becoming a jack of all trades. Updates are every two weeks and are mostly minor tweaks, not new systems. I seem to remember some chatter about moving out of early access by the end of the year.

Realistically, the update is 90% 2007 and 10% new game. It definitely re-awakened the old addiction, but it's still hilariously locked to 1024x768. This is the same studio that makes Football Manager every year, but EHM isn't getting much love. There seem to be only a handful of coders contributing to it as a side-project for the studio.

However, it's only $15, has been updated to the new CBA, new leagues, new alignments, and other such changes. It's easily the best hockey management sim out there, and is improving every second week.

The great hope is that enough people buy the early access game to convince the studio to put some more resources behind it. Something the quality of Football Manager would be amazing.
Great news! :D Thanks LB. Time to get signed up on steam!
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

:look: LB :look:

Lloyd Braun
CC Veteran

Post by Lloyd Braun »

Topper wrote::look: LB :look:
:( :oops: