Jim Ignitowski Benning

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Jim Ignitowski Benning

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: I am not a huge Lack honk I just feel that if there is any difference between the two guys it sure as shit isn't 4.85 million dollars annually .
What do you think Lack and his agent will demand when he becomes a UFA at the end of this season?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I guess if his forte is scouting/drafting and development and he only adds vets on short term contracts then he can't really hamstring the franchise for that long.
His trading of second rounders for garbage players like Spisa and that little Jew fro center who I can't remember his name right now are fails but everyone fucks up sooner or later I guess...
We all know the team is transitioning right now and he does appear to be adding quality young forwards so I am ok with what's going down.
Where's the defense prospects though?!?!
If you need air...call it in
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Uncle dans leg wrote:I guess if his forte is scouting/drafting and development and he only adds vets on short term contracts then he can't really hamstring the franchise for that long.
His trading of second rounders for garbage players like Spisa and that little Jew fro center who I can't remember his name right now are fails but everyone fucks up sooner or later I guess...
We all know the team is transitioning right now and he does appear to be adding quality young forwards so I am ok with what's going down.
Where's the defense prospects though?!?!

He didn't trade a second for Sbisa. Sbisa was part of the Kesler deal.

He traded a second for Vey, Baertschi and a trade down for a third in the Sutter. In fairness he has only traded one Canuck 2nd. The one for Vey was from Tampa for Garrison. The trade down was the 2nd from Anahem in the Bieksa trade.
The only HW the Canucks need
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Oh yeah...lol
Well there ya go...we all fuck up sometimes?!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

The 2nd for Bart-she was one move I think has a better chance of being a win. I like that kids moves.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: I am not a huge Lack honk I just feel that if there is any difference between the two guys it sure as shit isn't 4.85 million dollars annually .
What do you think Lack and his agent will demand when he becomes a UFA at the end of this season?
Nowhere near six million a season . I would guess around 3.5- 4 million tops . Keep in mind he has made a total of 2.3 over last season and this one . So during the life of Millers 18 million dollar ticket Lack will have made about 6 million for basically equal goaltending . It's decisions like that and the Sutter and Sbisa contracts that fuck up what should have been a huge amount of cap space for July 2016. What could have been 30 million cap space will be more like 18-20 million not to mention replacements for Hamhuis and Vrbata will eat up a large chunk of that .

Is the team that much better with Sutter, Sbisa and Miller any better than with Ricardson, Stanton and Lack? Is it better at all ? It sure is a hell of a lot more expensive .
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Is the team that much better with Sutter, Sbisa and Miller any better than with Ricardson, Stanton and Lack? Is it better at all ? It sure is a hell of a lot more expensive .
And Bonino...

And yeah Benning's handling of the salary cap is kind of worrisome. I get that many of the deals are shorter in nature, and he's not trying to get locked down long-term. But, just like his trade returns, it's the trend that worries me. If he's continuously overpaying players he likes now, what is the indication that is going to change when cap space becomes a factor for the team? Will he "flip the switch" and start hard-balling players? Realistically, we could have around $15M tied up in our bottom-6 forwards as soon as this season.

Is it not true that Benning was hard after Iginla and only moved to Vrbata after Colorado went Full-R and gave him the extra season? If that's the case, you could say the best signing Benning has made happened thanks to luck (and Colorado's insanity). Are we a playoff team without Vrbata last year?
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Is the team that much better with Sutter, Sbisa and Miller any better than with Ricardson, Stanton and Lack? Is it better at all ? It sure is a hell of a lot more expensive .
F'in rights it is, Richardson, Stanton are career fringe players, plus remember when we had all those center injuries and Richardson was centering our 2nd line for a game? lol that was painful to watch.

And after being spoiled when we had Luongo/Schneider, I'm more comfortable having a vet in Miller backstopping the team, while our two - top 5 goalie prospects in the world, hone their craft, and hey we pretty much get a free 2nd rounder just by signing Miller. :D (Lack trade)
Island Nucklehead wrote: And Bonino...
Bonino is hella slow mate (spoke to an aussie earlier), like Dana Murzyn slow, you want Dana centering our 2nd line going forward? (haha yes I'm overblowing it).

via canucksarmy:
"[Bonino] being slow, small, and prone to lapses off the puck, Bonino has struggled with making a solid defensive impact throughout his career, as evidenced by that ugly CA/60 rating on his HERO chart above. He also tended to give up scoring chances at a pretty troubling rate, ranking 319th out of 424 forwards to play at least 250 5v5 minutes last season in ScoringChancesAgainst per 60. Even so, Bonino's strong offensive contributions balanced this out, as he was Vancouver's best offensive chance producer at 5v5, leading to a slight net positive impact.

Despite strong offensive play at 5v5, Bonino was never really able to make the second powerplay unit click at any point last year. Of the 195 forwards to see 100 minutes at 5v4 last season, Bonino had the 22nd worst impact in shot production relative to his teammates, a poor overall on-ice shot rate, a fairly paltry chance rate, and an almost league worst 2.63 GFOn/60 - a far cry from the success he saw playing on the Ducks' vaunted first PP unit the season prior."

Bones was pretty invisible a lot during his tenure here, sometimes you even forget he was playing!
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

We got a third and 7th for Lack, I guess 3+7=2
The only HW the Canucks need
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

lol right hw, low 3rd basically a 2nd. :look:
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Skyo if you think Miller , Sbisa and Sutter at 13 million is a better deal than Lack, Stanton and Richardson at 4 million I have some waterfront property you may be interested in .
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Skyo if you think Miller, Sbisa and Sutter at 13 million is a better deal than Lack, Stanton and Richardson at 4 million I have some waterfront property you may be interested in .
You get what you pay for blobby, Sbisa/Sutter have more intangibles to bring to the table (more so Sutter obviously) compared to the career fringer's in Stanner/Richardson.

Lack is like a Vancouver property, gonna get top dollar asap, probably $4M per next year pretty easily, maybe more if he has a decent season with the Canes.

The world didn't end when we lost Schneider and then Luongo, our goalie factory kept producing, and we still are, Miller only has 2 years left, yes it's expensive at $6M per, but we don't really need to go all out in these next two years to go after pricy UFA's, plus Miller has rebounded well from the short lived Blues stint, he'll do well again, and hey we might very trade him too maybe at the 2017 tdd, if Markstrom plays decent. :thumbs:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Skyo if you think Miller , Sbisa and Sutter at 13 million is a better deal than Lack, Stanton and Richardson at 4 million I have some waterfront property you may be interested in .
LMAO, when Millers contract ends after two more seasons, mentoring the next one, the Canucks will have two of the leagues top 5 rated prospect goalies manning the nets. A nice transition. Eddie 'Johan Hedberg' Lack is a good back up.

Stanton is a real barn burner of a D-man, foundational. Blobby has always had a soft spot for the meat and potato guys like Stanton and Richardson. Zero intangibles with these two, journeymen. Probably good slow pitch players and probably love to crush their empty beer cans on their foreheads in some baseball diamond in PoCo
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

If Sbisa wasn't a 1st round draft pick he'd likely be suitcase too (more-so than he already is). Everyone is still waiting for him to turn the corner.

I'd rather have Stanton at $575K than Sbisa at $3.6M.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Yeah it's an obvious troll job by anyone saying they would rather have Sbisa at more than 6x the cost . I must be bored to keep taking the bait .